Author Topic: i am leaving (to devs)  (Read 3569 times)

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
i am leaving (to devs)
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:02:29 pm »
The mod is dying.

Development of this mod is going way too slow. Combine that with the fact that most of the devs are just plain idiots and you got a dying mod.

From patch to patch you keep "balancing" items, you take a 42cut damage sword and turn it to 43, woohoo go devs, you sure did make a nice job. It is just pointless. Keep the things like they are now. You could have kept them as they were in .200, .220, .230, .240, it doesnt matter, it would be same shit. Changing it constantly is pointless. No matter what you do, things are gonna be the same, your whole balancing progress is just a nerf after nerf, bringing down the fun. Cavalry will always be over powered, archers will always be annoying, ALWAYS. And how about xbows, only item that was always been truly overpowered without any logic in it, avoids nerfeing for ages. Dev like xbow, dev no nerf it huur duur.

You are just developing too slow, it took you 6 months just to reboot old strategus?! All hopes for saviour of this mod lay in 1.grinding mentality of players(for which you dont have to do anything, you just have to watch and do nothing, and from what i see your doing a good job. 2. strategus, and what is strategus, its everything but a interesting and fun persistent campaign. It should have been cool inovative and fun when you put it on paper, but when you do it, it doesnt even get near that. Its just a plain map with tons of clans hybernating for some time, and when everyone has accumulated some troops they capture ai villages, towns and castle and then its done. You are looking at the map with differently coloured squares. Wheres the fun in strategus? Being a big clan and grinding more troops then all other small clans would do together and knowing noone can beat you? is that fun? or being a small clan and not having chances against any bigger clan? o boy that sure is fun. Only good part of strategus are actuall battles, we remember them as a place where you could do some serious teamwork and have fun.

Strategus is idea that cant be done properly, at least not for a free mod of a not so famous game. It just doesnt work. As long as you have grinding, you will have players, but we all know its just sad.

Best thing for Warband communty would be destruction of crpg. And forcing grinders to play other, way better mods then this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: i am leaving (to devs)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:03:28 pm »
chadz killed the mod again
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 07:05:08 pm »
Strange...

Numbers seem to be high, compared to when I first started... Still lotsa players.

I keep seeing old faces drift away, but that is normal for not many people stick with something forever, and I keep seeing young faces break into glory and become regulars...

I think you are just personally nearing your "I'm done with this mod" as most people will eventually, whether it takes months or years, almost everyone hits that.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:15:12 pm »
I'm flattered. You're of course referring to my absence, yes that would indeed seem like the death of any game/mod... When such a great player like me leaves or is unable to play it can become stale and hopeless. Fully understandable.

However, do not relent! I will be back! Heed my words, the returning of mine will be compared to Lord Jesus Christ's himself.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 07:17:14 pm »
I'm not sure what this is about... I mean I was expecting some kind of "do this or that (and buff me) so the mod stays alive!" like all the other ranters. How about we let everyone decide for themselves if the At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.. It's not for me, it's not for others, if it's for you, that's sad, but you are in the minority. Good luck in finding a multimillion dollar corporation suiting your needs better.

In other words: the At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. when all of the 6000 (edit: 7025, i had to check so I don't release false info :P), active players per week stop playing. Until then, it's alive for those, as well as me, and the other devs.

Duh.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:22:16 pm by chadz »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 07:28:33 pm »
7000? I remember some time ago, on another thread about this topic, the number was 3000. c-rpg is steadily growing!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:33:07 pm by nuffen »

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 07:30:26 pm »
it's around 3000 to 3500 per day. Not everyone plays every day. 7000 is per week.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 07:31:07 pm »
bah wasnt too long ago is was only around 700

there used to only be 30 NA players on at any given time
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 07:31:56 pm »
This mod and Warband in general is only going to truly die once the new gen games of the same type come out, War of the Roses and that other one who's name I always forget.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 07:33:06 pm »
Due to the unique nature of the gameplay (no, war of the roses is not the same) I think it will always live on like the TW series does.

www.twcenter.net is a perfect example of how old games can still be Juggernauts. The mod forum sub-sections alone are huge.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2431
  • Infamy: 1926
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 07:33:28 pm »
Actually, I don't recall they made so many changes in such a short time since I'm playing this mod (early november/late october 2010.)

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 07:33:32 pm »
chivalry medieval warfare
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 07:33:47 pm »
bah wasnt too long ago is was only around 700

there used to only be 30 NA players on at any given time

That was a much better time.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 07:39:10 pm »
Bring back the old xp/gold system! Bring back OP armour! Bring back old cRPG!!!!
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 07:42:51 pm »
So bring back the crap that made the mod start to die, and take away the stuff that allowed it to grow?

I say throw out the old players that want the dying mod back, and bring in more new players that want the new growing mod.

I don't want to see barmaces on horseback again, nor laser sighted ballistic missile archers, nor that throwing spam from hell ever again.