Author Topic: [EU] Thomek  (Read 50710 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: [EU] Thomek
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2011, 04:38:08 pm »
I understand the all story, but some elements seems strange.
-you teach him the basics, but he's using an horse. He had been playing inf to level 20, and wanted to try out cav. cRPG was the first thing he ever played on M&B. Fair enough. But usually, we tell future cRPG users to try SP BEFORE.
-i doubt he wanted to permaban him, usually it's at most a 3d ban. He said "Didn`t I already permaban you!?" when he came back on the server. Screenshot or it didn't happen. Or he's confused with someone's else name, or your friend is a prick, and while he was playing "alone", he did bannable things. Happen.
-a complete asshat is not only bumping people, but also maybe misbehaving in chat. A lot of people don't care about chat message, so they say they didn't notice anything, of course. He didn`t notice what Thomek said, but that is mostly because he is new to compter gaming and really new to M&B. The first thing you learn is not to always look at the chat. How can you not notice a pink text ? First thing you learn is to ALWAYS look and read pink chat text.
-admins are not here to "teach" people how to play, they're here to be sure things go smoothly. YOU were supposed to teach your friend how to play. I tought him how to play as an inf, but I left just as he tried cav. Was I supposed to force him not to play untill I came back? Yes, not to play cav at least. He could play more rounds at inf, couldn't he ? I'm happy you found it by yourself.
-i hate when cav bump you "by mistake", when there's no tree next to you, no ennemies, just an open field. But the cav wasn't watching, so of course he bumped you "by mistake". The map was nord town. It is a hard map for cav and when you are not used to the controlls it is really hard not to bump one or  two team mates.That's a very good choice of map for learning how to play cav. Irony inside.
-did i already say i hated people posting other's story. "Hello, my friend was playing. I went away, don't know at all what happened, but when i came back, my friend got kicked. Instead of ban. Admin abuse i say." It was pretty much a simple story, I found out how it went perfectly fine without being there. Yes. Luckily there's admins online. Next time, i'll try out xbow, and how actually teamhits happens when i shoot in melee. But hey, i'm new. I just started xbow and my tutor went afk. I'm innocent.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 04:40:09 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2011, 04:47:04 pm »
1. I agree with you, it is best to try out SP first, but he really wanted to test cRPG.
2. I did not think I would ever need a screenshot of it, so I did not take one.
3. I agree that he should see the pink text. But when you are testing a new game and you see all different colours, like red, green, blue and grey and then suddenly pink you don`t all the sudden react to pink instead of all the other colours.
4. I thought he would be fine, maybe he would bump a team mate once or twice, but hey. Every cav does that.
5. He did not decide to test cav because it was Nord town, it just came when he had just bought a horse.
6. Shooting team mates with a crossbow by mistake is not ban worthy, it is worth a warning at the most. Bumping team mates by mistake is even less bannable.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2011, 05:00:43 pm »
Bah, wrongs happen. Hope he's learned his mistake, if he ever did something bad, or else, learned that you should always be careful around admins. Sometimes they have a bad day, they're still humans.
Though some bumps are more worthy of being kickable than others. When the guy bumps you, you get shot to death, and he doesn't even say sorry, even though he's clearly the responsible of your death, same in melee duels, etc... It's hard to judge thoses cavalry, so i really advise (imho) new players to "spectate" cav players in cRPG, and try out 8 riding skill in native or sp before. Cause yes, it's hard. But when you "learn" in cRPG battle, while actually really bumping down teammates all the way, lancing friends, then it's another story. The best place to learn things is in SP. Else you're actually ruining the fun of the other players whom have played SP before, and find it infuriating that a newbie come and bump them, and think he can play cRPG right now, and will get away with it since he's a new player. The future of cRPG.

I'm pretty sure your friend, apsod, doesn't have any more problems with admins anyway. So, even if there wasn't any mistake from him, the lesson is learned. That's the main point.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2011, 05:17:55 pm »
I've had a soft spot for this guy for a very long time. Back in the early days we were the few ninjas on the server. More than often we chose the same route as enemies and epic duels ensued. Now there's 20 ninjas in each team  :cry: Also he is a film maker. They rule. And he is a chainsmoker like me. And... and... yeah he is the best (no I'm not giving you a virtual bj).
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2011, 05:28:20 pm »
To be honest Sir_Agor is the worst fucking Valour leecher ever, I'm sad Thomek didn't permaban him.

this. and would be more probable to see someone naked killing phyrex with fists by chambering his thrusts and swings rather than thomek abusing admin rights.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2011, 05:39:02 pm »
Apsod, I recall we had a discussion, but not what happened exactly, so I'm not going to delve into it.

For sure it must have been a very blatant and a purposeful-looking bump for me to react like that. Just.. nothing pisses me off more than inconsiderate cav players or deliberate bumpers. A purposeful teamkill is a clear-case, but often infantry players don't even get the chance to even see WHO did it do them. Sometimes it's even hard for me with my terminator name cheat *admintool to see names cluttered by others and far away. Bumping is like spitting on someone, except you have no way to fight back or block..  (REVENGE TEAMATTACKING ALSO BANNABLE btw)

And I'm sure that for every time I (Admin+Easy to recognize) get a bump, every other cRPG player get's 3 bumps. Therefore I react hard to that.

Also, contrary to what Bulzur said, I rarely give out 3d+ bans. I kick a lot, and give short 1h-6h bans if appropriate. (Giving people a break, sending them away from crpg for the night) So most likely if I planned to ban, it would have been a short one.

But yes, I do mistakes. But people raging over kicks however unfair should calm down. Wait until you grow up and have to deal with the real world! I consider kicking the wrong person a positive life-lesson for that person.

Anyway, Apsod, I hope I didn't scare your friend away.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2011, 05:54:43 pm »
Actually best admin by far is Random_Dude. Never saw any admin kicking leechers in the middle of the game on siege servers, apart from him.

it's RandomDude lol thx ^^

good thread btw - nice to see some admin-love going on

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2011, 06:15:23 pm »
+3
I'm touched :)

Thanks for the support!

I take this support as a blank check to abuse even moar!

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2011, 06:39:07 pm »
I hate thomek with every single cell of my silly body.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2011, 06:42:10 pm »
Hehehe, fair enough. My friend is still playing, and he is enjoying the game.

I know it is really annoying to get bumped like that, but sometimes you just gotta let it go.

I still want you as an admin tho, you are doing a great job :)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2011, 07:25:04 pm »
Lol nice job at squeezing two topics into one big one, its completely messed up now.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2011, 07:57:44 pm »
The day Thomek lose his admin powers I will cry, seriously I will. Thomek is one of the most efficient active admins we have and it would be a shame to lose him.

+1
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2011, 11:07:39 pm »
Also, contrary to what Bulzur said, I rarely give out 3d+ bans. I kick a lot, and give short 1h-6h bans if appropriate. (Giving people a break, sending them away from crpg for the night) So most likely if I planned to ban, it would have been a short one.

Damn, now everybody knows you still have work to do. 3d+ bans are the real deal.^^

The big inconvenient of this topic being moved here, is i can't -1 Lanic0r's posts. :'( It would have been very good for my psychological health to see his opening post hidden, thanks to a -10 or more from the community. Bah... i'll deal with it.

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2011, 04:44:36 pm »
I hate thomek,thats all.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2011, 04:59:33 pm »
aww...