Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 50803 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2011, 05:40:02 am »
I love it I've played 20 hours but stopped a couple of days ago because I simply got bored of the same map, and only reason to play was to unlock stuff I wont keep.

So just waiting for release and I hope the proper 64 player gameplay will have longlivity because I got bored of bad company after a little while.

this is my stats

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/jupsto/stats/259338511/

I got sick of trying to win solo, going to have to play with friends in a squad at release.

I mostly played sniper and flanking with shotgun - knife is useless :(

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2011, 07:15:04 am »
What I miss is a Commander feature, like in BF2.. but I guess I can live with that. Will be a great game either way.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2011, 01:24:01 am »
Finally got to play the bugger after having the 'Ready to Install' issue on Origin. Turned out all you have to do is add a registry string value to force it to recognise it's installed.

After spending the first hour disorientated and confused before finally getting back into the swing of my old battlefield game play style I have my list of pros and cons.

Pros:
  • Spawning off any conveniently placed squad member and being able to see their view. Handy little addition to the original SL spawns.
  • Destructible terrain. Something they promised for BF2 all those years ago but never delivered. It can be buggy at times (trees), but is pretty epic in the station in metro when people start firing off rpg's into the walls and seeing the place disintegrate.
  • Melee kills. Got my first the second round I played. Just followed a guy and as he tried to sneak up on a team mate I meleed him. Oooo so satisfying.
  • Style of gameplay seems to counter rambo style players. Pretty much have to stick with a group to get any where, unless you somehow manage to sneak round the back of the enemy and spawn camp them.
  • Supression effects ect actually make it more useful to just fire in an enemies general direction. Also in the close confines on the metro, it can make the experience pretty intense at times
  • WE HAVE THE HUMAN ABILITY TO JUMP LOW WALLS FINAAAALLLY
  • Some of the additional unlocks are rather useful, instead of just being the typical better weapons unlocks
  • Improved points and rewards system. Even if you are doing appallingly bad, it still makes you feel like your winning at something :D
  • Using the bipods on cover. Nifty little thing they added which tbh, is something that would have been useful many moons ago in BF games

Cons:
  • At least in this beta, the graphics honestly aren't overly better than BF2. But then it is still the beta I guess.
  • Things like the map, spawn point selection, hud ect leave a lot to be desired. They are rather messy and not very well done.
  • Suffers from the classic weak weapon syndrome that vanilla BF has always had. I'm sorry, but if I shoot a guy in the head with a sniper rifle, I expect it to be a 1 shot kill. Also if I empty 10 bullets into your body...likewise I expect you to die. Weapons just don't feel very lethal. But that is something BF has always suffered from, hence PR and FH mods which are 1 shot kill mods. Maybe I've just been spoilt by those.
  • Animations are awful as always. But I've gotten used to that with battlefield
  • Spawn locations in Rush. Most of them are simply retarded and you frequently find yourself spawning directly into the enemies line of fire if you spawn on the main spawns rather than squad members. Suppose it adds an importance to having a squad member in a decent spawn location though.

Looking forward to a proper battlefield map, rather than the close confines of Metro. Need that old style open epicness.

Edit: Noticed a lot of you guys said it has 'high damage'. Have they tweaked it to be low since then? Or have you guys never played PR or FH? BF3 atm is not high damage at all  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:28:56 am by Overdriven »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2011, 01:39:09 am »
I assume you mean UMP45 at the last sentence. Yes it is OP. Shouldn't really compare em but...COD MW2 had one of the most OP weapons there as well with UMP 45. The UMP 45 in BF3 feels slightly weaker than the one from MW2 but still tough and OP as hell.

And i haven't played Project Reality no :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2011, 01:45:44 am »
I assume you mean UMP45 at the last sentence. Yes it is OP. Shouldn't really compare em but...COD MW2 had one of the most OP weapons there as well with UMP 45. The UMP 45 in BF3 feels slightly weaker than the one from MW2 but still tough and OP as hell.

And i haven't played Project Reality no :P

No idea. Haven't really noticed which weapons are which. I'm a lot better at knowing ww2 weapons in games inside out than modern warfare guns  :)

Well BF3 damage is nothing in comparison with the more realistic damage mods you have in BF2. BF3 still seems the same old arcadey vanilla BF from a damage perspective. Ah well!

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2011, 04:58:42 am »
Maybe the carebears will cry again that "hardcore mode" is "too difficult and you die too quickly" when the full game is released, then hardcore mode gets nerfed to be less hardcore and more like normal mode just like it did in Bad Company 2.

Pussies shouldn't play Hardcore mode in the first place.

They are the same kind of whiney fucks that were the reason Team Fortress 2 has no grenades, when the original Team Fortress did. The testing cry babies who had never played the original game, complained grenades were "op" and they couldn't figure out how to use them well like the experienced fortress players did, so they cried hard and the grenades got super nerfed, i.e removed.

Cowardly whiners, the kind of person that as a child flipped the Monopoly board over because they were losing and whined the two purples or three greens were "op".

I

AM

MAD

SON

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2011, 07:47:21 am »
No idea. Haven't really noticed which weapons are which. I'm a lot better at knowing ww2 weapons in games inside out than modern warfare guns  :)

Well BF3 damage is nothing in comparison with the more realistic damage mods you have in BF2. BF3 still seems the same old arcadey vanilla BF from a damage perspective. Ah well!

I actually think that BF3 Hardcore mode will deliver what you (and I) seek. The overall current damage is a bit higher than let's say BC2's normal mode. I also might have previously said that the damage is high because of the movement instakill bug, which first seemed like it was just high damage.

And UMP is still fucking OP, no recoil, high damage.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:49:22 am by Vibe »

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2011, 11:42:54 am »
@overdriven
"Low dmg" you say? With an assault rifle/smg all you have to do is press the trigger for 2 seconds and it will die whatever it is, no need for short bursts...
"grapihcs similar to bf2 (slightly better)"
Wat.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2011, 12:00:06 pm »
Also whoever tries to do a barrel roll with the Helis will get his/her ass whooped by me.

U DONT DO THAT!!!1111! ONLY JETS!!!!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2011, 12:51:00 pm »
DOUBLE POST!!

CASPIAN BORDER WILL BE AVAILABLE AND OPEN FOR EVERYONE ON PC THIS WEEKEND!

Servers already up though lots of crashes, bugs and lag.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2011, 12:51:30 pm »
DOUBLE POST!!

CASPIAN BORDER WILL BE AVAILABLE AND OPEN FOR EVERYONE ON PC THIS WEEKEND!

Servers already up though lots of crashes, bugs and lag.

Troll?

Oh wait no, it's true, Caspian Servers seem to be up :OOOO

After analyzing the data from our first round of closed Caspian Border tests, we have great news for participants in the Battlefield 3 PC Open Beta: the DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta’s final weekend and conduct an open large scale test of the 64 player Caspian Border map.

*****Please keep in mind that as this is beta we will be stress testing our servers***** As such, users may experience crashes, network instability and outages as we roll out and configure servers and network utilities. Understand that such potential issues and the testing environment are not reflective or indicative of the final product and that, through your participation, you will be helping to ensure future stability and functionality.

As we are again specifically testing 64-player server configurations, this test will be for PC only. The Caspian Border servers will be available for all PC players to join. Caspian Border will be available starting Friday, October 7th, in the afternoon (CET).

Btw, two new maps revealed!

Grand Bazaar
Operation Firestorm

Apparently, some people got to test one of the more recent Battlefield 3 builds (NOT beta!), here are the articles:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1198929p1.html
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&id=29&game=15
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:42:35 pm by Vibe »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2011, 03:05:22 pm »
Kewl new maps. Though some people have made me worried. Saying the minimum graphic req will be higher come full retail version  :?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2011, 04:56:02 pm »
Man, Caspian Border is so fucking cool. Real battlefield material.
I simply LOVE the sound a tank makes when you shoot the big gun. Feels mighty powerful.

EDIT: Does anyone know if jets in Caspian even have rockets? Can't figure out how to fire them.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:22:52 pm by Vibe »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2011, 06:51:15 pm »
Yeah just tried Caspian. Getting some serious lag, so switched back to Metro and it's fine. Is there anywhere in game where the ping is displayed? I can't seem to see anywhere.

@overdriven
"Low dmg" you say? With an assault rifle/smg all you have to do is press the trigger for 2 seconds and it will die whatever it is, no need for short bursts...
"grapihcs similar to bf2 (slightly better)"
Wat.

Assault rifles do seem a little OP compared to some of the support classes/recon. I still maintain sniper rifles should be 1shot kill  :|

As for the graphics. They honestly aren't that amazing. The later mods in BF2 had some incredibly high quality textures and models. Compared to vanilla BF2, it is better, but compared to the stuff produced later it's really not very impressive. The biggest improvement is the shiny bits like destruction and explosions but the general models ect aren't as good as I thought they'd be.

The biggest improvement I can see is in sound quality. It does sound very good.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:52:30 pm by Overdriven »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2011, 07:22:17 pm »
Meh....keep getting crashes and lagging so goddamn bad on Caspian Border.

Might stay with Metro for now. And hope that they make atleast a small fix :P

Edit: Also before i even played beta and everything i thought Jets and Helis would be so fucking OP lol.

Now with AA always on their ass and then add Stinger/Igla missiles on their tails as well. Poor Poor Jets =( Also tried a jet today lol. But i couldn't fly it. I'm such a noob =/ I think i stick to tanks lol.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:23:36 pm by CountBerenger »