Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 48025 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: [NA] Smoothrich
« Reply #405 on: February 17, 2013, 10:36:40 pm »
+3
He currently cannot read i-chat reports because his rank is lower than what is necessary to do so.

Who's idea was this, and why?

What precisely can he do, then?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #406 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:23 pm »
Poll is currently an exact tie!

Do ties go to the defender, like in D&D?

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 18, 2013, 02:15:53 am »
+2
I am still sure he can read them.

I messaged in i-chat specifically related to the MB clan, and he reported back he's "more likely to believe an MB than a Fallen."  Evidently he can read the messages.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 18, 2013, 03:47:38 am »
+4

Who's idea was this, and why?

What precisely can he do, then?

My powers have never been stronger.  I shall ban all those who oppose me, and then sell your account logins to russians for paypal money.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #409 on: February 18, 2013, 07:51:11 am »
It should really say something when an admin has to have his powers lowered far enough that he can't even (supposedly) read I chat messages.  If his trolling and inexcusable actions have had him get punished this severely, and there are several complaints about his (lack of) admin duties why even keep him as an admin?

I for one find it unfair and unjust that after all of the reports, complaints and punishments he still has the ability to flex his power over the poor innocent players of cRPG that want nothing but a fair and decisive moderator.  The only people I see defending his position are his clan friends, and more than just his strategus enemies are against him.

Answers?

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #410 on: February 18, 2013, 07:57:25 am »
+2
Smoothrich being admin is just a running joke in NA Crpg

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #411 on: February 18, 2013, 08:08:02 am »
upgrade smooth to level 4 admin so he is above the rest of us pleb admins

oh in other news smooth is back to full admin powers again to my knowledge
[[correct me if i am wrong]]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:13:10 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 18, 2013, 12:37:00 pm »
It should really say something when an admin has to have his powers lowered far enough that he can't even (supposedly) read I chat messages.  If his trolling and inexcusable actions have had him get punished this severely, and there are several complaints about his (lack of) admin duties why even keep him as an admin?

I for one find it unfair and unjust that after all of the reports, complaints and punishments he still has the ability to flex his power over the poor innocent players of cRPG that want nothing but a fair and decisive moderator.  The only people I see defending his position are his clan friends, and more than just his strategus enemies are against him.

Answers?

No, its almost only just Strategus enemies.  Most who've ever voted Bad in this thread was after I banned someone (or didn't ban) during a Strat battle and the clan would mass vote BADMIN in this thread because I made the Tough Calls that no one else could.  The past page is just crying by EU Fallen members who no one's ever seen in game and Tears of Destiny, who is basically the Frank Grimes to my Homer Simpson (and had a nearly identical self-destruction.)

I know how to deal with griefers and trolls which makes some of them turn around, man up, and behave like fun, usually very good players on the server, or burn out in a ball of raging troll glory and never return (rip spook).

I was temporarily lowered in admin rank for sticking up for the rights of every man, pointing out blatant malicious exploits and bugs in accounts and people who deserved to be banned, and calling out admins for making biased, unwarranted decisions that would negatively impact the community.  I kept it a little too real.

So yes, the admin who has more or less never made a bad call, with a keen sense of right and wrong, with half the community on his Steam list, responsive and considerate to people's problems, and making sure cRPG accounts don't fall through the cracks by bullshit bans of inconsiderate, foolish admins.

I said just remove my admin rights anyways, some of the decisions I've seen have made me want nothing to do with the admin group, because I believe in second chances, understanding mistakes, and getting to know the person behind the player, instead of treating them like cd keys of thousands of hours of game time to ban for the "lulz."

But then I logged into cRPG.  Within minutes people begin asking Smooth?  Can you stop the griefing?  The tking?  Within hours on Steam, I get people saying Smooth?  Can you help my account?  Can you troubleshoot?  Can you figure out why my roster in Strat was drophacked and find me justice?

So I said, give me my rank back.  I've given up on the admins here, but I could never turn my back on the players.  The community that makes the game great.  The community that needs an admin every once in a while.  The cRPG community.

Is that.. so wrong?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #413 on: February 18, 2013, 01:15:11 pm »
You can attempt to sugarcoat it with the dragged out, dead, rotting, beaten horse of a story about how you only care about the players, about how you care.  None of it matters because we already know that you have a long history of admin malpractice and your constant 'raids' on the Diplomacy section have had you muted more times than Diggles or even Kesh at this point.  If it weren't for your current stance of power you'd have been banned a long time ago, I have no doubt in my mind that this is the truth.

I feel sorry for your friends like Duster who actually believe and listen to the hypocritical byproduct of your intrepid so called 'trolling' that you spew during your frequent journeys to the muted mans land.  You claim it's only your strategus enemies that complain, but last I checked you're not at war with Fallen, maybe the NA portion but certainly not the EU Coalition.  You can't just shrug them off because they're EU and they're "never seen in game", if they have complaints and have potentially witnessed your grief first hand, then who are you to say they're claims are wrong because you haven't seen them personally in game?

Smoothrich, when will you stop the griefing?  When will you stop the tking?  To quote Tagora who quoted Ghandi, "Be the change that you wish to see in the world." When you have consistently griefed, trolled, and apparently teamkilled several times yourself, how can you be satisfied with yourself by ending others grief?

Your heart may be in the right place, but until your actions match up with the general intent of any admin, you'll just be another troll.  The only thing keeping you different from those kids who read 9gag and assume they're the "gretast tr0llz evur lulz" is that you're in a position of power, and unlike those putrid "lawltr0lz", there is no easy remedy to the grief you cause.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #414 on: February 18, 2013, 01:44:32 pm »
he genuinely believes he is some sort of behind the scenes CRPG superhero, out to save the world from the evil fallens and there plots to ban everyone in Crpg

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 18, 2013, 01:54:03 pm »
he genuinely believes he is some sort of behind the scenes CRPG superhero, out to save the world from the evil fallens and there plots to ban everyone in Crpg

I'm not sure what Fallen has to do with any of this.  Besides being a group of griefers and shit talkers always trying to start trouble, much like I informed oohilac the other day when he was trying to get MB players banned for no reason.  Basically like LLJK was but unfunny and somehow even less skilled.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 18, 2013, 03:32:28 pm »
+1
I'm not sure what Fallen has to do with any of this.  Besides being a group of griefers and shit talkers always trying to start trouble, much like I informed oohilac the other day when he was trying to get MB players banned for no reason.  Basically like LLJK was but unfunny and somehow even less skilled.

For no reason?  Any worthwhile admin would have at least put a generic "no TWing or trying to help enemy players," instead you blatantly ignore me, ignore the rule-breaking, all to earn a little egoboost and possibly impress your pals.

Again, remove this admin.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.
« Reply #417 on: February 18, 2013, 04:12:00 pm »
LOL the new title for this thread is hilarious keep up the good work smooth

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #418 on: February 18, 2013, 04:53:52 pm »
2/10 would not admin
Turtles

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #419 on: February 18, 2013, 05:21:11 pm »
+1
Smoothrich has regained regular NA admin powers.  Ne'er-do-wells, you have been warned.

Also, in the spirit of this thread:
(click to show/hide)
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345