Author Topic: What happened to the apology?  (Read 10515 times)

Offline Toffey

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to the apology?
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2011, 03:52:24 am »
I hate people who say sry and then die´s because he was too busy trying to please the guy he accidentally killed  :rolleyes:

I don't know, after I team-kill someone, I always feel a bit suicidal and want to get killed to make up for it.

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2011, 04:04:34 am »
+1
As a cavalryman, I support this, I love seeing harmless foes typing appolgies until I couch them.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2011, 04:16:53 am »
+1
As a cavalryman, I support this, I love seeing harmless foes typing appolgies until I couch them.

Until? Trust me, they're still harmless when they're dead.
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2011, 04:42:01 am »
I have a confession. Sometimes I apologize, but I'm really laughing on the inside.

Offline HatsuneMiku

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_HatsuneMiku
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2011, 02:48:34 pm »
I hate seeing apologies. Use your time constructively and kill the enemy rather than make me feel better. I don't need an apology, I can tell when you're being an utter bundle of sticks.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2011, 01:49:47 am »
there is nothing i hate more than capturing/defending the flag in siege outnumbered while a teammate tk/tw/interrupt me just to die a second after (losing the round) because he stops to say "sorry".

and some days TKs and TWs both from melee and ranged are so many i really rage... sometimes i can't even make it to where i need to be without being teamwounded to 5% health... or as i use overhead a lot, i everytime find some teammate sticked to my ass stopping my overheads from my back.

anyway with the new hitboxes i miss a lot of overheads even if i clearly see the ball of my morningstar kissing the face of my opponent. that's really disappointing.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2011, 02:47:41 pm »
I used to always apologize because I thought it was the 'proper' thing to do, but then I apologized on a TK that I actually felt was the other guy's fault and he said 'learn to aim' back at me. Had enough of it right there.

And I've seen guys start a poll against a guy for no reason other than they did not apologize after a TK.
All of you who think that you are owed an apology after every single TK need to pull your heads out of your proverbial ass. I still apologize for a TK every now and then, but usually I don't either because I'm still fighting or I don't feel like they deserve an apology from me.

(FYI, Siege is not a Duel server, circle strafe less and maybe you Infantry will receive less Team-Wounds)

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2011, 03:36:05 pm »
Thx duke, well that's your pov =) i always apologize if i notice tk, then if he starts running his mouth i either ignore him and every time if i tk him i don't apologize him OR i start running my mout to him  :mrgreen:
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2011, 04:55:51 pm »
I used to always apologize because I thought it was the 'proper' thing to do, but then I apologized on a TK that I actually felt was the other guy's fault and he said 'learn to aim' back at me. Had enough of it right there.

And I've seen guys start a poll against a guy for no reason other than they did not apologize after a TK.
All of you who think that you are owed an apology after every single TK need to pull your heads out of your proverbial ass. I still apologize for a TK every now and then, but usually I don't either because I'm still fighting or I don't feel like they deserve an apology from me.

(FYI, Siege is not a Duel server, circle strafe less and maybe you Infantry will receive less Team-Wounds)

mates, fight standing still and DON'T MOVE! there is duke around!

seriously... if you can't control your swings is not a dancer's fault.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2011, 08:30:38 am »
+1
mates, fight standing still and DON'T MOVE! there is duke around!

seriously... if you can't control your swings is not a dancer's fault.

If there's 3 or so teammates trying to help and the 'dancer' KNOWS it, it IS his fault as far as I'm concerned.

A lot 'dancers' deliberately do this to try and maintain a sort of mini-duel, especially in flat open areas and friendly archers are trying to help. Dance in one direction, not circles, and friendly archer can pick that guy off easily, or they wound him and you get an easy kill.

None of you are going to convince me that circle-strafing like you're on Ecstasy is a good idea in a team setting.  Too many Rambo infantry want all the glory and none of the teamwork.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:34:45 am by Duke »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2011, 09:16:37 am »
If there's 3 or so teammates trying to help and the 'dancer' KNOWS it, it IS his fault as far as I'm concerned.

A lot 'dancers' deliberately do this to try and maintain a sort of mini-duel, especially in flat open areas and friendly archers are trying to help. Dance in one direction, not circles, and friendly archer can pick that guy off easily, or they wound him and you get an easy kill.

None of you are going to convince me that circle-strafing like you're on Ecstasy is a good idea in a team setting.  Too many Rambo infantry want all the glory and none of the teamwork.

I personally always try to maneuver so that my current target's back (and my shield) are facing an archer (preferably an ally). I may not get the kill, but it helps the team win, and that gets me closer to x5.

Offline HistorianDude

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2011, 06:54:09 pm »
I figure what other people do or do not do is none of my business. The only thing I have control over is whether or not I am polite or a douche, and I try not to let other people affect that too much.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2011, 12:59:35 am »
I usually only apologize if I thought it was flagrant.  Like you come around a corner and whamo, warhammer right in the brain, because I swung at a face and didn't stop to look for a symbol.  Or I hit you with a throwing axe because your symbol color kinda blended with the background and I just didn't notice it.

Basically I say sorry if I meant, "That was bad and I should be capable of not repeating that type of mistake in the future".

If it was just a happenstance hit in the heat of battle, while genuinely trying to avoid hitting you, then I don't generally give or expect an apology.  It happens.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2011, 06:27:59 pm »

you're right. if i'm being surrounded, i should freeze where i am to let you safely swing. if i then go down while holding a flag at 0:00 because i should not "jump under your weapon" by standing still and get ganked, well we'll lose but at least we did some sort of "teamplay".

besides irony, teamwork is exchanging targets with your mate, covering his flank and his back, hiding behind him if he have a huscarl and start raining pointy stuff. also you help the team by DANCING at flag while killing the attackers/defenders until reinforcements arrive. if i'm at flag alone waiting you to give me a hand defending/attacking, you're not supposed to come in, cut my shoulder and say "dance less".

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2011, 03:17:06 am »
There always must be an apology.

If someone does not apologize to me, I hit them and apologize for them.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.