Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 50858 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2011, 10:38:29 am »
It's wonderful so far, got 2 hours or so played. Even with the CoD-ish Metro map the general feel is incredible. Due to high damage and suppresion fire (and a few other thingies) the game gets more of a tactical shooter approach, rathen then a rambo shoot-em-all-up one.

So far so good :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:39:38 am by Vibe »

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2011, 11:41:53 am »
Try Caspian Border. Just google for serverpasswords. They change every 3 hours or so,.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2011, 01:30:59 pm »
Yeah, I haven't bothered looking for the password yet.. I really should try that.
People on forums say that aircrafts are a bit underpowered atm (slow jets, weak missiles) and that anti-aircraft is too powerful.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2011, 03:09:29 pm »
Sadly that is how it was in every BF game that had planes, hopefully they change it, jets can't be too fast because maps do have limits, but AA has to be weakened because of this.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2011, 03:21:16 pm »
From what I heard is that jets in BF2 are quite OP with a decent pilot flying it... Either way, judging from videos planes in BF3 do look like they fly a bit too slow, they should really speed them up.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2011, 02:24:26 pm »
Getting some ridiculously annoying error messages and i'm getting to my limit of actually being able to fix anything.

It constantly tells me that the game needs to be re-downloaded and installed which I have done, it helped nothing. My drivers are completely up to date, i've trolled through the internet for hours now finding anything, i've tried using IE, i've updated Dx and all these small things that are "known to help".

Nothing I do will let me past this and every single thread I see regarding to this error message has been given the same drivel by the supposed "live chat people" who just have automated responses that help in no way at all.

If anyone has managed to get round this issue in no matter what weird and wacky way, I would appretiate you giving me info! :P

Cheers in advance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2011, 02:32:44 pm »
Getting some ridiculously annoying error messages and i'm getting to my limit of actually being able to fix anything.

It constantly tells me that the game needs to be re-downloaded and installed which I have done, it helped nothing. My drivers are completely up to date, i've trolled through the internet for hours now finding anything, i've tried using IE, i've updated Dx and all these small things that are "known to help".

Nothing I do will let me past this and every single thread I see regarding to this error message has been given the same drivel by the supposed "live chat people" who just have automated responses that help in no way at all.

If anyone has managed to get round this issue in no matter what weird and wacky way, I would appretiate you giving me info! :P

Cheers in advance.

Make sure you have the latest service pack installed (also download all important updates). You might also need to download IE9.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2011, 05:34:50 pm »
Make sure you have the latest service pack installed (also download all important updates). You might also need to download IE9.

They are! *cries*

I never update but for this I actually did, 92 important updates and still no luck! :(

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2011, 05:40:40 pm »
+1
gawd, I can't play the game propelly, where in most games you only hear the guns and people dying, in bf3 its just random screaming like in a real war, espically in a huge fire fights, playing on my friends with £100 headphones is hard, I can't concetrate with the ''GET ME OUT OF HERE AHHHHHH'' and shit, but I still love it!

f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2011, 05:53:35 pm »
Good graphics. Good immersion. I'm having fun being the only guy using the shotgun atm. Hell it sucks out in the open but I can fire darts like a native american or something. In close quarters, however, it's really good. When I spot enemies behind a door, I enter and bam bam bam - 3 kills.

Tenne : Try Firefox. The battlelog thing works on it, atleast for me.

I hope the planes will be similar to BF2 planes. In the hands of good pilots they were deadly weapons, but it probably was the gameplay with the steepest learning curve.

I like the suppression fire mechanics, the recoil (should be even higher though), the destruction (especially buildings), the unlockables and the lens light thing with snipers (unrealistic but makes the game cleaner).
I don't like the metro map. It lacks vehicules. I don't play cod for a reason (even though with the above mechanics, this is way better than say, black ops). I don't really like the classes. Instead of being limited to a role, everyone is a cookie-cutter.

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2011, 01:32:38 pm »
Can't have my shield and my MW lange messer, so it suck.  :D

Otherwise, it's quite funny, I think I will buy the game. (Even if wie only test the more borin mode... I mean, I play BF for  tank, plane, and base, not for a rush  :wink:)

The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2011, 11:25:56 pm »
its sunday, all the kiddies are at home, they unlocked their RPGs and SV98s oh the joy
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2011, 12:04:05 am »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:15:03 am by Mtemtko »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2011, 12:16:55 am »
Game tells me my drivers are outdated by .2 of a version ( ATI ) but the game still runs absolutely fine. I also cannot update my drivers manually because I have a gay ass conflict which I think is with my motherboard and Windows 7, tried 100 different workarounds and I just BSOD when I try to manually update.

So I have to let Windows 7 update it for me with the Windows update tool, but for some reason it doesn't exactly keep it up to date, even when I search for driver updates for it it doesn't find any newer ones lol.

Oh well, atleast it still works. Haven't played much still, don't like the map to be honest, plus I find flash lights on team mates annoying as hell because they keep looking at me and it fucks my characters vision up with the glare and brightness, sure it's an immersive feature, but it's going to be an easily abused one for griefers.

Is it also just me or did Bad Company 2 also have better sound fx, especially on war tapes. I put BF3 to war tapes too and it still sounds alot more tame than BC2 did. I guess maybe they just haven't added it all yet, being a beta.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2011, 02:06:52 am »
Game tells me my drivers are outdated by .2 of a version ( ATI ) but the game still runs absolutely fine. I also cannot update my drivers manually because I have a gay ass conflict which I think is with my motherboard and Windows 7, tried 100 different workarounds and I just BSOD when I try to manually update.

So I have to let Windows 7 update it for me with the Windows update tool, but for some reason it doesn't exactly keep it up to date, even when I search for driver updates for it it doesn't find any newer ones lol.

Oh well, atleast it still works. Haven't played much still, don't like the map to be honest, plus I find flash lights on team mates annoying as hell because they keep looking at me and it fucks my characters vision up with the glare and brightness, sure it's an immersive feature, but it's going to be an easily abused one for griefers.

Is it also just me or did Bad Company 2 also have better sound fx, especially on war tapes. I put BF3 to war tapes too and it still sounds alot more tame than BC2 did. I guess maybe they just haven't added it all yet, being a beta.

Just me noticing there's so many LLJKs goons here in BF3 Beta? Lol

Also join this Platoon please.  http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2826550451886467545/