Poll

Cant the upkeep cost be at least lowered?

Lower the upkeep cost its ridiculously high. i cant make money even with 17000 worth of gear.i wont play this game in robe and staff
17 (63%)
Increase the money income ...i cant afford to play even with useless gear and no helm
10 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closes: February 21, 2039, 09:00:47 pm

Author Topic: Upkeep price sucks  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep price sucks
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 03:30:27 pm »
weight x3, so 4.5. Padded Leather is 4.5 and gives you 27 and 10 leg. Which one gives the most armour compared to weight? It's also only 1.6k and not 10k.

Weight x3 just when caluclating WPF, no? Otherwise why doesn't it say "4.5" weight directly if it really is 4.5 weight?

Nevertheless, let's say it's 4.5 weight. 10 Armor for 4.5... you won't get that in body armors. 1 armor = 1 weight in the medium and high tier bodyarmors.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 06:08:04 pm »
Weight x3 just when caluclating WPF, no? Otherwise why doesn't it say "4.5" weight directly if it really is 4.5 weight?

Nevertheless, let's say it's 4.5 weight. 10 Armor for 4.5... you won't get that in body armors. 1 armor = 1 weight in the medium and high tier bodyarmors.
1 armour = 1 weight?

(click to show/hide)
Nope. Not for this one.

(click to show/hide)
Not this one either.

(click to show/hide)
and again!

So nice bullshit there!

But you are right, it probably isn't that bad in a weight to armour ratio, but we are talking about armour to cost here so your points and opinion are (as always) completely useless.

Have a nice day, sucka :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 06:40:10 pm »
1 armour = 1 weight?

(click to show/hide)
Nope. Not for this one.

(click to show/hide)
Not this one either.

(click to show/hide)
and again!

So nice bullshit there!

But you are right, it probably isn't that bad in a weight to armour ratio, but we are talking about armour to cost here so your points and opinion are (as always) completely useless.

Have a nice day, sucka :D
Studded Leather over Mail
weight: 13.5
body armor: 43

+1 lbs +1 armor

Heavy Kuyak
weight: 14.5
body armor: 44

Let's look at what we get when we go 1 lbs heavier..

Banded Armor
weight: 15.5
body armor: 45

Hmm okay.. maybe that's a coincidence..

Black Coat of Plates
weight: 19.5
body armor: 50

Hoo boy, it's actually 5 armor for 4 lbs!

Then..

White Transitional Armor with Surcoat
weight: 22
body armor: 53

3 armor for 2.5 lbs..

Black Armor
weight: 29
body armor: 60

7 armor for 7 lbs..

Obviously I'm not talking about the total weight vs armor ratio being 1:1, that'd be retarded... and beyond the point.... say you are wearing heavy kuyak.. 14.5 weight, 44 armor.. you then want more armor, which is better... 16.5 weight for 46 armor ... (+2 lbs +2 armor..).. or 1.5 (or 4.5) more lbs and +10 armor? You won't get the same armor values from just upgrading your body armor..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:46:15 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 09:08:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Dat attitude! Funny how you bring up armours that exactly prove Xant's statement. Blame your own reading comprehension cause Xant is right.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 09:19:02 pm »
-snip-
Obviously I'm not talking about the total weight vs armor ratio being 1:1, that'd be retarded... and beyond the point.... say you are wearing heavy kuyak.. 14.5 weight, 44 armor.. you then want more armor, which is better... 16.5 weight for 46 armor ... (+2 lbs +2 armor..).. or 1.5 (or 4.5) more lbs and +10 armor? You won't get the same armor values from just upgrading your body armor..

Ahhh, you were talking about upgrading armour. That makes more sense (you can agree that what I thought you said, 1 pound for 1 armour, sounded retarded xD)

And I never meant that gloves arent usefull at all, but they are not the best weight/cost wise. They are often when you want to upgrade a little bit, but he was wearing plate gloves with heraldic mail. Which is much more efficient (especially costwise) with mail/wisby gauntlets.

Dat attitude! Funny how you bring up armours that exactly prove Xant's statement. Blame your own reading comprehension cause Xant is right.
Improve your own reading comprehension. Me and Xant were talking about different things and we just both found it out. Think about your own attitude.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:48 am »
Improve your own reading comprehension. Me and Xant were talking about different things and we just both found it out. Think about your own attitude.
What the hell are you on about? You just completely misunderstood Xant and made various insults to his intelligence because you failed to comprehend his post. Something to which I found amusing cause you were talking smack on Xant as a result of personal failing. I reply to that and now you say there is something wrong with my reading comprehension? Please explain what I misread in this thread.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 01:13:21 am »
What the hell are you on about? You just completely misunderstood Xant and made various insults to his intelligence because you failed to comprehend his post. Something to which I found amusing cause you were talking smack on Xant as a result of personal failing. I reply to that and now you say there is something wrong with my reading comprehension? Please explain what I misread in this thread.
"1 armor = 1 weight in the medium and high tier bodyarmors."

I mistook this to mean that the weight=the armour of medium/heavy armours.

He meant that every extra weight gives only an extra armour point.

Considering what he wrote, it make more sense what I thought he meant.

He then pointed it out, and agreed that what I mistook it for was retarded,  and I then agreed that what he really meant.

You then shit all over the place and laughed at my reading comprehension.

Be honest now, what does this sound the most like:
"1 armor = 1 weight in the medium and high tier bodyarmors."

That armours have 1 armour per pound or that you gain one armour for every extra pound when you upgrade the armour?

If you really think the last one then you need to get your head fixed.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 01:27:18 am »
weight x3, so 4.5. Padded Leather is 4.5 and gives you 27 and 10 leg. Which one gives the most armour compared to weight? It's also only 1.6k and not 10k.

Do you either run naked with gloves or with armor and no gloves?

They're meant to be used together, not separately, and if anything gloves are overpowered, specially heirloomed.

+16 body armor? LOL! k.

Here, let me equip this 27 body armor nomad robe and have fucking 43 body armor.

Here, let me equip this 63 body armor lordly gothic plate and have fucking 79 body armor.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 01:33:47 am »
Do you either run naked with gloves or with armor and no gloves?

They're meant to be used together, not separately, and if anything gloves are overpowered, specially heirloomed.

+16 body armor? LOL! k.

Here, let me equip this 27 body armor nomad robe and have fucking 43 body armor.

Here, let me equip this 63 body armor lordly gothic plate and have fucking 79 body armor.
Of course. I was origionally talking about it being useless to use with that low armour. He's better off with mail gauntlets or wisby. ESPECIALLY money wise, as was the original discussion.

I personally always run with gloves, they can be good weight wise if you know how to match them with your armour. My personal cost/weight/effectiveness wise are the mail gauntlets.

And yeah, armour looms in general are OP, especially the gloves.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 01:39:15 am »
Oh y'all. I think we can at least all agree on one thing. Bjord is retarded.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 11:38:06 am »
You then shit all over the place and laughed at my reading comprehension.
Yeah I understood what Xant meant out of that sentence, together with the context of the post it wasn't that hard to grasp. I wouldnt have made my post if you werent being an utter douche.