Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 50893 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #420 on: November 09, 2011, 03:35:04 pm »
AHAHAHAHAHAH

EA FAIL

Sorry, this deserved to be capsed.

Here's why:
I've been bothering EA support for a few days now, asking them to add Bad Company 2 veteran status on Battlelog. Problem was my BC2 was on my other EA account. Anyway every single one of them said they added the status but it still didn't show on Battlelog.
So I kept bothering them. I even got stupid replies like "restart PC" or "start game then it will show".

Anyway I check Battlelog again today and here's what I got (I should only have BC2 veteran):

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LMFAO

EA support = first class

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #421 on: November 09, 2011, 03:37:54 pm »
As Far as I´ve seen it, Textures are bit better on Ultra.

Oh and I believe you should upgrade your quad and get 2 gigs more ram to run it well on Ultra.The Graphics card is ok, 4gb ram COULD be ok, but I dont know for sure, I think 2,3 ghz quad is not quite enough for that.

I dont quite understand.I didnt suck dick for my Comouter if you mean that :D

Err, theres little point in getting a new processor his is really more than enough for BF3 (a E8400+4870(2008-2009 med-high) can run this on high easily), rather wait for Ivy bridge and then decide, the AMD's bulldozer will be crap, its best processor barely catching up with sandy bridges i5 2500k.
The GPU is fine and 4gb is more than enough, 3 will do to too. If I had 30ish FPS on ultra i'd take high instantly, Im just playing on ultra cause I can afford it, the differences are not that big (shadows,textures, explosions).

Also vibe im home so tell me when you'd like to do some choppah action.

Jet protip of the day: If you shake alot in the plane that means youre lagging, not a bad move from dice.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:42:12 pm by Mtemtko »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #422 on: November 09, 2011, 03:41:01 pm »
errm no?

If he gets a Phenom x4 965 now(About 110 or a few more bucks), he will be able to play it on Ultra, and all upcoming games for a few years.No need to throw out tons of Money for a Gaytel.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 09, 2011, 03:43:19 pm »
errm no?

If he gets a Phenom x4 965 now(About 110 or a few more bucks), he will be able to play it on Ultra, and all upcoming games for a few years.No need to throw out tons of Money for a Gaytel.

/Facepalm.

If he gets a phenom, he needs an AM3 board, that is instantly 50-150€ more, also that crappy phenom gets beaten by his i5 by a mile, atleast in gaming(.. sheesh at people that only look at GHz... seriously)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:44:48 pm by Mtemtko »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 09, 2011, 04:42:54 pm »
Dude....50euros for a board is okay.(Board and Processor together are cheaper than a comparable Intel)

And regarding the Power...You are talking shit.

I can play BF3 on High with good FPS and on Ultra with normal FPS, the only thing limiting is my graphics card(HD5770).Since he has a better one it OBVIOUSLY needs to be his processor which is limiting(Or his ram, since I have 6 gigs).So shut up if you cant think about the given facts.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 09, 2011, 04:54:56 pm »
Dude....50euros for a board is okay.(Board and Processor together are cheaper than a comparable Intel)

And regarding the Power...You are talking shit.

I can play BF3 on High with good FPS and on Ultra with normal FPS, the only thing limiting is my graphics card(HD5770).Since he has a better one it OBVIOUSLY needs to be his processor which is limiting(Or his ram, since I have 6 gigs).So shut up if you cant think about the given facts.

Sorry but apparently you don't know shit, I dont even know the architecture of his i5, but fact is i5(2009 one, 2.6ghz) is on par with the phenom II and obliterates it when overclocked.
You can't compare FPS with someone just with knowing GPU and the processor, nothing else, its OC related, resolution(!) related, drivers related (!!) I could go on on this...
Ram (You need 1.5gb for BF3(1920x1080ish resolution) and 1gb for W7 and background) doesnt have to do anything with fps(DDR3 2133mhz ram and DDR3 1333mhz ram, difference in fps? practically NONE, it would only limit fps if he wouldnt have had enough ram, 4gb is way more than enough), another smart statement right there.
Also, why the fuck would anyone upgrade a 2009 rig with 2009 components, seriously, atleast if youre an AMDfail fanboy suggest him to wait for bullshitdozer series.
You tell me intel is expensive like hell, then in the same post you tell him to upgrade his 2009 rig with 2009 components, wat.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:06:59 pm by Mtemtko »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2011, 05:06:19 pm »
Well yeah, but it can also be gaytel related.

And why should he wait?He can get a cheap one now and be fine.The others are just more expensive.

And Ram has to do with FPS, just try playing BF3 with 2 gigs of ram on a W7 comp smartass.

I was just advising the other processor in case he wanted more Power ONLY for BF3, if he wants to upgrade generally he should wait, I agree on that.

Oh and the Phenom x4 965 BE might be worse in power per megahertz, but it has MORE of them.I know Gigahertz are not everything, but you cant denie thhey have to do somethign with power so just suck it.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 09, 2011, 05:10:24 pm »
Well yeah, but it can also be gaytel related.

And why should he wait?He can get a cheap one now and be fine.The others are just more expensive.

And Ram has to do with FPS, just try playing BF3 with 2 gigs of ram on a W7 comp smartass.

I was just advising the other processor in case he wanted more Power ONLY for BF3, if he wants to upgrade generally he should wait, I agree on that.

Oh and the Phenom x4 965 BE might be worse in power per megahertz, but it has MORE of them.I know Gigahertz are not everything, but you cant denie thhey have to do somethign with power so just suck it.

Yes, I deny the fact raw GHz has something to do with power(or atleast, makes a big difference), barely makes a difference if overclocked, for example a 50% overclock on i5 2500k will give about 5-10% more performance. from 3.3 to 4.7...
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

You still dont make sense, why replace a CPU with an inferior CPU, if that i5 had same socket as the sandy bridge ones, i'd suggest upgrading too.. but now.. just a massive waste of money . Also Vibe has 4gb of ram, not 2.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:13:12 pm by Mtemtko »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #428 on: November 09, 2011, 05:13:41 pm »
I think you guys are overestimating my hardware.  :lol:

C2D (Crash to desktop) E4500, OC'd from 2,2 to 2,8 GHZ,
GT240
2GB RAM

All this in an old as shite Asus P5K mobo, running XP 32 bit.
 :lol:

Most of it is barely even mentioned in the bottom of minimum requirements, so yeah.  8-)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:15:04 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 09, 2011, 05:17:14 pm »
I was talking IF he had 2 gigs.You said that ram had nothing to do with fps in general.

Oh and I didnt find the i5 with 2,4ghz in that benchmark there, so I dont know.But regarding that Benchmarks can often fail in real games, it doesnt say much.

Also, as I said, I was ASSUMING from the FACTS he stated for us that his Processor was the limiting part in his Rig, so I advised a Change to a processor I KNEW wouldn´t be limiting for THAT game there.

So please lets end this fail discussion here because it won´t get anyone of us farther.

/edit: Christo, you cant play BF3 with Windows XP as far as I know...

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 09, 2011, 05:23:46 pm »
One less reason to even try struggling with it.

Win7 is a total mess for this computer, it eats half of my ram on idle.

:?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 09, 2011, 05:24:40 pm »
If your board can hold it, 2 gigs of DDR2 ram are like 20 bucks or so atm.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 09, 2011, 05:27:57 pm »
Crappy mobo can only use DDR2.

And my built-in soundcard is kinda messy, etc.

I just don't want to waste $ on this crapster, the GT240/New HDD was the last thing I planed to buy for this one.

Blah, enough QQ from me, thread got derailed from "HOLYSHIEET BF3 IS AWSUM LULZ" to "Christo's PC QQ thread."

:lol:

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 09, 2011, 06:21:50 pm »
I was talking IF he had 2 gigs.You said that ram had nothing to do with fps in general.

Oh and I didnt find the i5 with 2,4ghz in that benchmark there, so I dont know.But regarding that Benchmarks can often fail in real games, it doesnt say much.

Also, as I said, I was ASSUMING from the FACTS he stated for us that his Processor was the limiting part in his Rig, so I advised a Change to a processor I KNEW wouldn´t be limiting for THAT game there.

So please lets end this fail discussion here because it won´t get anyone of us farther.

/edit: Christo, you cant play BF3 with Windows XP as far as I know...

Regarding the ram,read my last post again, look at time of edit.

2009 i5 series (the first one) is his processor. There is little difference between a 2.4 ghz  and a 2.6ghz processor in the same series.

Change of the processor "due to limitation to the game" if we would be talking about 3+ years better piece here yeah, but since that phenom is about half a year older than that i5... eh..

Yup benchmarks are for raw power, and each game works better for one side, one for the other, for example: Dirt 2 favors nvidia GPUs, BF3(with current patch) favors amd processors etc.

And being told that I'm saying on bullshit on this subject by someone that wants to upgrade(overall backwards, or a 5% upgrade in something, while claiming that intel is overpriced crap..) a computer for better performance... lol, no im not going to step down.

Atleast suggest going bulldozer if your love for AMD is so limitless.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:30:41 pm by Mtemtko »

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #434 on: November 09, 2011, 07:26:32 pm »
christo, as long as your comp supports direct x 10 you should be fine
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.