Poll

Cant the upkeep cost be at least lowered?

Lower the upkeep cost its ridiculously high. i cant make money even with 17000 worth of gear.i wont play this game in robe and staff
17 (63%)
Increase the money income ...i cant afford to play even with useless gear and no helm
10 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closes: February 21, 2039, 09:00:47 pm

Author Topic: Upkeep price sucks  (Read 1510 times)

Offline oldscorp

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Upkeep price sucks
« on: October 07, 2011, 10:00:47 pm »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: Upkeep price sucks
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 10:07:26 pm »
+5
Hey, how about keeping this to 1 thread and not having a biased vote?

Also, upkeep is fine. If you're losing an obscene amount of money, you are doing something wrong.

According to your other thread you are level 27. You should already have a decent amount of money saved unless you blew it all on crap. Do you have 100 WPF for the weapon types that you are using? If you don't, your shit is going to break a lot. Are you playing siege? Longer rounds mean a greater chance of shit breaking.

Upkeep is very balanced nowadays and quite easy to deal with. I'm guessing you are doing something wrong if you are losing 100-3000 a match, as that is what you are saying in your other thread. Or, you're just exaggerating. Probably a combination of the two.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 10:11:40 pm »
+3
Your poll sucks. Have a "It's fine" option.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 10:11:56 pm »
I've been running around in full plate with my longsword with 103 wpf for almost 2 weeks now and I still break even or even gain money more often than not.

I also agree with the extremely biased poll and suck major dicks.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 11:45:18 pm »
Stupid poll, stupid suggestion and stupid initiator, because there are already about 5 threads regarding that theme.... :rolleyes:

Upkeep is fine. Maybe you should start something like light armour for x1/2 and heavy for x3/4/5.
Or learn to play without heavy plate^.^

There are lots of players who can get a couple of kills per round even when they use light stuff ;-)

Maxbe you don't know the time before the upkeep became what it is now, but 15-20 fully plated guys per team isn't funny :/

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 03:32:04 am »
+1
This pole's so crooked a stripper couldn't dance on it.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 02:29:28 pm »
I use 40k gear on my 2h and make money. I use 53k gear on my horseman alt after buying a destrier and made enough money to buy a courser about ten hours later. Stop playing siege and go play battle.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 05:25:50 am »
I use 40k gear on my 2h and make money. I use 53k gear on my horseman alt after buying a destrier and made enough money to buy a courser about ten hours later. Stop playing siege and go play battle.
So the only mode that should be played is Battle?

:|

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 07:06:37 am »
Yeah poll sucks.

I do find I loose between 250 and 1500 when I get hit up for up keep, which is a mostly every second round, if I avg it out. It is a bit of shock at the end of a 2min round (I play in Australia with 20 people, bite me.) to loose 1500. Yay I made 100 and lost 1500. Sweet! I'm only down 1400, now where is that whoring corner so I can whore myself out of debt.

My rig is;
Side Sword
Heater Shield
Heraldic mait with surcoat
Cav Chichakankakenrekrnerenrner KRAKEN~!~
Khergit Gaurd Boots
Plate Mittens
Rouncy
Cost 44,932.

And some time if I feel like pissing money up the wall I take an Arbalest and fire it from the back o me horse, yes only one shot.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 07:33:59 am »
Armor: 14h 40b 33l Cost: 106,306 gold Slots: 4/4 (Some items heirloomed.)

Horse archery items upkeep is too high. Look at my armor.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 12:38:29 pm »
Dont be lazy and calculate your actual repair gear cost, cause those heirlooms really increase your gear 'cost'. My actual gear cost is 40k, my gear cost that is displayed at my equipment page is 66k. All these heirloomed gear prices that are posted in threads like these really don't help to give a good indication of upkeep.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 02:36:22 pm »
Armor: 14h 40b 33l Cost: 106,306 gold Slots: 4/4 (Some items heirloomed.)

Horse archery items upkeep is too high. Look at my armor.

Heirloomed items up the total price without changing the initial upkeep.

Also, from this price and armor, I can only conclude that you're using an extremely expensive and heavy horse, such as the Mamluk or Cataphract or Charger, or maybe even plated charger, in which case that's your own problem.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 02:42:17 pm »
Yeah poll sucks.

I do find I loose between 250 and 1500 when I get hit up for up keep, which is a mostly every second round, if I avg it out. It is a bit of shock at the end of a 2min round (I play in Australia with 20 people, bite me.) to loose 1500. Yay I made 100 and lost 1500. Sweet! I'm only down 1400, now where is that whoring corner so I can whore myself out of debt.

My rig is;
Side Sword
Heater Shield
Heraldic mait with surcoat
Cav Chichakankakenrekrnerenrner KRAKEN~!~
Khergit Gaurd Boots
Plate Mittens
Rouncy
Cost 44,932.

And some time if I feel like pissing money up the wall I take an Arbalest and fire it from the back o me horse, yes only one shot.
Ok, Jarlek to the rescue. Let's go over your equipment and see how we can reduce your upkeep without making you weaker.

Side Sword: One of the expensive 1handers. I'm gonna say to you the same that I say to people using the Knightly Arming Sword. Wtf, dude? Why are you taking such an expensive weapon when there are cheaper versions of it that are exactly the same or even better stat wise?
For my example. Here is Knightly Arming Sword:
(click to show/hide)
And here is Long Arming Sword:
(click to show/hide)
The only difference? 1 fucking cut damage. One. They have the same speed, length, stab, weight and difficulty.

The price difference is 2.2k. Why the fuck would you take the Knightly? Same goes for the Side Sword. You want a fast sword with a good stab? Try switching to the Italian sword. You lose 3 stab, but gain 3 slash. You lose 1 speed but gain 3 length. The price difference is 1.4k. Enough to make a difference.

Heater Shield: Good choice. Nice 1 slot shield for little money. No change necessary.

Heraldic Mail With Surcoat: Armour should be the last you downgrade. That being said. You can use lighter armour for making money. I use Blue Tunic Over Mail as my money maker. Cheap without being crappy.

Khergit Guard Boots: Boots are the last you should spend money on. The only exception is cav (which both of us are) so I guess your gonna have to keep this one. Just remember to downgrade it when you don't take the horse.

Plate Mittens: The FUCK dude? No. Just. NO! There is NEVER a reason to take such high weight, high cost, shitty defence gloves. This thing here costs more than your bloody weapon! It's in the price range of the greatswords and the glaive! You want the best defense for the cost? Take Wisby Gauntlets or Mail Gauntlets. You want to spend more money on defence? Upgrade the ARMOUR and not the gloves.

Rouncey: Good horse to make money with. Maybe take some lesser armour to constantly make more money. Upgrade the horse when you got an x3 or above so you can keep it rolling for as long as possible.

Also I just noticed one thing:

Yeah poll sucks.

I do find I loose between 250 and 1500 when I get hit up for up keep,
Bolded the important part.

You DON'T repair every round. But when you repair you repair a lot. They increased the repair percentage but decreased the repair chance. Meaning, you repair less times but you repair for more. OF COURSE you're gonna lose money those rounds you repair shit. That's because you gain money on every single round you don't repair.

Rawr.

Jarlek out.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 03:19:57 pm »
Plate Mittens: The FUCK dude? No. Just. NO! There is NEVER a reason to take such high weight, high cost, shitty defence gloves. This thing here costs more than your bloody weapon! It's in the price range of the greatswords and the glaive! You want the best defense for the cost? Take Wisby Gauntlets or Mail Gauntlets. You want to spend more money on defence? Upgrade the ARMOUR and not the gloves.

Lol wut? Plate Mittens give 10 armor for 1.5 weight. Which body armor gives the same? It costs yes, but how is it "shitty defence gloves"?  :lol:
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 03:25:20 pm »
Lol wut? Plate Mittens give 10 armor for 1.5 weight. Which body armor gives the same? It costs yes, but how is it "shitty defence gloves"?  :lol:
weight x3, so 4.5. Padded Leather is 4.5 and gives you 27 and 10 leg. Which one gives the most armour compared to weight? It's also only 1.6k and not 10k.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia