Author Topic: Lag? What the..  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Lag? What the..
« on: January 31, 2011, 07:10:25 pm »
I'm experiencing this now.. it's annoying. 100 ish pings, no matter which server, I can't fight, blocks and attacks won't go instantly.
My spyware/antivir combo shows nothing. Also nothing is being downloaded. It was fine not long ago. The hell, I want to play, damnit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
Re: Lag? What the..
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:34:14 pm »
I'm experiencing this now.. it's annoying. 100 ish pings, no matter which server, I can't fight, blocks and attacks won't go instantly.
My spyware/antivir combo shows nothing. Also nothing is being downloaded. It was fine not long ago. The hell, I want to play, damnit.

Got the same problem :/

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:33:51 pm »
Same for me. Sometimes it's just a bit laggy, sometimes my connection is killed every 10 minutes :/

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:50:45 pm »
Damn.. I was on duel server, it was fine when I played 30 min ago (50-60ms). But when I entered EU1.. Ping skyrocketed to 150 and higher.
What the hell?

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 11:14:35 pm »
While my ping is unchanged at around 30-40 I do have some lag spikes unusual to playing. Dunno if anything is up with server?
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:23:21 pm »
It is weird, i have a connection that allows be to barely play in optimal conditions (=72 ping), so i notice lag alot and avoid lagged servers. In the past week we had eu1 lagging while eu4 was fine, in the last days i noticed both lagging, and that influences ping but not only that. Sometimes i would slash vertically an enemy in half, and nothing happens (missed because of desynch). Another time i wanted to kill a dehorsed guy, on my screen i hit him but for the server i killed a team mate (who was obviously upset lol). Yesterday then i got killed by a guy who was out of melee range by large, and he was using a sword. Are the servers being migrated or something ? Did someone steal the internetz ?

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 12:43:05 am »
Muffin was hacking his char to finally get into Mercs, that causes all the trouble.

I only noticed the usual delay I have cos of my high ping, but every single time this guy (Muffin cant remember the exact name) is nearby I have hits when I clearly miss the opponent, and I get double-hit even if noone is even close. Ban him.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 02:03:48 am »
Muffin was hacking his char to finally get into Mercs, that causes all the trouble.

I only noticed the usual delay I have cos of my high ping, but every single time this guy (Muffin cant remember the exact name) is nearby I have hits when I clearly miss the opponent, and I get double-hit even if noone is even close. Ban him.

I don't understand if you're trolling. The bluemuffin guy did something weird, but nothing indicated obvious cheating. He was swinging faster than he should have, but i didn't notice anything else. I also noticed something being changed already, one player said (idk if it's true, take it for what it is) that the long hafted blade was bugged, maybe they have fixed it.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 04:03:27 am »
100 ping is high for you?????? I mean really??? My regular is 100, now my ping spikes to 200-300 maybe even in the 1000's, so yeah ping does go high.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 11:03:41 am »
100 ping is high for you?????? I mean really??? My regular is 100, now my ping spikes to 200-300 maybe even in the 1000's, so yeah ping does go high.

Go in the game, see the ping of all players, most are around 50, very few go as high as 70-80, and very few people who shouldn't play fps games are over 100. Most realize this and quit until they can get a better connection. Are you saying 100 ping is normal ? Bullshit. Why do people challenge obvious facts ? It gets boring.

Today there was a bit of lag, then later tonight it disappeared. Servers are still doing fine now, no lag.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 11:16:17 am »
100 ping is high for you?????? I mean really???

Yes, it is high for me, most of the time it's around 50-60.
With 100+, I can't stop horses, can't block, and hitboxes get f*cked up. Makes the game unplayable.

I'll do a very deep search now, with even more programs. Something hogs my bandwidth, I'm sure of it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 01:49:20 pm by Christo »