Author Topic: Tweak the 1h picks  (Read 2197 times)

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak the 1h picks
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 05:33:19 pm »
Don't want to hijack the tred, but this only shows the flaws of auto-imbalance, yet again.

I'm pointing this out since months, that our current autobalance is a total failure, how are matches where 30-40 men stay alive on the other side, while your team totally gets wiped out in seconds, fair?

Why isn't this noticed? Welp.

Because people prefer to say its fun and fair and balanced to have your clan to fight public battles and have matches end up 5-0

Or maybe they prefer to stay silent to avoid a neccessary change to the game

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 06:01:06 pm »
The only problem with the steel pick is the problem with pierce damage. Pierce is incredibly effective against EVERYTHING. Now, if the performance of damage types varied against different types of armor....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 06:12:45 pm »
Steel pick isn't OP at all, as has been said it's balanced by range. Agi spamming helps some with that, but then you lose damage. It'll still be easy to dodge your best attack, the left swing.

Scimitar isn't OP either, it has three attack directions and mediocre damage. The feints can be a bit harder to read than NCS etc but that's the only reason it's viable at all, given that it has no thrust and less damage than many weapons.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 06:17:22 pm »
I don't find fighting against picks any harder than fighting against any other weapon when I'm 2h/polearm. If they have a shield, then any feints they do are pretty easy to read.

The only problem with the steel pick is the problem with pierce damage. Pierce is incredibly effective against EVERYTHING.
Loomed armor and high IF are already way too effective. Ideally, everybody should die in 2-5 hits from any (non-joke) weapon, assuming the attacker has a decent build. Armor should not be able to make up for deficient blocking skills.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 06:18:55 pm by Vodner »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »
Steel pick isn't OP at all, as has been said it's balanced by range. Agi spamming helps some with that, but then you lose damage. It'll still be easy to dodge your best attack, the left swing.

Scimitar isn't OP either, it has three attack directions and mediocre damage. The feints can be a bit harder to read than NCS etc but that's the only reason it's viable at all, given that it has no thrust and less damage than many weapons.

Well, finally I get an elaborate response. Sounds fair to me. I'll just need to improve my kicking skills :)