Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 48024 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.
« Reply #450 on: February 19, 2013, 04:40:52 pm »
+1
Admins generally stick by admins... Kind of like the blue line of law enforcement. Christopher Dorner crossed that like, whether it was honest or not, and got kicked off the force. The brotherhood, blue line, admin line... is what matters to most people. Most everyone wouldn't cross it. I understand you are in the same clan as him and wish to stand by his side, even if the odds look weary. That's a friend if I've ever seen one. Time will tell, whether honest or not.

Much like you and most of the people commenting on the matter, I don't know the whole story. The only thing posted on the matter was a snippet of chat logs from a private room in IRC. Without the full story, its impossible for me, you, and everyone else to tell what the odds are that this is a legitimate ban.

I will say this though, I have heard from admins that they have been in teamspeak with kesh while he was playing on clever. Also, for the first week or so that I was busty playing, I actually thought it was just one of kesh's alts. The later part doesn't hold much weight, but I do find it interesting.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #451 on: February 19, 2013, 05:12:29 pm »
+3
where are cmp/chadz? this whole situation is a disgrace for a now professional company.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #452 on: February 19, 2013, 05:28:55 pm »
+1
where are cmp/chadz? this whole situation is a disgrace for a now professional company.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 19, 2013, 05:31:00 pm »
+1

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #454 on: February 19, 2013, 05:35:08 pm »
+3
Actually before making that post about the poll results I took a screen shot of it  :lol:
I think switching the poll option should be a reason to remove his admin rights, clearly he can't be trusted.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 19, 2013, 05:49:31 pm »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 19, 2013, 06:12:42 pm »
+7
(click to show/hide)

He actually did change it around, what a scallywag! I obviously initially voted no, anyone who isn't silly knows that this man isn't a good admin- I mean you can't put it much simpler than that.

If this is the type of admin M:BG will have, I will advocate to get my money back!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 19, 2013, 06:16:08 pm »
Fallen:  the clan that the devs actually had to intervene to wipe out their Strat armies becuase of the rampant cheating and exploiting, until half the dev team became Fallen members.  Then Fallen's enemies were all mass banned until they quit playing for exploiting and cheating, and they celebrated as justice.

Now one of their allies is banned for exploiting and cheating, and they begin showing Solidarity over it, calling it injustice. Fallen:  biased hypocrites?  You decide.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 19, 2013, 06:17:36 pm »
(click to show/hide)

He actually did change it around, what a scallywag! I obviously initially voted no, anyone who isn't silly knows that this man isn't a good admin- I mean you can't put it much simpler than that.

If this is the type of admin M:BG will have, I will advocate to get my money back!

Just out of curiousity, how do you know how good or bad Smoothrich's admining is if you are an EU player and he is an admin on NA? This can be directed at all the EUs posting here that don't play on NA.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 19, 2013, 06:19:55 pm »
Just out of curiousity, how do you know how good or bad Smoothrich's admining is if you are an EU player and he is an admin on NA? This can be directed at all the EUs posting here that don't play on NA.

Because in EU, only Russians and Polish cheat.  Everyone else is innocent of it.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #460 on: February 19, 2013, 06:37:50 pm »
+11
I think there are a number of reasons why Smoothrich and Shik should now be removed as Admins (please note I am not talking about Shik's position as a dev here, just as an admin)

1) Accusing someone of item bombing because they have 3000 crates is wrong.  Our field armies have close to 500 crates and our Siege armies carry close to 2000.  3000 is therefore not unreasonable.  If the items were later proved to be absolute crap instead of siege gear then possibly there would be a case however item bombing is not in any rule set I have seen to date.

2) The following is plain wrong from any admin but especially wrong from a head admin
03:27 <Shik> on topic
03:27 <Shik> i have 0 objections to a ban against kesh
03:27 <Shik> for real or imagined crimes

Either this was a genuine comment or it was a troll post but either way it was used as "Dev" approval for the ban on Kesh.

3) Previous bans in this strat have been done in anonymous waves rather than by targeting individuals to maintain impartiality.  We were assured that the Grey Order and Union bans from before xmas were done anonymously and by a systematic approach yet now we hear that Admins and Devs are targeting individuals in opposing strat factions for investigation.  This makes a mockery of the previous investigations and brings into question whether the previous ban truly were impartial.  Alternatively it suggests that there is one rule for EU strat and another for NA strat which is equally bad imo.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 19, 2013, 06:44:25 pm »
1) Accusing someone of item bombing because they have 3000 crates is wrong.  Our field armies have close to 500 crates and our Siege armies carry close to 2000.  3000 is therefore not unreasonable.  If the items were later proved to be absolute crap instead of siege gear then possibly there would be a case however item bombing is not in any rule set I have seen to date.

The first tip off could be that Ahmerrad is flooded with shitty broken gear, tattered rags, and bent hammers. Also, every fcc army that came down here was XXXX troops, shiny army and a few crates. When they attack they are XXXX shiny army and 2-3k crates.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 19, 2013, 06:44:46 pm »

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 19, 2013, 06:46:32 pm »
All you guys defending Kesh and FCC are mad ignant if you think that they were right in what they did/are doing. Get brains you morons
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #464 on: February 19, 2013, 06:52:50 pm »
+10
The behaviour of both parties here is pretty terribad.
Turtles