Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 45209 times)

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
Re: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.
« Reply #600 on: February 20, 2013, 02:42:52 pm »
+15
SMOOTHRICH LOST ADMIN RIGHTS! GLORY TO THE PEOPLE! DEMOCRACY! AMERICA! A WIN FOR THE WORLD!

(finally)
hopefully it stay's as such.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #601 on: February 20, 2013, 02:46:30 pm »
+2
Guys, of course he lost his adminship. How could they promote him to Developer when he was still an admin?

(Yes yes, I know I said I wasn't going to read this thread anymore, but... wtf, man.)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #602 on: February 20, 2013, 03:04:47 pm »
+13
In case anyone is wondering what's going on.

- Smooth's been dead-minned. At least for now.
- NA admins are furiously debating Kesh's ban on NA admin forums and going over the evidence presented. cRPG admins are semi-autonomous, which means that we don't normally interfere with bans by other admins.
- Also trying to find who leaked admin chat logs, because the chat is meant to be a private place where admins can discuss things without having to worry about their public image, same goes for the admin forums, except the admin forums are usually more serious in tone and actually contains effort and actual opinions as opposed to admin chat. Also someone presenting admin chat logs as if they actually represented actual opinions and not just random trolling is trying to inflame the situation even more, without discussing this with the admins. It also contains some developer chat that the devs might not necessarily want to see leaked.

Usually the admins aren't that unwilling to express their views in the open afterwards. Though, one difference with EU and NA is that NA uses the admin forum more actively and tries to think of a solution together, while EU admins do their own thing and discuss things more in admin irc chat or in the public forums.

PS. Anyone views represented here are to be taken as my limited info on the topic. I haven't been on irc since yesterday, so I'm out of the loop most likely.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:08:31 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 20, 2013, 03:12:18 pm »

- NA admins are furiously debating Kesh's ban on NA admin forums and going over the evidence presented. cRPG admins are semi-autonomous, which means that we don't normally interfere with bans by other admins.
- Also trying to find who leaked admin chat logs, because the chat is meant to be a private place where admins can discuss things without having to worry about their public image, same goes for the admin forums, except the admin forums are usually more serious in tone and actually contains effort and actual opinions as opposed to admin chat. Also someone presenting admin chat logs as if they actually represented actual opinions and not just random trolling is trying to inflame the situation even more, without discussing this with the admins. It also contains some developer chat that the devs might not necessarily want to see leaked.

Usually the admins aren't that unwilling to express their views in the open afterwards. Though, one difference with EU and NA is that NA uses the admin forum more actively and tries to think of a solution together, while EU admins do their own thing and discuss things more in admin irc chat or in the public forums.

PS. Anyone views represented here are to be taken as my limited info on the topic. I haven't been on irc since yesterday, so I'm out of the loop most likely.

Thank you Khorin.
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #604 on: February 20, 2013, 04:26:45 pm »
+2
The Badmin is dead.  Long live the Badmin!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #605 on: February 20, 2013, 04:35:18 pm »
+2
VICTORY IS OURS!
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #606 on: February 20, 2013, 05:17:28 pm »
+8
Smoothrich's MOST NOBLE sacrifice led to the uncovering and permabanning of Kesh and his accounts, a victory indeed

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #607 on: February 20, 2013, 06:34:54 pm »
+5
SMOOTHCUNT DEAD

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #608 on: February 20, 2013, 08:06:06 pm »
+5
Meanwhile in Fallen headquarter:

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #609 on: February 20, 2013, 08:54:51 pm »
+1
Now it's like Meow's thread, but instead of cats it's dancing. Mission complete.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #610 on: February 20, 2013, 09:23:20 pm »

well to add some more fuel.
about 3 or so other people have since posted logs from the same chat, but since they were random "lol trolling" things no one cares. Double standard? I realize one shows how awful smoothrich is an admin and how apathetic shik is towards his role as headmin, where the others show obvious trolling but its the same "crime" of revealing private chat logs. Also, banning people because "we think maybe they leaked info" is pretty much the worst. especially when the person who they identified (or who smoothrich and shik identified) happens to be leading an army that might take smoothrich's city away... gee seeing as smooth is obviously a trustworthy guy it seems logical to ban someone he thinks might have leaked info, even if that person might take his strat city away... HMMM.
anyways, this whole mess is a bunch of bullshit. I still want to see how it plays out but so far all signs point to things getting far worse instead of even slightly better.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #611 on: February 20, 2013, 09:32:36 pm »
+3

well to add some more fuel...
words words words

A bunch of admins have come forth to say that admin chat in IRC is a relaxed chat room, not a strict council. Shik was quoted out of context and the drama blew it way out of proportion. Don't push it as a point in your argument.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #612 on: February 20, 2013, 09:35:43 pm »
+2
A bunch of admins have come forth to say that admin chat in IRC is a relaxed chat room, not a strict council. Shik was quoted out of context and the drama blew it way out of proportion. Don't push it as a point in your argument.

the thing is... they are trying to hunt down and lynch whoever leaked that "not important chat" even though multiple others have leaked random shit from it too. Also, I know shik, I talk to shik, I like shik and shik is apathetic towards his role. If you actually got shik to bother to come read this and ask him "would you like someone else to be headmin of NA?" I bet his answer is yes. shik would rather be trolling. He is a good guy but a bad headmin and I doubt he would disagree.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 20, 2013, 09:37:35 pm »
+1

well to add some more fuel.
about 3 or so other people have since posted logs from the same chat, but since they were random "lol trolling" things no one cares. Double standard? I realize one shows how awful smoothrich is an admin and how apathetic shik is towards his role as headmin, where the others show obvious trolling but its the same "crime" of revealing private chat logs. Also, banning people because "we think maybe they leaked info" is pretty much the worst. especially when the person who they identified (or who smoothrich and shik identified) happens to be leading an army that might take smoothrich's city away... gee seeing as smooth is obviously a trustworthy guy it seems logical to ban someone he thinks might have leaked info, even if that person might take his strat city away... HMMM.
anyways, this whole mess is a bunch of bullshit. I still want to see how it plays out but so far all signs point to things getting far worse instead of even slightly better.

I heard the Star Wars MMO is free2play now..
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 20, 2013, 09:43:16 pm »
+3
Hey smoothrich...

(click to show/hide)