Author Topic: Great Maul  (Read 1193 times)

Offline neupreis

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Godlike
Great Maul
« on: October 03, 2011, 11:17:57 pm »
I'm the only one, who think that more and more people are using the great maul with plate armour without any problems?
Its ok for me, if plp are using great maul for kill everbody who want climbe the ladder up. But kill easy so lot of plp with great maul on a open field is boring. Especially with plate armour.
I just noticed that of recent time.

Otherwise my skills are bad to kill this great maul plate armour dudes....

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Great Maul
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 12:15:09 am »
+1
I'm the only one, who think that more and more people are using the great maul with plate armour without any problems?
Its ok for me, if plp are using great maul for kill everbody who want climbe the ladder up. But kill easy so lot of plp with great maul on a open field is boring. Especially with plate armour.
I just noticed that of recent time.

Otherwise my skills are bad to kill this great maul plate armour dudes....

Most people are cowards that will run away from these players.  2-3 players can easily take a tincan mauler with no problem.  The problem is if the mauler is smart enough to get support from his team:  shielders blocking other incoming attackers, pikers stunstabbing his intended victim, etc

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:23:11 am »
Sorry for going off topic, but why is this in Strategus Issues?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline neupreis

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Godlike
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 06:51:35 pm »
Sorry for going off topic, but why is this in Strategus Issues?
Yes, its crpg issues  :?

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 05:24:16 pm »
+1
Most people are cowards that will run away from these players.  2-3 players can easily take a tincan mauler with no problem.  The problem is if the mauler is smart enough to get support from his team:  shielders blocking other incoming attackers, pikers stunstabbing his intended victim, etc

yeah they are not too difficult to beat 1 v 1 you can just spam them with most weapons the maul is so slow they won't be able to get in any attacks let alone an overhead.

If they are part of a well disciplined squad they can be killer, but so can a lot of weapons if their strengths are being supported while their weakness are being protected and you will probably be slaughtered by 3-4 dudes working well together no matter what. If you have your own crew to counter them then you can check the mauler with your own spears, or set a fast weapon on him to stun him while your guys watch his back when his buddies try and relieve him.

Maul is a very aggressive weapon that gets a lot of people by intimidation but it's also an all or nothing one with plenty of weaknesses.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 07:29:02 pm »
Seems like it's hit area is large in an overhead, I have trouble side stepping them.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 02:04:50 am »
+1
Seems like it's hit area is large in an overhead, I have trouble side stepping them.

its not that they're hard to dodge, its that they're so slow...even if you dodge they can turn and drop it on your foot