Author Topic: the donkey needs an assistant!  (Read 3598 times)

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
Re: the donkey needs an assistant!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 01:30:01 pm »
Well, donate and you'll find out his real name. GOGO Stalkers! Donate!
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 01:31:26 pm »
What? Was zum Henker? Dann chadz deutsch?

- Advantage: we speak the same mother language?  :mrgreen:

Well, but somehow it was clear. All great persons in history were Austrians  :lol:

@my rivals ( :mrgreen: ):

Always start with your downs, never with your ups! On one hand it creates the impression of being honest ("Hey, this guy doesn't pretend to be perfect"), on the other hand your application ends with your ups, so they will stay better in mind, after they (hopefully) made up your downs already.

This is a general rule. Always the negative things first, then the positive. Exception: critics. First you have to find something to praise, then criticize. Otherwise some people get the impression you were biased somehow, and more or less ignore you. Saying both good and bad things makes you look like someone neutral.

:wink:

Well to be honest, serious job applications should never start with what you suck at :D But thanks for the advice. Also "rivals" could be a bit misleading as we're not really competing (this isn't exactly a payed job). Or are we? :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 01:33:13 pm by Vibe »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 01:39:40 pm »
Well to be honest, serious job applications should never start with what you suck at :D But thanks for the advice. Also "rivals" could be a bit misleading as we're not really competing (this isn't exactly a payed job). Or are we? :)

No, at a real job application you DO NOT HAVE downsides. It's that easy  :mrgreen:

Was just meant for everything else. Though trying to be honest in an application could also lead to success ("I am a lazy bastard, but when I love doing things I do them fucking well. And I LOVE the job you offer!"  :lol: )

@rivals: well, the topic name is "the donkey needs an assistant", not "the donkey needs assistance"  :P
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 06:09:50 pm »
Wow.. so many applicants..

Well, we have picked Leiknir, due to his outstanding wits and charme. And because he has proven great ambition regarding strategus. And he can do ULF diagrams.

However, the choice was really hard. I know, usually that's just a phrase, but in this thread / in my inbox were many many MANY other people that would have been just as good, probably.

Therefore, we are looking for another one. The application round is closed, though, because we already have spot a few very interesting individuals we'd also like to have aboard. Therefore, we'll discuss the matter for some time, and then come back to you with possibly another member.

So stay tuned!

(btw, I was really surprised by the amount, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside)

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 06:18:48 pm »
(btw, I was really surprised by the amount, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside)
did you or did you not have sex before that feeling? :?:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 06:45:09 pm »
Oh yay, the rest of us "normal" folk have a chance.. I hope!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 07:08:32 pm »
Hey I have basic computer knowledge. Id love to help you research new weapons, armors. Im a real history buff. I think im pretty fun to talk to. Not a dick unless people are mean to me. I don't want to somehow advance myself in the game at all I just want to help. Add me on steam at kolyksoa. Or pm me. Hope im picked