Poll

Should spears of length 150 and under get wider thrusting angles?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [STATS] Allow spears of length 150 and under use old thrusting angles horseback  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Rumaahinen

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rumaahinen
Nowadays it is extremely rare sight to see horseman using shorter thrusting polearm than lances in horseback. One of the main reasons for this is the fact that all spears thrusting angles were reduced alongside with lances. While I believe lances deserved this reduction shorter spears didn't deserve this. Reducing those weapons thrusting angles made them almost useless as they cannot really outreach other weapons. In order to get more variety to weapons that cavalry use I suggest that spears of length 150 and under get back old thrusting angles.

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
Lances are designed specifically for combat from horseback. Shorter length polearms should be severely ineffective in comparison.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Rumaahinen

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Lances are designed specifically for combat from horseback. Shorter length polearms should be severely ineffective in comparison.

Even if the change is made lances will still be most powerful weapons in horseback. Actually, lance is just a spear. While it is not realistic to stab wider angles with long lances shorter spears should be able to do that.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
Agreed. The heavy lance saw a drastic speed reduction a few months ago that made many people look at using alternatives like the light lance and even war spear. When the speed was buffed again everyone is back using the heavy lance, almost without exception. Having extra versatility on other polearms would add some variety to the cav in this game.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Let the double sided lance have the old values back. It's the shortest of the couchable lances(but fastest).

All other lances keep current angles.

I'd say poles of 130 or less range should get the old angles. Those under 130 are often light/low damage poles.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Let the double sided lance have the old values back. It's the shortest of the couchable lances(but fastest).

All other lances keep current angles.

I'd say poles of 130 or less range should get the old angles. Those under 130 are often light/low damage poles.
But, but. My warspear!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
But, but. My warspear!

According to CMP, its all or nothing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Yeah you can't change the angle by weapon apparently. So all would have to be changed or not at all.

Offline Rumaahinen

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Yeah you can't change the angle by weapon apparently. So all would have to be changed or not at all.

As mighty evil cmp said so my hopes that there is some way to go around that are declining. It is really shame, I personally find it utterly stupid that one cannot stab infantrymen right next to him even with reach 130 spear.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
^this,  and it would mean the return of bump slash in open field no thanks.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
I know that. I also recall he said this wouldn't be fixable until WSE was implemented. Although I think that was also client side and not just server side.

But my post was mainly towards Anders post about only letting those beneath 130 length get back the old angle, since that would mean the warspear wouldn't get the old angle back. I want me warspears turn angle, rawr!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Rumaahinen

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
One solution could be to remove stab from all lances over length 150 (This suggestion will definitely spread rage). Couching should be buffed at the same time and lances should be made longer so couching would be viable in combat, not just in backstabbing. In that way there would be spears and extremely short lances that could thrust and long lances that could only couch.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
One solution could be to remove stab from all lances over length 150 (This suggestion will definitely spread rage). Couching should be buffed at the same time and lances should be made longer so couching would be viable in combat, not just in backstabbing. In that way there would be spears and extremely short lances that could thrust and long lances that could only couch.
We already have that. The great lance is the longest lance and it's couch only. Personally I would like that one to be a bit longer. (230, 15 less than the long spear and no bonus from stab) .

What we want to have it is for polearms to be in 3 different categories on horse:
1st: Short(ish) polearms (150>) that can stab in full angle but can't couch.
2nd: Medium length polearms (150-190, maybe 200) that can both stab and couch but in a reduced angle.
3rd: Long lances (200<) that are couch only.

This seems reasonable, doesn't it?

Offline Rumaahinen

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I agree. Perhaps it could be possible with different animations if separate weapons cannot have different angles.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
I agree. Perhaps it could be possible with different animations if separate weapons cannot have different angles.
That's... actually a very good suggestion! Nice man!