Author Topic: Once in a Blue Moon and Various Nostalgia  (Read 13139 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: Once in a Blue Moon and Various Nostalgia
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2011, 10:40:09 pm »
Bjord, I remember you always being around back when I started last august. And you always trolled and insulted me or ninjas(Was known as Keyoke or Ninja_Keyoke back then, when I retired I switched to Khorin), and I always tried to stay polite, but you made it hard sometimes.
Anyway, we settled our score a while back and I love you, buddy. Wouldn't have been cRPG without you.  :wink:

So many good memories from back then.. But I make new memories all the time.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2011, 11:32:34 pm »

Oh my god, HOW could I forget about you? I hated you for so long because of that Strategus battle where the opposite side forgot to equip their troops, some Chinese faction if I remember correctly. I would intentionally grief you by standing behind as you killed people spawning with overheads and then try to kick/banpoll you. What a fucking asshat I was. :lol:

In any case, you were always one of my favourite targets in the olden days, mainly because I hated your guts. :mrgreen:

yeah i remember i always had to watch if u were on the opposite team cos i knew u were gonna go for me at some point

i hated u for a long time too ^^

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2011, 12:10:19 am »
Nice post Bjord, but man, how could you forget Muhammed? The stylish Muslim player, welcoming every1 by saying salam aleikum! Also, any1 knows if Fedor is still playing?
Btw, I've seen the old Jesus playing recently a couple of times. He still kicks ass really hard.
Also, you forgot to mention the ultimate early crpg champion: duckmoomoo.. or something like that.

P.S. I was the second player that bought horse in cRPG. Guess who was the first? You didn't mention him as well.

Of course I remember them. And Eirikur was Muhammed, leader of Shieldings. And I was pretty much on par with duckduckmoo, dueled him a lot in Native as well! However, the first horseman seems to have slipped my mind.

I think that move would make many veterans leave the mod.

It's been roughly a year now and I can feel how cRPG is becoming much like Native when I stopped playing it. Repetitive, boring, rage-inducing. More importantly, the mindset and the behavior of players changed. Before, the game had that lighthearted feeling. I never realised how important that was until we lost it with the january patch. People weren't hating each other. Most of the time, it was just petty rivalry. Now everybody is forced to win. The mindset evolved into what I can now call crap. What was meant to reduce the grind only did one thing : make it invasive, make it the backbone of the whole mod, governing everything the player does. Instead of three peasants hiding behind a house, now you have roofcamping, FOTM builds, balance lobbyism, delaying, glitching, hacking... Now people do everything they can to win, even playing chars they don't like. Because winning = earning gold and xp. And you need gold because otherwise you can't upkeep your equipment. If there was no need to win, the game would be much more enjoyable for everyone. If winning is the only way to have fun, most people will only have fun during half their playtime.

You can't really force people into not grinding if you allow char progress. Giving oneself goals is a natural way of enjoying something. Linking the grind to a behavior will lead to an increase in that behavior. In this case this is winning. At start everybody thought it was good because people would play in teams etc. But we didn't expected how it would completly change the way individuals play. Now I can say that it created many problems for only a slight increase in teamwork.

Things are finally going back to normal for me as I start looping between various games again, instead of playing cRPG nearly exclusively.

PS : I remember like 95% of your list. And I'm forced to note that many, many vets don't play anymore.

Agreed with every word, it's as if it were my own. Also, forgot to add you too. One of my favourite Frenchmen!

Bjord, I remember you always being around back when I started last august. And you always trolled and insulted me or ninjas(Was known as Keyoke or Ninja_Keyoke back then, when I retired I switched to Khorin), and I always tried to stay polite, but you made it hard sometimes.
Anyway, we settled our score a while back and I love you, buddy. Wouldn't have been cRPG without you.  :wink:

So many good memories from back then.. But I make new memories all the time.

Yeah, that was hilarious. I gave that poor kid Torp a hard time too for being in Ninjas. My behaviour was sort of like a natural disaster, people accepted the ruthless nature of it with a pinch of salt(Swedish saying).

Anyhow, lately I've developed a more healthy respect for you guys. And especially you, Khorin. :wink:
Thanks for the heartwarming words. Also yes..! Keyoke was your name then, will fix that in the list.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2011, 12:12:46 am »
+1
crymoar
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2011, 12:25:49 am »
crymoar

You were always the irrational voice, Mte. :P

Anyway, you were one bad ass archer. Oh and speaking of archers, how did I forget about Mustikki? And there's one more memorable archer I can't seem to remember the name of. He also played as polearmer, his name started with S-something... Spammed like crazy, pissing everyone of.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2011, 12:34:14 am »
Replica was also a good archer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2011, 12:36:50 am »
Replica was also a good archer.

Never saw him, I think. Must've been during June then, I didn't play cRPG then. But of course, I know about him.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2180
  • Infamy: 2877
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2011, 01:11:00 am »

You were always the irrational voice, Mte. :P

Anyway, you were one bad ass archer. Oh and speaking of archers, how did I forget about Mustikki? And there's one more memorable archer I can't seem to remember the name of. He also played as polearmer, his name started with S-something... Spammed like crazy, pissing everyone of.

Well I didn't play that early in development but I remember one especially deadly horse archer. Can't remember his name but I know he always wore Surcoat over mail and had a longsword as sidearm, riding Cata horse. I think he was best horse archer at that time. Do you remember him by any chance?

Offline Captain_Georges

• Count
  • Renown: 238
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • 0==[]:::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vangaboys
  • Game nicks: Captain_Georges
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2011, 03:41:01 am »
cRPG needs guns

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2011, 03:50:59 am »
That game rocks. :oops:

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2011, 03:56:50 am »
Ninja edit:
Shit... you wrote your own name. You really want to be a part of this community don't ya.

Try harder.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:58:10 am by Aemaelius »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2011, 04:06:48 am »
i play this game from the frst day of crpg dont get mentioned but i dont care jsut wanted to add u missed a lot of people.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2011, 04:59:45 am »
Yeah, that was hilarious. I gave that poor kid Torp a hard time too for being in Ninjas. My behaviour was sort of like a natural disaster, people accepted the ruthless nature of it with a pinch of salt(Swedish saying).

I do remember that :) i didnt really like you back then :D

i remember writing with khorin on steam, mentioning that the 2 players i hated the most in cRPG were Bjord and Pippi_Longstocking... then he told me that they were the same :D

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2011, 06:04:07 am »
Big men cry too bruva!

much love.
Turtles

Offline TomMyyY

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_TomMyyY
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2011, 07:24:40 am »
Wasn't this BC_Shrek guy or something the first one to ever get the black armour? I thought that was quite memorable as well.

And yea the game was a lot of fun back then, even though archery was insane. The feeling you got when finally being able to afford the armour/horse/weapon you wanted for so long was just great. But obviously something had to be done after nearly everyone was walking around in full plate 24/7.