Author Topic: Fewer players now?  (Read 10811 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Fewer players now?
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:42:51 pm »
Hi there!

I am working the second half of the day, so I can only play after midnight, in most cases I play from 2 to 4 a.m. (MET), and at that time there are about 50-60 players online on EU1 or EU4. Wasn't this used to be more, even at that time?

When is the peak of player population reched? 8 p.m.?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 01:42:50 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Re: Less players now?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:49:33 pm »
There are less players at all times these days, those times when eu1 and eu2 were almost always full or after eu4 appeared it had 160+ players on and EU1 was still full are long gone, now there are rarely more than 100 players on EU1 (even between 18:00-22:00 GMT, that should be the peak hours), <50 on EU2 and 50-60 on a siege server (EU5 or 6). I guess many people are waiting for a fresh strategus start to give them a purpose for the crpg grind, others have exams and others have GTX because of the new patch (DaveUKR).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:51:40 pm by Punisher »

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:01:32 pm »
Also near christmas -> january holiday season and people could play more, now that the semester has started up again, its common sense that people are going to be less active :)

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:22:11 pm »
There are less players at all times these days, those times when eu1 and eu2 were almost always full or after eu4 appeared it had 160+ players on and EU1 was still full are long gone, now there are rarely more than 100 players on EU1 (even between 18:00-22:00 GMT, that should be the peak hours), <50 on EU2 and 50-60 on a siege server (EU5 or 6). I guess many people are waiting for a fresh strategus start to give them a purpose for the crpg grind, others have exams and others have GTX because of the new patch (DaveUKR).

Hail comrade  Donkey and his epic fail patch.  Combat and Grinding balance is worser  than ever before. Donkeys new target group are trash kids, hardcore fanboys and stacking clan gankers . I think this At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. when the summer begins.

I really  miss the  (full) 160 player server with adult admins.

R.I.P. Pecores Server  :rolleyes:

Also near christmas -> january holiday season and people could play more, now that the semester has started up again, its common sense that people are going to be less active :)

Dream on ...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 02:29:56 pm by Bonze »
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:26:21 pm »
Hail comrade  Donkey and his epic fail patch.  Combat and Grinding balance is worser  than ever before. Donkeys new target group are trash kids, hardcore fanboys and stacking clan gankers . I think this At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. when the summer begins.

I really  miss the  (full) 160 player server with adult admins.

R.I.P. Pecores Server  :rolleyes:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 02:29:34 pm »
There are not full server because players started to play on siege servers too. Whole player base is distributed among all servers because its better to play with less players than full server now.

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 02:32:22 pm »

Its your RL picture?  :mrgreen:
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 02:34:05 pm »

"But why should I have the same goal? There is no reason whatsoever for me to try and gather the largest playerbase possible. If it is a byproduct of me having fun while playing, that's great. But if I actually have to decide between maintaining a large playerbase or creating a fun game, well - I am sorry, I want to do something that I have fun doing. I am aware that is selfish, but when I wash a car, it's mine, not my neighbours'. (Not that I could afford one :D)"

We don't want your dirty, grinding unwashed masses. If Bonze is a representative of the tards not playing anymore, then all I can say is fuck yeah!

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 02:35:23 pm »

It'll be dead roughly 11 months from now, actually. AND SO ARE WE ALL!!!

I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »
It'll be dead roughly 11 months from now, actually. AND SO ARE WE ALL!!!

2012 is old news Bane, now the 2013 solar storms are the shit, with no electricity we will be sent back to medieval ages so you will get to play cRPG IRL, how cool is that?

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 02:49:25 pm »
Its your RL picture?  :mrgreen:
Yeah he has an eagle stuck to his hair, horrible fate.

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 02:59:41 pm »
2012 is old news Bane, now the 2013 solar storms are the shit, with no electricity we will be sent back to medieval ages so you will get to play cRPG IRL, how cool is that?

Wat? So even if those prophecies are wrong, I've got to worry about solar storms now? This is why I don't watch the news...
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 03:14:17 pm »
Yes, you have to worry about there maybe being a solar storm in 2013! It's horrible, its effects could even *Gasp* be worse than an ash cloud's. But hey, don't worry, because it'd last shorter than  an ash cloud.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 03:17:47 pm »
There certainly is less of a population on the NA servers, too. It's not the exams here, I don't think.

The most recent patch has a hailstorm of throwing going around, so I reckon that might be a contributing factor as to why new people aren't sticking around long :(

We're halfway into the college semester, so it doesn't make sense for there to be a low player count, really.

We *are* getting a larger than usual late night community though :3 That's always something nice

Offline mammoni

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 03:31:37 pm »
Don't forget that there was a steam sale during the holidays / right before the patch. Lots of new players just giving it a try, and many leaving after some days, that's inevitable.

Player base looks stable to me.