Author Topic: Find a niche for the Longbow  (Read 3696 times)

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
Re: Find a niche for the Longbow
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 08:58:56 pm »
no.. balance others bows..

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 09:43:14 am »
Get more WPF.

Why do people always tell guys, who are archers for I don't know how many gens now, to get more wpf or powerdraw or whatever.
Do you all think we are too stupid to know how we have to play our class??

I'm lvl 32 with 7pd and 8wm, everything in archery so NO, I don't need any more wpf to be more accurate or whatever. The longbow has a delay which is fucking awful, point!

Ontopic: Personally, I think +2 damage and +2 drawspeed in addition to making the Long Bow as accurate as the Rus Bow would be a decent enough buff that the Long Bow wouldn't be completely worthless against the Rus Bow, as it is now. Either that or lower the Rus Bow's stats. But it's not like a dev is actually going to use this suggestion, so... why the fuck am I posting?

I don't get it, which one is more accurate in your view?
I think the accuracy is actually the same, only the time in which you can hold the drawn bow is shorter with the longbow.

reduce stats of rusbow? I'm fully with that^^

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 12:15:51 pm »
I wonder what actually determines how long you can hold a drawn bow? And is there a way to make this time longer for certain bows?
Just tested on a duel server - MW longbow vs stock warbow at 7 WM - both can hold an arrow for the same amount of time (something less than 0.3 seconds?), however the longbow suffers from this a lot more, since the delay makes it impossible to fire off an arrow whilst you have your max accuracy. A lot of longbows problems would be solved by allowing you to hold an arrow for a slightly longer time with it.

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 03:50:48 pm »
+1
I don't get it, which one is more accurate in your view?

Rus Bow is more accurate because it has less damage for the same accuracy stat. It's not a large difference in accuracy, but it matters past short range shooting.

Why do people always tell guys, who are archers for I don't know how many gens now, to get more WPF or powerdraw or whatever. Do you all think we are too stupid to know how we have to play our class??

Apparently, since I'm an 18/24 archer and can hold the reticle of the Long Bow and release at max accuracy perfectly fine. The only reason you're getting a non-max accuracy release is because you don't have enough WPF (usually from high PD, which reduces your effective WPF even more.) The 'delay' will always be present because of the speed stat of the Long Bow. If they don't modify the speed, you can only get rid of it with very high WPF.

I wonder what actually determines how long you can hold a drawn bow? And is there a way to make this time longer for certain bows?

Drawspeed (with WPF taken into account), and PD over requirement (but this essentially negates itself for higher tier bows because of WPF reduction). So, basically, more WPF, more speed stat.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 12:40:27 am »
This delay was already there before I reached my 7 pd :rolleyes:

Fasader told me that the time until the reticule starts growing is based on the stats of the bow and because the longbow has such high stats (I don't know which he means in general as we have a fucking slow speed and not that much more damage) it's reticule grows so fast. Which shouldn't happen with a bow that is soooo slow. If they don't want to increase the speed you should at least be able to hold the bow for 1 sec more :/

I tested the thiny with the reticule and my reticule grows faster with a mw longbow than with a nonloomed rusbow

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 03:32:35 am »
This delay was already there before I reached my 7 PD :rolleyes:

The 'delay' will always be present... ...you can only get rid of it with very high WPF.

:?

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 11:23:33 am »
Don't you get it?

I had 18/24 before having 21/24 and I already had that delay^^

And I don't think getting 9 wm would do any better ;)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 12:04:07 pm »
Well, you can't get a 18/27 build at lvl30 or 31, so that is irrelevant.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 08:28:50 pm »
Indeed.

And I don't think it would change anything about this dely :/

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 04:24:00 am »
Don't you get it?

Since you're going to be snide about it and misinterpret my post, I'll re-quote myself with emphasis and clarification:

The 'delay' will always be present... ...you can only get rid of it with very high WPF.

And by 'very high' I mean above 230, or so. So in other words, you can't get rid of it; not in the current state of cRPG. The fact that you had the delay before 7PD is perfectly normal and expected, so I don't know what point you were trying to make with that comment.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 04:46:13 am »
Just give it more missile speed.  That would be equally fair and badass.  Level 30 you'd be like an imperial age Longbowman in Age of Empires 2 (with the godlike bonuses in the conquerors expansion).  It doesn't need super sniper damage - that's not what its for.  It doesn't need pin point accuracy after holding for a whole second, thats not what its for either.  Just let it shoot really long distance projectiles.  Hahaha, maybe not quite Native archery, but halfway there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 09:55:11 am »
Gafferjack where is the sense in your post?

It should be possible to get rid of this delay without 230 wpf^^  Especially because only the longbow has it :/

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 07:57:51 pm »
Gafferjack where is the sense in your post?

It should be possible to get rid of this delay without 230 WPF^^  Especially because only the Long Bow has it :/

What is this I don't even

I never implied that the Long Bow should have the delay, or that you shouldn't be able to get rid of it.

You have managed to deduce an entirely separate, unrelated meaning from the majority of my posts. Either this is an elaborate troll, or you need to work on your reading comprehension.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 08:02:38 pm »
Actually I was talking about the longbow and it's delay and you were just saying "get more wpf".....sorry that I didn't consider your posts as trollposts in the first place, but it seems that's everything you wanted here :rolleyes:

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 08:23:31 pm »
Actually I was talking about the Long Bow and it's delay and you were just saying "get more WPF".....sorry that I didn't consider your posts as trollposts in the first place, but it seems that's everything you wanted here :rolleyes:

More WPF will let you release at max-accuracy, will let you hold your reticle longer, and will lessen the delay (but not completely remove it, because that's impossible with the Long Bow's current speed and the current WPF progression.) So, yeah, getting more WPF will help. I'm failing to see where the sense in my original post is lacking; is it because I didn't immediately explain that you can't completely remove the delay, currently? I apologize, then.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:14:03 pm by Gafferjack »