Author Topic: Confirmation box for submitting marketplace offers, as well as other ideas  (Read 1005 times)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
So today I bought a Masterwork German Greatsword for 75k. After talking to the owner of it and seeing how he messed up (he forgot to put he wanted a +3 Danish with 75k, thus listing the sword for 75k), and giving it back to him, I devised something that could help prevent this, and help people from screwing themselves over with their own mistake.

(click to show/hide)

It is just a concept thing I made very poorly in MS paint, but you should be able to get the idea of where I am going with this idea. This will replace the "Are you sure you want to put this item on the market" box before submitting, to a more detailed overview of what you are actually asking for.

Here are some of the things I think a box like this should include, and what I am trying to suggest in more detail.

• It shows you the item you are offering, as well as the heirloom level next to it, just to ensure the user that they are putting up the item they truly intended to list on the marketplace.
  • It shows them what item that are requesting, as well as the heirloom level so they know they clicked on the correct modifier for the heirloom level they want (can be left blank if they are only asking for gold), and also show the sum of gold they are asking for (can also be blank if it is a straight item to item trade)
  • It has a confirmation box on the bottom, that they must check in order to be able to press the ok button before submitting it on the market. This ensures that they do not accidentally click ok for any reason, when left unchecked the only button they will be able to press is cancel

_________________________________________________________________________________

Another idea I have had is for offers on the market place to expire.

Some of that stuff has been up there for ages, as well as items that the owner may possibly not posses anymore (still a problem if you want to trade your item, then trade that item for another item only to find out that the second trade you are about to do is no longer valid, thus leaving you stuck with an item you never originally wanted in the first place).

I can leave it up to the dev team to decide what time limit would be appropriate. For example if nobody accepts your offer within 5 days, it will be pruned by the system, you can always just resubmit the offer if you still want to go for it.

Another benefit of this is for people with older computers. The marketplace lags older machines horribly, and can even crash browsers sometimes. As someone who has just recently upgraded to a new machine, and has experienced browser crashing from the marketplace locking it up, something like this would be a godsend to some people so the market is not overloaded with garbage trades that just clutter the place up.

_________________________________________________________________________________

One last feature I would like to see on the marketplace, and maybe even have its own section (or optionally a check box to hide/show it like with the non heirloomed items), would be a place to submit either more than one item, or an item you own + gold, or even just gold offers for an item you want, so if someone wants to sell something and not wait for someone to come along and buy it, they can find a buyer to sell it too quicker than before. Although I personally think that the person who submitted the request for the item would have to also accept the offer one last time at the end just in case he/she had some second thoughts on the matter, or just simply does not need/want the item anymore (seller sees a buyer, clicks accept, buyer gets something in their inbox saying someone wants to sell them the item/items, and they confirm it one last time, the seller should also be able to retract their offer if they change their minds.

I know this would probably take a bit of work to get this all done, and I know it may take some time. I think the first thing I suggested is the most important though, the others can wait. I also encourage users to post ideas they have, or even improvements to my ideas. I think the marketplace is open to many holes and they need to be fixed asap (such as the heirlooming an item and it stays on the market at the new loom level, it should be automatically removed when doing so).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:33:28 pm by POOPHAMMER »
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
Re: Confirmation box for submitting marketplace offers, as well as other ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:30:12 pm »
Agreed.  I'd really like to see the 5 day limit enforced on trades.  It would cut the load times on the marketplace by alot.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 11:38:16 pm »
Agreed.  I'd really like to see the 5 day limit enforced on trades.  It would cut the load times on the marketplace by alot.

5 days is not enough.

A fee for creating a marketplace offer would work better. Discouraging very low profit, high intensity trading (e.g. buying at X price then selling at X + 5k, very frequently) that slow the thing down (heirlooms take more time to go from the real seller to the real buyer if there are many people doing this). It would also create an additional gold sink, that would hurt rich players more than poor ones. Ofc the fee should increase with the exchanged value. Like, 5% of the gold + 15k per heirloom point involved in the trade.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:43:54 pm »
5 days is not enough.

A fee for creating a marketplace offer would work better. Discouraging very low profit, high intensity trading (e.g. buying at X price then selling at X + 5k, very frequently) that slow the thing down (heirlooms take more time to go from the real seller to the real buyer if there are many people doing this). It would also create an additional gold sink, that would hurt rich players more than poor ones. Ofc the fee should increase with the exchanged value. Like, 5% of the gold + 15k per heirloom point involved in the trade.

I have to disagree on this one. An auto pruning system would work fine.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:43 pm »
Ehh someone told me (punisher methinks, not sure) that devs just cba to do anything related to market, another "just deal with it" move from them  :?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1941
  • Infamy: 1155
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:07:33 am »
You're the good man, POOPHAMMER :)

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 02:55:47 am »
+3
Always wanted to improve the marketplace a bit since it was implemented. I'll put it on my todo list right after strategus v2.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 03:18:52 am »
+1
Always wanted to improve the marketplace a bit since it was implemented. I'll put it on my todo list right after strategus v2.

I look forward to seeing these changes in the next 5 years, thanks for the response!