Author Topic: what is the current policy about counter ladders.  (Read 506 times)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
what is the current policy about counter ladders.
« on: October 01, 2011, 03:46:21 pm »
Lately i see a lot of players use this to bug the ladders of the attackers, especially when there is no admin online.
It is still forbidden or tolerated now?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: what is the current policy about counter ladders.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 11:29:37 pm »
I dont think they're a big deal, as they only prevent very lazily poorly placed ladders.

However I think I did hear someone mention you can do this on a MAP ladder?  Now that needs to be looked into, as thats exploiting map mechanics.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Re: what is the current policy about counter ladders.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 10:57:35 am »
+1
I think it's a feature, not a bug.  On most maps the "castles" are about as impenetrable as thinly sliced swiss cheese, as there are ladders all along the walls, ladders from wall to building, building to building and building to flag, until there is a straight line from the attackers spawn to the flag.

The ability to lay "defensive ladders" puts at least a little bit of sanity back into siege.

In every case I can think of, all a defensive ladder really does is make it slightly harder for the enemy to ladder their way in.  e.g., a sloppy ladder that goes over a wall will get rejected, but a well placed ladder that leans against the wall, just below the opening, is impossible to stop with a counter-ladder.

If map ladders are being blocked then that's a problem, but I've not actually seen that.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde