Poll

Buff the long dagger?

Yes.
76 (62.8%)
No.
45 (37.2%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: October 14, 2011, 02:24:08 am

Author Topic: [STATS] Long Dagger. Dmg Increase from 25 p and 23 c to 28 p 26 c  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
Re: [STATS] Long Dagger. Dmg Increase from 25 p and 23 c to 28 p 26 c
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 10:28:04 am »
Vote yes so this will get looked at by devs. They say they will look at the item and have a vote with their 5 man if enough vote and it is above 50. THIS GAME NEEDS A ROGUE DAGGER. also they never said it would be the buff I suggested just that they will look it over.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 06:02:22 pm »
All daggers should be 2h weapons (no shield), 1-directional with a special backstab animation.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 12:26:57 am »
i said somwhere else, but i realy think it would be cool if it would be added

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

should be held so that edge goes out opposite way than other weps (as if it had -length)

10,000 gold
40 pierce
0 length (fist range)
only overhead
no block

and yes, i know thread isnt about daggers
maybe not 40 p  :oops:

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 11:13:44 am »
Cmon I want 9 more votes. I want 100 voters to have weighed in. get your friends to vote lets get 100!

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 03:21:54 am »
JUST 4 MORE!

Offline RiPLeY_II

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SHoDaN_THe_SHieLDBReaKeR, RiPLeY_THe_TaLeNTeD
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 11:52:43 am »
I say yes ... but also raise the price a lot.

Or make another "higher version" of the long dagger and leave this one as it is.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 11:17:29 pm »
Yay Finnally 100 plus votes ^.^

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 08:21:36 pm »
Pretty solid yes on the change.  Has this been changed for the next patch??
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 02:53:26 am »
Hi!  I've made an alt just for Long Dagger experiments.  :)  Going to have 10 WM and 10 athletics, 3 PS.

I got a few pretty good kills last night, and there's probably no better weapon in the game for practicing chamberblocking.

I'm not sure if a stat boost is really what the weapon needs in order to come into its own - especially when it comes to the cutting damage.  The long dagger's not about being a shredding machine, there are other knives for that.  In fact, I think it might be great to get rid of side attacks with the long dagger altogether, so that you can only overhead and thrust - like some polearms.

Even with only 3 PS, what was the most annoying thing playing (up to level 15 now I think) was how often, in a frantic, nose-to-nose melee, because I was using my mouse to keep turned in the right direction with my opponent, I couldn't thrust very often, and I ended up with lots of ineffectual side-swings instead.  Maybe I just suck, or maybe that's a problem you've had too?  Just a thought.

Maybe it's my fault for not using movement-to-attack, instead of mouse-to-attack, but...just can't make that transition at this point.  Been playing too long.  :P

Bye!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:23:23 am by dontgothere »

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 03:35:45 am »
The left and right swings are useful for chambering with the long dagger, so I can't see getting rid of those to be honest.  As a matter of fact, I don't think the speed or even really cut on this needs to be changed, just give it a good boost in the stab department and it'll be plenty useable.
boop

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 03:56:11 am »
I was assuming it would lose its edge on chambering in exchange for an edge in up-close damage.  Speaking as someone who's playing a pure Long Dagger character, that would make more of a difference to how effective I can be with the weapon.  Maybe I'm just not good enough at chambering, but even when I do, my strike rarely counts for anything in terms of damage.  For me it would be better to just run in, stab a few times, then run right back out.  The overhead would be there in case I get stuck in a melee and need to switch things up.

In any case, another problem is that it seems like, if I'm right up against someone, my thrusts and swings don't go through?  It's like hitting a wall, it just bounces straight off.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:59:52 am by dontgothere »

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 10:59:56 pm »
Unless there's some unbalancing reason why this is horrible, after playing with the long dagger quite a bit, I think the best possible change for it would be to take away its swings (left right and overhead) leaving only the thrust, like a pike or long spear, but give it the ability to block.

The swings are useless against anything but archers and they're an even shorter range than the thrust, yet because of hit detection if you're right up against someone you rarely make a complete attack; instead you bounce, you're delayed, and it's all over.  As far as I can tell, the chambers aren't going to count for anything, since they don't slow down your opponent's next swing and they won't hit him, or even do appreciable damage if they do connect. The main problem with any other kind of change being used to make the long dagger viable, is the fact that the hit detection is so bad at the close-ranges you MUST fight at with this weapon.

The only way to do very well with a weapon this short, with no blocking, if you're going to melee instead of play pure support, would be to either get a shield, tons of PS and facehug despite the collision detection, or become a glancing and feinting maniac of epic skills.

I'll just keep playing support though.  :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:11:40 pm by dontgothere »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 12:04:00 am »
If you take away the swing, LD will be USELESS.Why?Because the enemy will know he needs to do nothing but downblock this tiny weener.Downblock, backpedal, slash, downblock, backpedal, slash.Almost impossible to kill anyone good with the dagger then.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 12:29:40 am »
Same could be said about spears, but they do all right with footwork.  Dagger would be faster than spears but require better footwork because of length.  Seems like a good, balanced trade-off, especially when you consider that the swings are already pretty useless and being able to block would be much better than being just slightly faster with attempted chambers.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:34:49 am by dontgothere »

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 12:39:46 am »
I like to imagine I should be stabbing on the left rights and overheads as well and that it is absurd I am slashing. Any ways I play my dagger weilder with 9 powerstrike and 5 athletics and I find hitting with a left or right is still barely wounding people in 12 or so lbs of armor I just feel like a small stat increase across the board except for speed is in order. and a goofy 3 powerstrike dagger wielder is just not a threat to anyone paying attention as you could easily be brought down by a single stray arrow of almost anytype and your stabs even to the faces would rarely every do any meaningful damage. I have played a pure dagger character more than any one I know I have a fully heirloomed dagger and I have spent entire generations perfecting my daggery craft.