48 (21.7%)
Yea, he sucks a lot.
16 (7.2%)
Yea, he sucks (Enter vulgar word here)
61 (27.6%)
No.....I lurv him <3
96 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 220

Author Topic: [Global] Shik  (Read 21061 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: [Global] Shik
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2013, 06:44:01 am »
+3
People are blowing Shik's comment out of proportion. It's his sense of humor; he just doesn't care.

Isn't that the point??  He is the Head NA Admin and he supports and allows shit like this to happen all the time.  Because he just doesn't care.  Shouldn't we get a real admin who can actually properly do the job to replace him?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2013, 06:50:30 am »
+5
Isn't that the point??  He is the Head NA Admin and he supports and allows shit like this to happen all the time.  Because he just doesn't care.  Shouldn't we get a real admin who can actually properly do the job to replace him?

QFT man. Giving a shit is practically the only prerequisite for the job, isn't it?

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2013, 07:01:17 am »
+1
Canary has been mostly in charge of NA for a while, Shik barely plays.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2013, 08:37:03 am »
+6
Uumdi for admin 2013

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2013, 09:12:11 am »
i vote for Tears of Destiny.

Canary is good admin but I don't think he makes a good head admin.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2013, 01:47:25 pm »
+2
[...]
[21:27] <Shik> i have 0 objections to a ban against kesh
[21:27] <Shik> for real or imagined crimes
[...]
As investor into the new thing, this quote frightens me if it turns out to be true, considering Shik is part of the developers.  :(
Couldn't care less about the actual NA drama though.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2013, 02:17:14 pm »
+5
that's funny. I even have EU guys talking to me on steam and being amazed at how shitty and corrupt the NA admin team is. The actions revealed by that chat log just show that the NA Admin team as it currently exists is a total joke. I also find the reaction to this revelation on the part of the higher ups to be hilarious; rather than trying to fix how bad the NA Admin team is all the effort is being put on tracking down the individual who revealed how bad the NA Admin team is, probably so they can go back to being awful without being afraid of someone pointing out how awful they are. Here is a solution for you guys... Don't be fucking awful and say stupid things and then it won't matter at all if people post logs of your conversations because you won't have said anything damning. If people are expected to have faith in the NA admin team then the NA admin team needs to be held to a higher standard than they currently are. This whole situation is a result of the NA Admin team being shit. They allowed three admins all of whom have personal grudges against Kesh and all of whom have been fighting against Kesh to some degree in strat to ban him without providing any evidence.

I feel as though I must respond to this. The IRC channel is, partially, a boys' club for admins, devs, and (up until last night) beta testers. Much of what is said there is simply blowing off steam from having to manage a community that mostly does not respect you and your decisions. The logs that were posted publicly, for example, can't necessarily be taken at face value because it's not a guarantee that everything that was said was entirely in earnest. To take what Shik said seriously is a discredit to him and his sense of humor, for one thing, because it really is the kind of joke Shik would make. The fact that Smoothrich acted on what he was saying was a surprise, I think, to everyone.

If by a higher standard you mean the fact that Smoothrich was already being probated for egregious bans (one against badplayer) and that he has since lost admin, then I'd say we're on track, here. Also, I assume you mean me for your third when you say "three admins ... to ban him" - when even in the snippet of logs all I said was that the supposed "item-bombing" wasn't against the rules. I didn't initiate the ban, Shik didn't initiate the ban, and the only agreement I personally had with it was that it was beyond reasonable doubt that Kesh could have had access to his girlfriend's strategus account and seemed to have played on her characters. Under such circumstances at the time (and the fact that I didn't feel it was my place - we have a rule of thumb about tampering with other admins' bans) I didn't, at least, contest it.

It's true that I may have actually been the first to raise the possibility of Kesh account-sharing with the Trillian/Clever/Busty/Akira account, but I was content with leaving the decision and remaining investigation (beyond the strat battle where Kesh was in teamspeak talking under the name Clever while Clever was playing, and the original suspicious forum activity) with the people above me, which would've meant possibly Shik, but probably Meow or the devs. None of them, incidentally, even looked into it as far as I know. Smoothrich took it upon himself because he felt that nobody else cared or would bother to check.

Anyways... More transparency for the NA Admin team. If they didn't say stupid shit they wouldn't have to fear people revealing their chat logs. Maybe the NA admin team needs to be shaken up a bit, get some fresh faces at the helm and have them review the current admins and see if they are still doing a good job or not.

Maybe an analogy would be a good idea... you would think it wouldn't be a good idea for the jury in a court trial to deliberate directly in front of the plaintiff, the defendant, the lawyers, the judge and the public, would you not? If you can't see any reason why the fact that the admin IRC logs are getting leaked is bad then you are making a mistake in your reasoning. (We also have our own forum section, by the way, which I assure you is much more formal and serious)

I won't defend everything said in the channel (to say that anything said that was incriminating was in jest would be stretching the truth), but there's more reason for the higher-ups wanting to catch a leak of information than simply keeping the NA admins from looking bad. It's not the NA admins that are actually trying to catch the "mole". The people most concerned are the devs.

edit: I realize I sound a bit harsh towards ALL NA Admins; which is not fair since I'm sure many of them are fine, but the visible admins who are leading the NA Admin team are clearly not doing a good job. Perhaps someone with a higher code of ethics who is already an admin could take over leadership and improve things... or someone with a higher code of ethics who isn't already an admin...

Call us out, at least. You mean Shik and myself. Shik is the head NA admin currently, and I'm the only other admin beyond him who has higher access level than any of the other NA admins.

either way, I would just like to see the leadership of the NA Admin team improved as the current leadership allowed for this whole mess to occur and is focused entirely on rooting out the source of this information instead of improving their own conduct.

No. We're not the ones trying to secure the leaking of information, and any case where we've tried to root it out, like Shik's plea bargain to Kesh, for example, came directly from a dev, in that case cmp.

Sorry if we're slow, but we have been in the process of sorting this "whole mess" out. Smoothrich's ban on Kesh was lifted (by Shik, by the way). I'm not sure if his global ban is still active because I can't see those. edit: nevermind... We're not just scrambling to save face after letting the roof cave in, here, we're actually trying to discuss the situation before we act again - because taking swift action is certainly not the way to go, as we all can see.

We "allowed" this mess to occur insofar as one person was "allowed" to be an admin that gets to make his own decisions, and that we "allowed" each other to talk together about it before we come to a conclusion on the matter.

Canary has been mostly in charge of NA for a while, Shik barely plays.

Not officially and not in deed, I haven't been. I'm merely more active than Shik.

i vote for Tears of Destiny.

The guy who blew up on us and resigned because he couldn't take it and felt like he was all alone being an admin amid the rest of the "inactives", "shitmins" and people who aren't as strict as he is on chat abuse? Or maybe you're being facetious?

Canary is good admin but I don't think he makes a good head admin.

...or perhaps not. Ah well.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:24:09 pm by Canary »

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2013, 02:34:43 pm »
+6
I feel as though I must respond to this. The IRC channel is, partially, a boys' club for admins, devs, and (up until last night) beta testers. Much of what is said there is simply blowing off steam from having to manage a community that mostly does not respect you and your decisions. The logs that were posted publicly, for example, can't necessarily be taken at face value because it's not a guarantee that everything that was said was entirely in earnest. To take what Shik said seriously is a discredit to him and his sense of humor, for one thing, because it really is the kind of joke Shik would make. The fact that Smoothrich acted on what he was saying was a surprise, I think, to everyone.

This. Here's another leak taken directly unaltered from admin chat a few months back:

4:30 PM <cmp> imo asians should be banned from EU unis
4:31 PM <cmp> or non-white even
4:33 PM <Khorin> I'm all for being international but not if it means having coloured folks in the same room as me.
4:33 PM <cmp> ^
4:33 PM <cmp> AGREE 100%

We're always 100% professional when discussing in private with internet people and all views presented there represent our actual views and values that we hold, like everyone does everwhere else on the internet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:40:34 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2013, 03:05:55 pm »
This. Here's another leak taken directly unaltered from admin chat a few months back:

4:30 PM <cmp> imo asians should be banned from EU unis
4:31 PM <cmp> or non-white even
4:33 PM <Khorin> I'm all for being international but not if it means having coloured folks in the same room as me.
4:33 PM <cmp> ^
4:33 PM <cmp> AGREE 100%

We're always 100% professional when discussing in private with internet people and all views presented there represent our actual views and values that we hold, like everyone does everwhere else on the internet.

So why are you not globally banned?  Also, cmp just accuses me of lying when I told him someone came to our teamspeak and used an anonymous name (which is actually what happened) and provided us the info, along with some of the other plans of smoothrich and canary.  I have no way to make up a name for him without lying, but it seems I am permanently banned because cmp chooses not to believe me.  Just seems this kind of arbitrary behavior is going to carry over to the next game they are developing.  I know I'm really not feeling like wasting any money buying that game and I know a lot of people that are feeling the same way - no point in having a bunch of aggravation playing a game with a bad community of developers and admins.  Friends play together, if a bunch of us are not playing our friends also are not interested in playing.  I'm just letting you know that quite a few of us will be playing M&B 2 when it comes out, but you are losing a lot of potential customers simply by how unprofessionally this has been handled.

Also, great work banning my girlfriend, I'm trying to convince her to write unban essay, but all she says is this is all stupid and not worth her time.  She hates all the drama over a game.  I know she won't be buying your new game, it was difficult enough to get her interested in this and practicing on duel server with me and other people.  Not sure what she did to get banned - didn't reveal that i didn't know who gave me the admin chat logs?  Great job though - got her going back to skyrim most likely, though I honestly don't blame her, this community has been suffering from a plague of bad developers and admins for a long time and our clan has been losing all our oldest players to other games for specifically that reason more than any other cause.  We have had people blatantly say they will never play anything developed by cmp and chadz because of how badly they troll and disrespect their community.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:14:11 pm by Keshian »

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2013, 03:48:08 pm »
+5
Kesh, I am pretty sure that giving the devs an ultimatum of unban me or I (and my friends) aren't going to buy your game, is not the best way to go about getting unbanned.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2013, 04:00:18 pm »
Kesh, I am pretty sure that giving the devs an ultimatum of unban me or I (and my friends) aren't going to buy your game, is not the best way to go about getting unbanned.

???  Where are you making that up, just letting them know how badly this all has been handled is affecting people's interest in investing and buying their game, which is the truth.

I know I was just talking with dbrookz who said him andcouple other guys probably will just quit the mod too because their friend vick got permanently globally banned "to get his attention" because they "suspect" he revealed the chat logs (which as far as I know he didn't).  But if you don't care about sales of new games I guess arbitrarily banning people on suspicion with no proof seems okay.  Of course it doesnt help they banned two of our best players right before a massive siege and could have made the difference in winning.  But yeah keep blindly supporting them just because you don't like me - though vick is a really great guy you all should be trying to do something to get him unbanned.

P.S.  Does anyone else find it kind of suspect that he had the 2200 man army sitting next to the city to attack and was banned shortly before he could do the attack?  GG - good way to win hero party, admin abuse for the win.  you know witchcraft might attack next - maybe shik should keep getting cmp to do the ban wave without evidence or proof of wrongdoing - great way to alienate a community .
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:10:59 pm by Keshian »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2013, 04:13:22 pm »
+5
The core problem is the lack of communication. The fact that only now have the admins decided to come forward and explain how the system works and how they come to decisions is rather surprising.  The entire shit-storm could have been avoided with better communication from the admin team and a bit more transparency with the inner goings on of the 'free to play community mod'.

Not letting people know that there was an ongoing process and simply leaving sooth to spew his rot all over those that inquired was an oversight, similar to the problems that have occurred with admins in the past.
Turtles

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:43 pm »
After the siege last night I'm surprised they didn't ban half of the people on FCC's side, most of them had at least 50 kills and would have won if the time hadn't ran out.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2013, 04:31:14 pm »
+2
After the siege last night I'm surprised they didn't ban half of the people on FCC's side, most of them had at least 50 kills and would have won if the time hadn't ran out.

You would have to be out of your mind if you think fcc would have won that siege if there was no timer. I'll admit, there was a point where I thought we were going to lose, when you guys had the forward spawn in that corner tower and were up on the roofs. After we had that under control, it was more or less smooth sailing from then on out. Not to mention we were just getting able to use arrows lol.

@Kesh: Read your last post, all you said over and over again was that you aren't buying M:BG because you and some other fcc members got banned. I agree, that vick/homey shouldn't be permabanned for leaking the info. If it was confirmed that it was him, a week at most would be suffice.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2013, 04:55:09 pm »
+1
You would have to be out of your mind if you think fcc would have won that siege if there was no timer. I'll admit, there was a point where I thought we were going to lose, when you guys had the forward spawn in that corner tower and were up on the roofs. After we had that under control, it was more or less smooth sailing from then on out. Not to mention we were just getting able to use arrows lol.

@Kesh: Read your last post, all you said over and over again was that you aren't buying M:BG because you and some other fcc members got banned. I agree, that vick/homey shouldn't be permabanned for leaking the info. If it was confirmed that it was him, a week at most would be suffice.

If he was perma-banned, than that is fucking retarded.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.