Poll

Do you think that it's good concept?

Cool idea!
It can be good.
I don't mind.
Very bad idea. It's my way of life.

Author Topic: Ladder-killers [No More]  (Read 436 times)

Offline joozek42

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Yoozek and few others...
  • IRC nick: Yoozek
Ladder-killers [No More]
« on: October 03, 2011, 08:21:06 pm »
First of all, I want to say that I hate people who destroy ladders on which are standing their teammates.
They are doing it and don't bear the consequences. Only in some cases someone makes a screen and then ladder-killer gets banned for few days.
After unbann time he usually does the same...

But, from the other hand, people (defenders - cause I'm talking about EU_2 & EU_5, where it usually takes place) who will destroy ladder with group of enemies on it, haven't got benefits from doing like that (excluding that the flag will stay safe for longer)

I don't know if here was topic like this one and I'm maybe recuring but my proposition is simple:
Make something like ladder-kills.
e.g.
Player X has destroyed a ladder with 3 of his teammates. They fell down and died. So player X gains -3 to his kill:death ratio.
or:
Player Y was a defender so he has destroyed ladder with 3 enemies on it. They fell down and died, too (yay, what a suprise). Player Y gains +3 to his ratio.

I would to know what are you thinking about it :)
!! IMAGINAERUM !!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Ladder-killers [No More]
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:23:23 pm »
The first problem is a technical problem.

When you kick a teammate off of a ledge, it says you TKed him due to you being the last person to just touch him.
When you break a ladder, since you never came in contact with the team mates, anyone on the ladder who dies from the fall will not be connected to you as the cause (from the Game Engine perspective), hence why it always counts it as a suicide in game chat.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline joozek42

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Yoozek and few others...
  • IRC nick: Yoozek
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 08:41:23 pm »
But isn't it possible to change from "touch teammate" into "Touch ladder"?
!! IMAGINAERUM !!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 02:25:59 am »
But isn't it possible to change from "touch teammate" into "Touch ladder"?
Remember that ladders were made by the cRPG devs and that "placing solid objects" is not a part of what the engine was meant to do. It probably isn't that easy code wise to do or I they would probably have done it already.

I also really want this for the times when I destroy a ladder with 5 enemies on and they all die. Feels good.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia