Author Topic: Horse Archery... How does it work?  (Read 653 times)

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
Horse Archery... How does it work?
« on: October 04, 2011, 01:42:01 pm »
I was hoping that some of the more Veteran Horse Archers could shed some light on how their class fares after these past couple of patches. I'd like it explained to me how exactly the Horse Archer Skill effects you while you're on a horse, what the damage difference is Off and On the horse, with and without the HA skill, and how things are affected when Movement on a horse is thrown in.

I ask these things because:

1. I have HA3 with 161 wpf, using a Mw hornbow and MW bodkins, and while I'm still fairly new to the class, I can rarely hit things while on the move, the reticule still gets rather large, and "stop shooting" seems to be the only effective way to hit anything. If that's the case, why bother with the HA skill at all?

2. I've heard that since the HA skill reduces the negatives while on horse back (And moving), you're technically doing Less damage while mounted. True?

Having those thoughts in mind, I was hoping for a few points with Aiming while mounted as well, because it seems unless you're aiming at a 90 degree angle from your horse, the Reticule is more hindrance than help.

I ask that if you're going to answer any of these things, you state whether or not you're a Veteran Horse Archer, or that you can cite your information from a Post and/or some other reliable source.

Thanks in advance,

-Zylo

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
Re: Horse Archery... How does it work?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 02:03:20 pm »
Horse archery is only usefull now with 4 ha and 172 wpf.
but also then u have to be very skilled to be akilling machine.
its nothing for a  new person in this class.
If you ride a slow horse like cataphract and everything under 40 speed, is you reticule smaller than on other horses.
Courser is totally useless for Has.
I dont know it but i think u do only full dmg with 4 ha.