48 (21.7%)
Yea, he sucks a lot.
16 (7.2%)
Yea, he sucks (Enter vulgar word here)
61 (27.6%)
No.....I lurv him <3
96 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 220

Author Topic: [Global] Shik  (Read 21053 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: [Global] Shik
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2013, 09:56:02 pm »
+3
Matey, its impossible to reason with someone when you are just going to say that the facts are a lie.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2013, 10:03:38 pm »
Matey, its impossible to reason with someone when you are just going to say that the facts are a lie.

FCC = Fox News watchers.  I've been saying it for a while now.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:25 pm »

you are right. but I can't help but try to encourage people to see reason anyways.

Seriously do the math here...

cmp promises to unban kesh if he rats out the informant.
that is a FACT.
that means that if kesh is guilty of multiaccounting, he could avoid a ban based on revealing the informant.
OR
it means that kesh had been promised a pardon if he revealed the informant but would have been ban anyways.
AND
it means that if kesh is innocent that he will stay banned unless he reveals the informant.

either way it is sketchy shit. how can you see that as anything but sketchy?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2013, 10:37:47 pm »
+2
except if you read cmp's posts, he banned kesh as leverage for finding the leak, not for any actual crimes. He even stated specifically that if kesh revealed his information source that they would unban him; he then decided to just keep kesh permabanned because they have now apparently looked into the multi accounting accusations and decided kesh is guilty... in other words, assuming they actually did investigate instead of just saying "well fine, you won't reveal the name of this random person who told you stuff?! then you can stay ban!" it still shows that cmp isn't trustworthy; either A. if kesh had been able and willing to name the leak then he would be unban despite apparently deserving to be ban thus circumventing proper justice or B. if kesh was able and willing to name the leak they would have just said "lol u ban anyway" and thus been proven as lying.
cmp is more concerned with banning someone for revealing that the NA team fucked up hard than he is about anything else. he has permaban TWO people in an attempt to find out who leaked, he promised to unban one of those people if he revealed the leak, in other words, promising a pardon for any real crimes that player may or may not have commited if they just reveal the source of that chat log. So it is apparently a bigger crime to post logs from that private chat (which multiple other people have since done) than it is to multiaccount (as cmp is now claiming kesh is confirmed as having done)

the more i think about this the more it just disgusts me.

and as bad as all that is, it still doesn't explain why vick is banned and why they still care about who revealed the chat log.

Why they wanted to find the leak is obvious, and Canary already explained it to you earlier.  The leak's already happened, people re-posting joke versions is meaningless, it's the person who was in the channel who decided to give it to Kesh almost immediately afterwards they were concerned about.  It wasn't the content they wanted to stop from getting out, it was the fact someone got something like that out in the first place.

After Smoothrich banned Kesh & drama ensued (including the leaked logs) the following steps happened, loosely in order but I'm probably not completely accurate:
1) Kesh was given the ultimatum to receive a lighter ban if he named the leaker, or to remain permabanned.  Kesh originally implicated Smoothrich, and now is claiming a little birdy told him.  Either way Kesh lied or is still lying about who informed him.   That's a pretty bad start.

2) Next there was discussion/research about who could have been the person who leaked it in the first place. I don't know much of how that went down ultimately, I was around when Vick was being discussed but I wasn't around when he actually got banned or if other information came to light.  The reason certainly wasn't "smoothrich said so", I can guarantee that.

3) I'm assuming at this point Kesh was researched to see if his ban from smooth was justified, and he was found guilty of multi-accounting so the permaban is currently sticking.  Regardless of everything else, there's that.  Pretty cut & dry.

4) Maybe around the time as #3 Smooth's actions were reviewed and he was deadminned.  I wasn't around for all of that discussion.   I'm also not sure when exactly Vick was banned.

5) I think next steps are continuing research.  Maybe Vick is being banned temporarily, maybe he was proven, I honestly have no idea. 

Anyways Matey let me pose this to you: If cmp & the devs were doing this solely to save face, they could have easily thrown Smoothrich under the bus completely.  They could say "smooth fucked up, Kesh's ban is unjustified, we have a renegade admin on the loose" and just deadmin smooth and be done with it.

Instead they deadminned smooth, but they ALSO looked further into the situation and determined there was just cause to keep Kesh banned.  If this is an issue of saving face and covering up some big screwup why would they leave Kesh banned?  The answer is pretty obvious.

It really isn't worth discussing anymore.  Kesh is guilty, Vick is either guilty or they are continuing research, Smoothrich was deadminned for handling the original situation inappropriately.  And frankly if you are so suspicious of the devs that you are unwilling to take the two involved at their words, why are you here?
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2013, 10:43:56 pm »
+1
well shine.

they banned vick on suspicion. not guilt.

secondly, they did throw smooth under the bus. if it wasn't for those logs he would still be an admin and kesh would still be ban (by smooth).
also, kesh was permaban in order to find out who leaked the information so as to make sure no future chat logs of admins being terrible could be leaked. kesh's permaban initially had nothing to do with breaking any rules himself, that story has now changed of course but the initial permaban was entirely as a means of trying to force him to rat out someone who gave him chat logs.

the irony here is that cmp and them are furious someone leaked confidential info... and their response was to permaban someone in an attempt at forcing that person to leak confidential info. (in other words they want kesh to rat someone out even though they are mad someone ratted out the admins for doing something retarded).

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2013, 10:54:44 pm »
well shine.

they banned vick on suspicion. not guilt.
I don't think either you or I can say anything about that definitively.

secondly, they did throw smooth under the bus. if it wasn't for those logs he would still be an admin and kesh would still be ban (by smooth).
The only thing the logs did was get quick attention by devs. I don't have a crystal ball, but I think all the logs did was speed things up.  The end result (Smooth losing admin, Kesh getting permabanned) was likely inevitable based on how things were being handled regardless of leaked logs).

also, kesh was permaban in order to find out who leaked the information so as to make sure no future chat logs of admins being terrible could be leaked. kesh's permaban initially had nothing to do with breaking any rules himself, that story has now changed of course but the initial permaban was entirely as a means of trying to force him to rat out someone who gave him chat logs.

the irony here is that cmp and them are furious someone leaked confidential info... and their response was to permaban someone in an attempt at forcing that person to leak confidential info. (in other words they want kesh to rat someone out even though they are mad someone ratted out the admins for doing something retarded).
I'm not going to argue this point any further: I've already explained the reason the leak was important to them.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:34 pm »
I'm just gonna address the "logs" one time here since you are hung up on them.  What the hell is so terrible about it?  Its out of context and was the tail end of  like 4-5 months of discussion (long before any Strat wars between clans) happened, and also left out pages of conversation above it with other admins. 

It's also ignoring lots of private Steam chats I had with Shik and other involved parties figuring out what to do and when enough is enough in light of Kesh blatantly trollling on the forums on multiaccounts earlier that day as himself and forgetting to log out to cover his tracks.

This wasn't a one-time thing, other admins, former FCC members, tons of evidence, both of the "head admins" of NA in agreement (more or less, just not how to handle it exactly) over several months have chatted about this and you got some out of context bullshit that was just for drama and are still running with it long after its more or less irrelevant. 

I gladly admit I went over the head of people who should handle these things because I felt the person who primarily handles Strat investigations (not cmp) was intentionally refusing to help the NA admin team on accomplishing anything and due to that I should probably have admins taken away.  I only held on to it for the past year despite all of the shit posting about me being admin because I genuinely like helping people, with a steam list full of cRPG players who come to me for account assistance and questions and have a level head when I play later at night or in Strat and there needs to be people to deal with griefers.

I don't really take Strategus politics and shit seriously and don't think its fun or even actually ever use admin in an abusive way, its just a way to help out people (the people who don't bitch and cry about badmins because I was rude to them once in an internet thread.)

Just chill out dude and face facts and let things be addressed in their own time by the people in charge of them now, which isn't any of us.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2013, 11:07:04 pm »
+1

I don't really take Strategus politics and shit seriously

then why are you the worst forum troll there is. the guy who antagonizes people so bad that they stop having fun. you know how people hate kesh because he shit talks on forums? you are worse because kesh is so bad at trolling that it is usually a mix of funny and stupid. you on the other hand just constantly make up accusations and spew utter bullshit and pass it all off like truth.. why? because you don't take strat seriously? fine, I will accept that as true, but you DO take trolling seriously; you are cool guy when you aren't trying to be the biggest piece of shit in the community, unfortunately you always need someone to antagonize and once you finish with one group you move on to the next. Who is left smooth? eventually there will be no one left who will listen to your bullshit because they have been victimized by you at some point, it is already past the tipping point.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2013, 11:34:21 pm »
then why are you the worst forum troll there is. the guy who antagonizes people so bad that they stop having fun. you know how people hate kesh because he shit talks on forums? you are worse because kesh is so bad at trolling that it is usually a mix of funny and stupid. you on the other hand just constantly make up accusations and spew utter bullshit and pass it all off like truth.. why? because you don't take strat seriously? fine, I will accept that as true, but you DO take trolling seriously; you are cool guy when you aren't trying to be the biggest piece of shit in the community, unfortunately you always need someone to antagonize and once you finish with one group you move on to the next. Who is left smooth? eventually there will be no one left who will listen to your bullshit because they have been victimized by you at some point, it is already past the tipping point.

Yeah, saying Kesh was multiaccounting (while simultaneously accusing us of cheating) and should stop or he would get him and his friends banned was me trolling for no reason.

Stop the pussy persecution/victim complex, its why a lot of your group looks really dumb.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2013, 11:41:11 pm »
+9
smoothrich. you are a guy who managed to get permaban off somethingawful for being too much of a troll. the fact that our standards here are lower and thus you are only muted half the time is pretty telling. are you are seriously going to tell me that you arent a self serving, drama provoking shit poster troll? Cause you are. Also what has really pissed off a lot of people is the fact that Vick (one of the nicest people in the entire NA community) has been banned on SUSPICION of leaking chat logs from a channel that multiple other people have leaked chat logs from. That is all kinds of fucked up, even without mentioning how the guy who gets blamed just happens to be ready to attack hero party before getting ban from strat under suspicion of posting logs that apparently no one should take seriously anyways. Shit is fucked up; plain and simple.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2013, 02:57:41 am »
smoothrich. you are a guy who managed to get permaban off somethingawful for being too much of a troll. the fact that our standards here are lower and thus you are only muted half the time is pretty telling. are you are seriously going to tell me that you arent a self serving, drama provoking shit poster troll? Cause you are. Also what has really pissed off a lot of people is the fact that Vick (one of the nicest people in the entire NA community) has been banned on SUSPICION of leaking chat logs from a channel that multiple other people have leaked chat logs from. That is all kinds of fucked up, even without mentioning how the guy who gets blamed just happens to be ready to attack hero party before getting ban from strat under suspicion of posting logs that apparently no one should take seriously anyways. Shit is fucked up; plain and simple.
who is Vick and why is he leaking info to fcc? he in fallen or something?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2013, 03:43:16 am »
who is Vick and why is he leaking info to fcc? he in fallen or something?

fallen homey d clown

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2013, 10:58:42 am »
+2
I don't really take Strategus politics and shit seriously

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2013, 11:48:13 am »
Afaik, you people really shouldn't get your panties in a bunch over this vick character being banned. Just sayin'.

not sure if i can say more or if i should even have said this

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2013, 12:30:19 pm »
+7
Seriously do the math here...

cmp promises to unban kesh if he rats out the informant.
that is a FACT.
that means that if kesh is guilty of multiaccounting, he could avoid a ban based on revealing the informant.
OR
it means that kesh had been promised a pardon if he revealed the informant but would have been ban anyways.
AND
it means that if kesh is innocent that he will stay banned unless he reveals the informant.

either way it is sketchy shit. how can you see that as anything but sketchy?

Actually that would only lift one of Kesh's two bans (certainly not the multiaccounting one) so get your facts straight before you shout "FACT" and do your Fox News math.