Author Topic: A single pool for items, gold and XP  (Read 587 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
A single pool for items, gold and XP
« on: October 05, 2011, 08:01:23 am »
+1
Would a universal pool of EVERYTHING work?

XP POOL

My idea for an xp pool is that it would be a shared pool between your main and alts. Meaning that if you had 100xp in the pool and you had a main and an alt each would have 50XP.
The only time you would loose XP from your pool is when you spend it on gaining a loom point i.e retiring.

The reason I think that an XP pool would be superior to having XP gain from alts to main or vice versa is that it would result in STF and respecing becoming pointless and probably allow them to be removed altogether.

You could simply delete a char and have the XP returned to the pool allowing you to push your XP into the characters you like to use. It would allow you to create a char base tailored to your play styles; it would also make respecing a snap, and take away the punishment factor that currently exists with respecing.

In conjunction with an item and gold pool it would make playing your alts just as rewarding as playing your main. You could support your heavier spend characters with archer/lightweight armour char. The 0 upkeep boost could be lowered to a less broken lvl, 10 or 15. Hopefully it would make it simpler and easier to play how you like and to be able to change your chars as you get bored or interested in different builds.

ITEM POOL

The value in having a combined item pool is that it stops over lap and gold waist (aka time waist) and makes it easier to support your heavy cost builds. It also allows for more experimentation with builds. No one in their right mind would give an archer a shield, but with one pool with everything in it, experimenting would become much more fluid.

I understand the annoyance of having a hundreds items so when you try change armour mid battle a mighty long chain of junk and tiny little icons appears. Perhaps a solution would be to have 8 weapon and 8 armour slots on the equipment page. The first set being primary gear that you spawn with and the other set being what you want to be able to change to. Remember that you can over load your equipment page and just right click items away when you get into the deployment screen in game.

GOLD POOL

The gold pool is as mentioned above a way to support your heaviest char an alt or main. A single pool would allow you to play as an archer/lightweight armour char to boost the amount of cash for your cav/tank to burn. With the XP and item over lap it also means that time spent getting some cash isn’t “waisted” time.
It seems like it would be a pretty big change to the game and it may not be a good one.

I’m sure I haven’t weighed up all the pros and cons. So please derail this Manhattan express and expect no survivors, or maybe I did have a good idea.

Cheers

*Dons flame retardant suit*

Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: A single pool for items, gold and XP
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:53:07 am »
Something like this has been suggested a few days ago and a few days before that one :rolleyes:

Go post in these threads instead of opening a new one. Every 2nd day there is a thread about sharing xp/gold with alts etc blabla

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:32:59 am »
The idea I'm putting forword here, which hasn't been discussed is about a pool for XP. What has been thrown about in the past is Alt giving a % of xp to the main. What I'm talking about is a single pool for all XP.

You would effectivly have a single pool of time spent playing c-rpg and you would distribute it around. You wouldn't be destroying any of that, except for looming and the occasional screw up when buying items. Its kind of like the way LoL works with runes and masteries.

This isn't about sharing between alts, its about making one massive uniform amorphus mass thing, thingy doodad. Its about letting players screw about with thier builds at will to make the kind of chars they like to play, and rewarding all our effort and play time.

Fammi un pompino!

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 08:11:40 am »
The idea I'm putting forword here, which hasn't been discussed is about a pool for XP. What has been thrown about in the past is Alt giving a % of xp to the main. What I'm talking about is a single pool for all XP.

You would effectivly have a single pool of time spent playing c-rpg and you would distribute it around. You wouldn't be destroying any of that, except for looming and the occasional screw up when buying items. Its kind of like the way LoL works with runes and masteries.

This isn't about sharing between alts, its about making one massive uniform amorphus mass thing, thingy doodad. Its about letting players screw about with thier builds at will to make the kind of chars they like to play, and rewarding all our effort and play time.

Sounds like a daym fine idea.

Would be especially handy when they nerf our classes! :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:27:53 am »
I'm just thinking about ways that chadz could add more carrot and less stick. I know he loves sticks, but we would all benfit from the game being a bit more player friendly. I wouldn't say no to more players in Australia maybe some carrot love would help to do that.

The thing that drives me mad and the people that I know that play Crpg mad, is how difficult it is to tweak and experiment with play styles and build. STF happens once a week, respecing eats hours of your play time a way and a when you screw up attribute allocation or skill allocation for that matter its like taking a quick kick to the balls.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 10:45:30 am »
This would be such an absurdly massive buff to Braeden that I cannot support it on principles related to bribery.

Edit: I changed my mind when I realized how big the bribe was.

Edit 2:  No, no.. Not having a cost to respec would be completely ridiculous for strategus.  People could respec mid battle when they ran out of one type of equipment.  It would be rather insane.

Edit 3:  But would that really be so bad?  I mean, it wouldn't make sense in real life to have equipment not match lives, the current system is kinda crazy, now that I think about it.  Archers died too fast, so our swordsmen became really awful at swordfighting?

Edit 4:  I have no opinion on this issue, or so my therapist tells me.

Edit 5: No...no...I like it.  Just expand the weapons and armor that can be assigned to each character to whatever the maximum is that will load, I like having as much crap as possible load, because I kinda randomly choose equipment sometimes.  Alts need to be buffed, and this would do it if you ask me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 11:24:45 am by Braeden »