Author Topic: Abusing the balance on EU2 at first round.  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Abusing the balance on EU2 at first round.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 06:44:02 am »
Sometimes.

No....just...no. It's always random. If it "works", it's because you happened to choose the option that autobalance wouldve chosen for you anyways, which isn't a big leap since it's one chance in two.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:04:22 am »
It's always a pleasure to see a post from polkafranzi for his everchanging nice pics.
määääääääääh!

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 11:18:19 am »
No....just...no. It's always random. If it "works", it's because you happened to choose the option that autobalance wouldve chosen for you anyways, which isn't a big leap since it's one chance in two.

It can't be always random if some guys manage to get on the same team every freakin time?!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1806
  • Infamy: 990
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 02:06:15 pm »
HRE vs Grey Order, which side to take?

HRE obviously :)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 02:11:33 pm »
HRE vs Grey Order, which side to take?

HRE obviously :)

Spot on, HRE have never cheated or hacked - win.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 06:59:09 pm »

Oberyn , i bolded that part because you can put yourself in that situation to "choose" the team , its easy to fool the balance

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 10:00:55 pm »
funnily enough, i started a topic about this for other admins to comment on and its clear that the rules say you cannot abuse the autobalance

joining a team, speccing bcos u got on the wrong one and rejoining again and again until you get on the one you want is not ok

obe - if you toss a coin enough times you will get the result you want eventually, but if you're only supposed to toss the coin once, then is that still ok?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:02:35 pm by RandomDude »

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 12:49:16 am »
funnily enough, i started a topic about this for other admins to comment on and its clear that the rules say you cannot abuse the autobalance

joining a team, speccing bcos u got on the wrong one and rejoining again and again until you get on the one you want is not ok

obe - if you toss a coin enough times you will get the result you want eventually, but if you're only supposed to toss the coin once, then is that still ok?

its not about coin tossing , just look the list of players... you can see by pressing tab fast to see the changes and eventually balance does it job to balance both teams and THIS is exactly the time to choose your side, you will go to that side most of the time

as an exemple : i don't want to join Team A because it sucks and Team B has all my friends, just wait til Team A gets filled ( It will )   and choose Team B a few times

You will be able to join Team B for sure , of course if your a late comer , you are fucked   , balance will get you usually 

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 01:10:05 am »
well in any case its happening right now on eu2, team B is stacked full of a certain clan and every round one or two get switched over and they mysteriously go spec until they reappear on team B again

EDIT : i'm talking every round btw, not just the first.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:11:40 am by Crob28 »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 02:22:57 am »
well in any case its happening right now on eu2, team B is stacked full of a certain clan and every round one or two get switched over and they mysteriously go spec until they reappear on team B again

EDIT : i'm talking every round btw, not just the first.

i think some players see it as ok but in my view its circumventing the autobalance

(if it's not, then tell me why that rule is up and what it actually covers)

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 07:52:59 pm »
Can anyone tell me if this is going to be fixed?

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 08:06:01 pm »
More strict banner balance would be nice so that we dont get split every now and then. It would solve the problem.
Also, any idea if the PIN system (or whatever it was) is going to be implemented so it won't be possible any longer to cheat banner system to get balanced with members of a clan? It's getting really annoying that certain clanless random players just keep switching banners to match one used by a clan, thus fucking up the banner balance.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:07:06 pm by Tot. »
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 08:06:24 pm »
We're still debating whether it should be allowed or not.

As i see it, when trying to join team B and being put in team A, waiting in spectator until more people join team A and retrying later isn't 'circumventing the autobalance' at all:
You actually wait for other people to join team A, making team A the stronger team, thus ensuring a good team balance.

AFAIK the game only allows you to join the weakest team. So you never 'abuse the balance'. What Oberyn said.

But i could be wrong. I'll try and get some clarity on this issue.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 08:18:35 pm »
We're still debating whether it should be allowed or not.

As i see it, when trying to join team B and being put in team A, waiting in spectator until more people join team A and retrying later isn't 'circumventing the autobalance' at all:
You actually wait for other people to join team A, making team A the stronger team, thus ensuring a good team balance.

AFAIK the game only allows you to join the weakest team. So you never 'abuse the balance'. What Oberyn said.

But i could be wrong. I'll try and get some clarity on this issue.

maybe someone can fraps it - i will video it if/next time it happens

its not a matter of them waiting in spec for 1 team to fill up, its join/rejoin/rejoin/rejoin in as short a time as it takes you to read "join/rejoin"

In saying that I can see what you're saying "How can you abuse a system that makes sure there's a 50/50 balance" but if you can do something that means you can get on to your mates team when you were supposed to be on the other team, that's the problem.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 08:40:00 pm »
Two weeks ago, late night we were like 10 people on EU_5 or EU_2 I don't remember.

3 the_Grey guys were rocking the server. I soon found out they managed to stay together all the time. So I changed my banner to the grey order one, joined and tried doing the same thing (go to spec then join again). It works really flawlessly. I had a nice x5 for an hour or two (ty btw, even though that was a STF char).

I don't blame anyone, as the main problem is the auto-balancer's inability to measure real effectiveness. I don't consider this forced clan-stacking through spec mode nor the usage of other clan's banners as abuse. Simply because both counter each other.

Read : if you really don't want people in the same clan to stack, use their banner.