Author Topic: Mount and Blade 2  (Read 14874 times)

Offline Dede

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade 2
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2011, 10:23:30 pm »
How would you reliably reproduce the combat system of M&B on a console controller? You wouldn't be able to, so it would get "dumbed down" to make it accessible, instead of more refined/complex. The curse of games focused on consoles but also released on PC's.
I'm not some sort of PC elitist (even though I don't own a console), it's not like people who play games on consoles are "dumber" or some shit like that, it's just the interface between game and player is much more limited when compared to a mouse+keyboard combo.

I'm not a console gamer, but I think with "Wii Motion Plus controller" and with the next gen Wii (Wii2?), that would be really great.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And of course, the Conroller movements need to respond accurately. Otherwise it would be frustrating.

I can already imagine how some freaked out kids would react in this situation. :P

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2011, 10:38:05 pm »
I support the notion of Team DonkeAy helping TW with the MP in Mount and Blade 2. Maybe get a job from them :D :D :D

And as chadz said:

I'm not sure what the news is. I thought this would be a trailer or some release date. I mean we all knew they are working on M&B2, it's no secret.

But if the new module system allows it, we'll port cRPG & strat over, that's for sure.

People didn't know about Project Obvious: The Sequel already?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2011, 10:48:36 pm »
I've never done it, but I can imagine that for a ps3 controller I'd probably do:
Triangle = Overhead
Square = Left Swing
Circle = Right Swing
X = Thrust
L1 = Block
R1/R2 = Switch Weapons
L2 = Pick Up
R3 or L3 = Jump
I think that's everything...

zillion buttons to do stuff you normally do with a mouse and WASD... gg.

like the console gamers having servers separated from the pc gamers... just imagine the pwnage controller versus mouse+keyb.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2011, 11:04:36 pm »
Concerning the dev calling modders to help, IIRC in the first times of MnB, there afew mods that added sieges to the game, something not avaible in Mnb in the really fucking old versions, Armagan and Ipex hired a few of these modders.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2011, 11:25:45 pm »
Concerning the dev calling modders to help, IIRC in the first times of MnB, there afew mods that added sieges to the game, something not avaible in Mnb in the really fucking old versions, Armagan and Ipex hired a few of these modders.
Also the whole faction things was a modders work if I remember correctly. MnB is one of those games were developers and modders go hand in hand. I like it. Those games are most of the time really good.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2011, 11:31:48 pm »
I would love to play M&B using Wiimote/Move/Kinect :)

This would be so fucking awesome, i would probably brake everything in my living room tho
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2011, 12:08:17 am »
This would be so fucking awesome, i would probably brake everything in my living room tho

Well to play on a competitive level it would suck. But for fun and immersion, yay :)

Offline HuskerRall

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2011, 12:29:06 am »
pfft forget frostbite 2 or cryengine 2

BF and crysis games are for kiddies

You want make loads of money?

get Yazz and chadz work together using Creation Engine or UnrealEngine 3

get at least the head models of Global Agenda or Oblivion i.e. good facegen with dinamic expressions

OR

get the APB character customization ... effin imagine the posibilities

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2011, 01:07:22 am »
nah chad they need you there.. they need all crpg devs coz M&B wothout crpg is like me without my hands....... legs....

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 347
  • Infamy: 1375
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2011, 01:08:26 am »
+1
chadz & crew working on M&B 2 is the worst thing that can happen to that game. They are too childish to be able to produce a quality game.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:11:32 am by Leshma »

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2011, 01:09:39 am »

lol, this is exactly what I was thinking; there'd be nothing left of the room my pc is in... heheheh

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2011, 02:14:30 am »
lol, this is exactly what I was thinking; there'd be nothing left of the room my pc is in... heheheh

but we'll not need a stamina system anymore.. we'll see the real tough guys  :mrgreen:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2011, 02:16:56 am »
chadz & crew working on M&B 2 is the worst thing that can happen to that game. They are too childish to be able to produce a quality game.

+1

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2011, 02:24:29 am »
+1
hmm..

I wouldn't get too high on what Taleworlds can deliver.
In my impression they are somehow both geniuses and retards at the same time.

Let me explain.. They invented this fantastic combat system, but have failed on so many other areas :)

Pros:
*Combat system
*Relatively large scale mp battles
*Imperfect, but probably quite impressive netcode
*A quite unique SP experience, albeit with flaws. (reptitiveness..)

Cons:
*Failure to keep official Taleworlds mp servers and thus build up the playerbase for the 2nd release
*Creating a less than impressive game universe. "Calradia" Not very immersive, no good story, unique in it's lack of imagination perhaps. So open that it leaves most to the player. (Nothing wrong in that.. but too narrow and they need a hit game to make the ultimate WB type game and be in competition)
*Focusing on Fire and Sword after mp became a huge success.
*Failure to make some great deals with big money. Sell the engine and concepts, but keep the rights also *for themselves. With that they could expand and create a real success.
*Lack of visions for possibilities of the combat system, realms etc..
*Lack of support for modders. Took a long time before they got a proper mod system up..

IDK.. it just frustrates me that they are not able to see their own genius AND limitations and capitalize on that, as well as patch their limitations. Notch can do it because his game is very simple, but MB is too large and complex for a small team. Imo Fire and Sword was a waste of time, and more like an advanced mod.

Sincerely I hope they will hire chadzius in some lead position eventually, although he also has his issues lol :)   (Like taking on huge projects that will take ages to finish.. I warned you chadz!)

At least vision and ideas is not the main problem of the cRPG team! It's more about the actual capacity to complete them in a reasonable time. As long as it's fun one can do it :) But nerds eventually meet girls and make babies, and then they need money and time..

Anyway. Competition caught up with WB and many people are stealing their ideas, and they are behind the curve with WB2. The other titles may have way more money behind them in terms of advertising power, graphics etc, and may well be much more famous by the time WB2 comes out. And they can keep stealing the best of WB.. So a bunch of smart fucks with no genius, but actual power to ACT will go away with the big prize, make the famous game, and get all the girls.

I'm not saying WB should do microtransactions and achievements (sic) and be bought up by EA, cause that would be a disaster. They should simply get efficient, hire some people with visions, get some great salesmen, get an investor that let's them do as they want.. Going mmorpg would be way too ambitious and take too much time. Make a system so people can play SP campaign map in MP in an organized non-random way. Just catch the market with good graphics, good sound, a good universe, easy modding, spend a hecklot on marketing and make a lot of money. When they have a large, addicted playerbase+brandname+money, make the game they want. WB is not the title to carry a series, it's simply way too unknown and indie.

as an endnote, most of this is just my unfounded personal opinion. For all i know they have secured the massive financing they need to make a big game, fixed their logistics, bought the engine etc etc.. It's just that I have seen a lot of time waste and blindness from Taleworlds before.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:27:26 am by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Smoketh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2011, 02:32:57 am »
I hope mount and blade 2 is set in the future.