Author Topic: Syndicate FPS  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Syndicate FPS
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 12:25:33 am »
Syndicate - I just nostalgia'd.

But I'm not really excited for this game at all, it's just an FPS using the theme of Syndicate, so it's basically going to be nothing like Syndicate or what made Syndicate 'unique' and fun, lol.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 01:39:15 am »
Syndicate - I just nostalgia'd.

But I'm not really excited for this game at all, it's just an FPS using the theme of Syndicate, so it's basically going to be nothing like Syndicate or what made Syndicate 'unique' and fun, lol.

yep i'm sure of it.. just only because it's an electronic arts idea  :cry:

we wants bullfrog back! don't know if peter molyneux is still somewhere.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:28:20 am »
Isn't that the guy responsible for inflicting Fable upon the world?

Good riddance to him, I say.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 07:50:49 am »
Syndicate was the first game I was proud of beating at the hardest difficulty. Loved my lazorspam.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 08:24:18 am »
As long as it's the same universe the game can be called Syndicate. I mean, if someone would make a Mount&Blade that plays like Total War in battles and campaign map, I wouldn't start raging in the forums that it's called "Mount&Blade". Perspective doesn't matter, gameplay doesn't matter, it's the setting of the game that defines the name(and if your arguments rhyme they're convincing all the time). In general I'm against sequels that are called the same as the originals, though. For example if every Total War game would just be called "Total War" I'd be mad. There should be a way to differentiate them based on the name. You could call this game "Syndicate: A New Hope" for all I care

I have a feeling I've made the same argument regarding Fallout back in 2008 or whatever. Relax people, if it's shit, don't buy it. If it's good, don't let the genre combined with the name deter you.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:31:27 am by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 11:02:23 am »
As long as it's the same universe the game can be called Syndicate. I mean, if someone would make a Mount&Blade that plays like Total War in battles and campaign map, I wouldn't start raging in the forums that it's called "Mount&Blade". Perspective doesn't matter, gameplay doesn't matter, it's the setting of the game that defines the name(and if your arguments rhyme they're convincing all the time). In general I'm against sequels that are called the same as the originals, though. For example if every Total War game would just be called "Total War" I'd be mad. There should be a way to differentiate them based on the name. You could call this game "Syndicate: A New Hope" for all I care

I have a feeling I've made the same argument regarding Fallout back in 2008 or whatever. Relax people, if it's shit, don't buy it. If it's good, don't let the genre combined with the name deter you.

agree the whole paragraph. about this new syndicate, knowing that electronic arts is working on it, will be hardly a decent game.

i'm currently playing 7.62 high calibre and is the best sequel to the jagged alliance series. is so good that every jagged alliance fan should buy it with closed eyes... there is a little modding community fixing the game and adding TONS of weapons... and share the same lovely focus point of weapon stats for guns nerds.

as always, little software developers > big companies (EA, rockstar, sony, etc...)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 11:12:17 am »
The developer of Syndicate are the guys that made "The Darkness", and the Riddick Games, of which the first one was great and the second was okay.

There's some hope, and from what I'ev heard it's been in development for 4 years. And it's a fairly small swedish developer. EA is the publisher, though.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 01:28:41 pm »
+1
Agreed.

EA is the tumor of the gaming industry. They ruined so many good series already.

Westwood  :cry:

PS: Thank god it's only the publisher. But erm.. I hate how their influence (money) can change developers.

Capitalist schweinehunde.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:30:15 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 02:42:02 pm »
Agreed.

EA is the tumor of the gaming industry. They ruined so many good series already.

Westwood  :cry:

PS: Thank god it's only the publisher. But erm.. I hate how their influence (money) can change developers.

Capitalist schweinehunde.

accolade, novasoft, dreamworks, westwood, maxis, bullfrog, and so much many i need to check wikipedia to get em all...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Electronic_Arts

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 02:50:21 pm »
Through the looking glass, i am still wating for System Shock 3.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 03:05:12 pm »
Hah, nice list Corrado.

I even heard that EA wanted to take a slice from Notch, so they can "borrow" the idea of Minecraft.

Damned parasites.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 06:36:58 pm »

No one wrote anything about it not being 'Syndicate'.

And if it was aimed at me, I simply said that the only thing it has in common with Syndicate is the theme, I never said it can't or shouldn't be called Syndicate. I already kinda know I'm notgoing to be a big fan of this game, because it is not the same game as "Syndicate" and has none of the gameplay or features what made me like Syndicate.

I can imagine it will just be another generic shooter I play for a few hours and never touch again, you can quote me on that regardless of how it actually turns out, but my money is on this game being pretty damn average and boring. The only FPS I can bring myself to play nowadays are still Battlefield games and source mods, mostly all the others are the same recycled garbage.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:39:10 pm by Leesin »

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 12:03:13 am »
Hey! I just noticed that my favourite modern sci-fi writer, Richard K. Morgan is working on this. Great news for me.
Altered Carbon and Woken Furies are my favourite Sci-fi books of recent years or maybe even of all time.

And yes, I realize he also wrote Crysis 2, which was in my opinion a fairly good story for an FPS/video game.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 10:44:26 am »
The developer of Syndicate are the guys that made "The Darkness", and the Riddick Games, of which the first one was great and the second was okay.
That Riddick-game was really great, did'nt expected that. Also Richard K. Morgan sounds good. Planning on reading somehting from him since I read a good review from abercrombie about "the steel remains" . And I saw that he likes Murakami. Will check altered carbon someday.