Author Topic: [EU] Thomek  (Read 50172 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [EU] Thomek
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2011, 04:04:50 pm »
No, I'm your fucking overlord. Now sit the hell down and keep your mouth shut.

No, you're actually just a wannabe heretic. Proof? It even says so under your name.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2011, 04:06:14 pm »
No, you're actually just a wannabe heretic. Proof? It even says so under your name.

(click to show/hide)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2011, 04:07:22 pm »
Agor had it coming, imho. Camping roof and shooting people trying to get up, that ticks me off.

and i dont like inf , who can block everything and some cav, and what?  8-)
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2011, 04:08:10 pm »
and i dont like inf , who can block everything and some cav, and what?  8-)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2011, 04:09:24 pm »
I always liked Thomek, but a while ago me and my friend was playing on EU 4. My friend just got the game and I was teaching him the basics, I left to get some dinner and when I came back Thomek had tried to permaban him because he bumped him by mistake. Thomek kicked him instead of banning him by mistake.

I do not like that kind of additude at all. It is even more important when it is a new player. Teach them how it is done instead of banning them.

I asked Thomek why he kicked him and he said that he tried to ban him, but he pressed the wrong button. He told me that my friend was being a complete asshate or something like that, because he bumped him once. Several people said that my friend had been doing nothing wrong for the past several rounds.

All in all, thomek should teach people how to play instead of banning them for a small mistake, normally if it happend  to another player instead of thomek he would not even get kicked. Banning someone new because he bumped you by mistake is the worst possible way to act towards a new player.

I understand the all story, but some elements seems strange.
-you teach him the basics, but he's using an horse.
-i doubt he wanted to permaban him, usually it's at most a 3d ban.
-a complete asshat is not only bumping people, but also maybe misbehaving in chat. A lot of people don't care about chat message, so they say they didn't notice anything, of course.
-admins are not here to "teach" people how to play, they're here to be sure things go smoothly. YOU were supposed to teach your friend how to play.
-i hate when cav bump you "by mistake", when there's no tree next to you, no ennemies, just an open field. But the cav wasn't watching, so of course he bumped you "by mistake".
-did i already say i hated people posting other's story. "Hello, my friend was playing. I went away, don't know at all what happened, but when i came back, my friend got kicked. Instead of ban. Admin abuse i say."
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2011, 04:10:42 pm »
"first rule of em all: common sense"
    ~ chadz

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

This is so fucking great, chadz is the man

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2011, 04:11:42 pm »
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2011, 04:16:29 pm »
dont see image :(

There you go...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2011, 04:18:09 pm »
I would approve but he's a ninja, so I can't.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2011, 04:19:00 pm »
Hes a good admin but why isnt there a no vote? bit biased no?

Shut the fuck up and sit down.

He is awesome, you're not.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2011, 04:20:58 pm »
nope(

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2011, 04:26:18 pm »
+5
Thomek is the only one with a quick judgement of who's being an asshat and who isn't. He's not some peace loving hippy who allows everything or warns intentional tk'ers. He swiftly swings the banhammer. That's what we need to bring some order to our troll filled servers.

I'm glad other people appreciate his adminning, cause the only other hardball admin, nuffen, got his adminrights removed.

So props to Thomek, keep on cracking down!

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2011, 04:27:30 pm »
+1
Nuffen was dumb, Thomek is not.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2011, 04:28:14 pm »
I understand the all story, but some elements seems strange.
-you teach him the basics, but he's using an horse. He had been playing inf to level 20, and wanted to try out cav. cRPG was the first thing he ever played on M&B.
-i doubt he wanted to permaban him, usually it's at most a 3d ban. He said "Didn`t I already permaban you!?" when he came back on the server.
-a complete asshat is not only bumping people, but also maybe misbehaving in chat. A lot of people don't care about chat message, so they say they didn't notice anything, of course. He didn`t notice what Thomek said, but that is mostly because he is new to compter gaming and really new to M&B. The first thing you learn is not to always look at the chat.
-admins are not here to "teach" people how to play, they're here to be sure things go smoothly. YOU were supposed to teach your friend how to play. I tought him how to play as an inf, but I left just as he tried cav. Was I supposed to force him not to play untill I came back?
-i hate when cav bump you "by mistake", when there's no tree next to you, no ennemies, just an open field. But the cav wasn't watching, so of course he bumped you "by mistake". The map was nord town. It is a hard map for cav and when you are not used to the controlls it is really hard not to bump one or  two team mates.
-did i already say i hated people posting other's story. "Hello, my friend was playing. I went away, don't know at all what happened, but when i came back, my friend got kicked. Instead of ban. Admin abuse i say." It was pretty much a simple story, I found out how it went perfectly fine without being there.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »
Don't you dare touch the only admin that applies common sense in his adminning. Thomek has an accurate asshat radar and unlike the other admins he isn't afraid to use it.