Author Topic: revising upkeep and item price  (Read 914 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
revising upkeep and item price
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:04:33 am »
the coolest thing when i started playing,  that was "prepatch" and i went to generation 32 before ever retiring,  was to actually make that money to buy the next higher tear equipment,  especially armors...

was thinking,  could we lower the upkeep and make items waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive.  i know this sucks because of all the old players haveing an advantage.  maybe u could consider this if there should ever be a complet whipe...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
Re: revising upkeep and item price
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 01:49:59 am »
if there was a character wipe... about 75% of vetren players would say SCREW this game.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:06:34 am »
Well, if there was a complete wipe of gold and equipment, but we kept our generations / loom points, it wouldn't be all bad.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 02:22:52 am »
Well, if there was a complete wipe of gold and equipment, but we kept our generations / loom points, it wouldn't be all bad.
that but i meant if you lost everything.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 07:44:44 pm »
If I lost everything to a wipe, I'd be pissed as hell. And no, don't make equipment more expensive. Maybe nerf the repairs, or not make it random, or at least let us know the algorithm for what it is for equipment to break. Because, there are days when I put on my full set of equipment(Katana, Coat of Plates, Winged Great Helm, Plated Boots, Red Wispy Guantlets, Crossbow, and Steel Bolts) and there are some round where all this shit breaks, and them I'm out about 15000 gold. I can't afford that shit more than once a day, maybe not even twice a day. So I'm a level 31 strength build, running around in peasant gear.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 08:23:04 pm »
Ye wipe wouldn't be so bad if you kept your gens.

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 10:02:50 pm »
Well i have about 7 gens worth of looms but im only gen 2 since i deleted my main and started again then clanmates transfered my looms  back. Looms based on gen would screw people like me massively.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 11:31:05 pm »
I think the smartest thing to do would make upkeep more time based as well. The goal of upkeep is to keep people from wearing expensive armor all the time, right? Well, there's the obvious failure to achieve that objective. So what if you made it to where you could only use an item so many times per time period? Let's say every time your character dies, it loses a Black Armor because that's the armor your wear. Now let's say you gain a Black Armor every 30 minutes. Over a day you would gain 48 Black Armors and if you just used up every Black Armor you have each day, you would be able to die 48 times in Black Armor before you had to switch to something else. But in contrast, you would be able to get a cheaper armor like Tunic over Mail at a much faster rate so you wouldn't run out of it so quickly. This kind of thinking should be able to keep people out of plate all day long if implemented correctly.

Of course, if this was done individually for every piece of armor in your inventory, you could just buy all the heavy armor and still have enough to go in plate all day long. Therefore, for every item class, you should be able to show what percentage of your efforts you want to put in each item. So if for armor, you put 50% into Black Armor at say 30 minutes per item and 50% into Tunic over Mail at say 10 minutes per item, after 24 hours, you would have 24 Black Armors and 72 Tunics over Mail.

However, I wouldn't suggest removing all gold based upkeep as that would screw with the market by dropping the value of gold. Instead, I would say the rate at which you make items could increase of you invested more money into it. So where you would choose which items to add up to get 100% of your effort for armor, you could do so at say 100 gold per day. Or you could go up to 200% if you're willing to pay 10,000 gold per day. And maybe 300% if you're willing to pay 50,000 gold per day.

I feel like I'm missing something, but this all makes sense in my head. It would however require adding a few columns to a table or two, more forms to the equipment layout page, and some coding that maybe only I am awesome enough to do.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 09:38:28 am »
Negated by marketplace.

Tbh, I preferred prepatch. No upkeep, kill based gold/exp.

Perhaps, have a smaller multiplier for gold, and no upkeep?

E.g. Instead of x1, x2, x3 etc

X1
X1.1
X1.2
X1.3     
X1.4
X1.5         

Or less even. Idk. Then people would have to buy gear, and do it wisely, because at most, your looking at 75 gold per minute

Sitting on a x1.5, black armour would still take around 8 hours of solid x1.5 though.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:44:17 am by Black Wind »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 09:46:20 am »
I'm in favour of more expensive items and cheaper upkeep. Make people work for their higher tier items but let them actually bust them out more than once a week!

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 09:52:44 am »
I'm in favour of more expensive items and cheaper upkeep. Make people work for their higher tier items but let them actually bust them out more than once a week!

actually lower upkeep with higher base price would result in about the same upkeep as it is now
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 10:13:38 am »
actually lower upkeep with higher base price would result in about the same upkeep as it is now

I'm talking changing the percentage of $ cost/chance of it occuring. Not proportional. like for example, making upkeep 0.5% or something stupidly low and only increasing the costs of the items a little bit.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:15:32 am by Rogue_Eagle »

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 12:03:50 pm »
I'm talking changing the percentage of $ cost/chance of it occuring. Not proportional. like for example, making upkeep 0.5% or something stupidly low and only increasing the costs of the items a little bit.

How about upkeep keep is removed, so we all can play how we want? Instead of a few select abusers ;) lol

I miss being a blk plate polearm.

In order to play fairly with no upkeep i think:
1. Lower income with ticks
2. More expensive armour (50k for plate)
3. Can't sell things on the market, only trades (+3 for +3, +2 for +2 etc) may occur; to void people rushing to plate and such.
4. All gold, items are removed. No compensation, apart from heirloom points being reimbursed), so nobody has the upper hand.
5. Play c-RPG and enjoy it.

*puts on fireproof jacket* JUST AN IDEA. CHILL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 12:44:13 pm »
wellllll charcter wipe would kill the ENTIRE crpg population......just saying

and the FIRST change i would like to see is those abusers of the under 26 no upkeep system getting their loop hole removed and seeing what happens. other then that idk
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q