Author Topic: Changes to repairs  (Read 827 times)

Offline CarolusX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Changes to repairs
« on: September 22, 2011, 06:25:12 pm »
Hi,
As a new player in c-rpg.net I've been trying to understand how repairs works in game.

What I've been told in game is that there's a 5% chance that a piece of equipment gets damaged, and that the chance get bigger the longer you play.
(For myself it's more like 95% chance to get a repair, lost almost 30k in one days gaming)

IMHO there's something dead wrong when the game gets peoples playing naked just to avoid repairs and to get some gold. (It's more like leeching).

So I've got 3 suggestions to change the repair, each of em is a single suggestion:

1) The winning team in battle/Siege etc. doesn't receive repair costs. The losing team does.

2) The repair chance is based on if your dead or not. (In Battle, In siege it may be based on how many times you have died)

3) The repair chance is based on how much hit you have taken during a battle. (You're damage values on you and your horse)

It's just something really wrong when the following happened to me: Played in Battle, killed 3 opponents while I was riding. Didn't receive any hits at all. Earned like 200 gold and repairs was almost 3K!!!

Anyone suporting any of these suggestions or have others??

Br
CarolusX

Offline Lysander

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
  • Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JOKER
  • Game nicks: JOKER_Lysander; CotgS_lysander; Lys;
Re: Changes to repairs
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:15:40 pm »
Hey,
Every minute each item slot (meaning if it takes 2 or 3 items, it gets rolled multiple times) has a 4% chance to break, costing 5% of the total item price. Note that this is per minute, and not per round. The longer the round, the more likely it is to break.
Thats what I read some time ago in an other thread.
Greetings,
Lysander
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:17:49 pm »
From the way I understand it, repairs work like this:

There is a 4% chance that each of your items break every single time there is a tick of experience. As far as I know, this still counts when you're dead, so if people are delaying, you've got a higher chance of having broken equipment, but you will also gain more money.

You'll have good days and bad days because of the fact that sometimes you won't always get onto the winning team, you'll get stuck on x1 for an hour or so and thus, with heavier equipment, you will lose a lot of money, but there will also be times where you get x5 for a long stint, although these two things are rare, the average multi that you get is roughly 2.2/2.4 so you'll be gaining between 100 and 150 gold each round.

There are several guides that explain repairs in more details if you check the beginners guide section and you'll also find that there's a lot of different ways to make money on the market if you really really want run around in full plate for a month! :P

Also:
The repair costs run at 7% from my understanding, Longbow costs 11,100 and costs 777 to repair. 11100 * 0.07 = 777

Hope this helps slightly.

EDIT: I don't think the system needs changing away from the repair costs sizes that we have right now but I do believe that it needs changing based on another factor, such as the "all thine hard work has payed off" thing so that it decreases the repair chance, very small maybe just 0.1% each time to a maximum of 1 or something similar, but that would also mean increasing the levels that you're allowed to gain this, but each time over level 31 you won't increase your crafting skill for strategus or something like that. I'm not very good at this :P
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:22:07 pm by Tennenoth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline CarolusX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:08 pm »
Thx for the reply!

But still....

There's alot of peoples running around naked just to "save" money and they tend to stay behind and just avoid confrontation, some just armed with stones......

That is was repair is giving to the game.

Im not opposing repairs, and do not say that it should be removed, but it should reflect how you and your team played IMHO.

Br
CarolusX

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:56:46 pm »
Thx for the reply!

But still....

There's alot of peoples running around naked just to "save" money and they tend to stay behind and just avoid confrontation, some just armed with stones......

That is was repair is giving to the game.

That's peasants.  :rolleyes:
When i want to make money, i take the 2 handed war axe and go in pilgrim diguise.
Naked with stones is for peasants, or for leechers.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 10:50:23 pm »
no

i wear 72k worth of gear on my main and still make a profit of at least 4k a day
if upkeep gets any lower ill get a plated charger
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 10:54:50 pm »
no

i wear 72k worth of gear on my main and still make a profit of at least 4k a day
if upkeep gets any lower ill get a plated charger

Don't count looms. I see what you wear and it is not that expense, though certainly is up there with your perma plate. Should be closer to 55-60K.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 11:15:37 pm »
recalced the costs for mrshovelface

its a little more than 60.2k
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:21:14 pm by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 12:17:14 am »
his ideas mirror some of my ideas.

I'd also like to add, let multiplier go past 5x.

So what if some guy with 72k can make a profit of 4k a day, a lot of people can't. And it's not about skill, but STUPID chance. It's illogical that a weapon would get damaged even if it wasn't used for a whole round.

Also maybe remove horse upkeep if the horse lives, that'd be a nice change.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 01:53:49 am »
his ideas mirror some of my ideas.

I'd also like to add, let multiplier go past 5x.

So what if some guy with 72k can make a profit of 4k a day, a lot of people can't. And it's not about skill, but STUPID chance. It's illogical that a weapon would get damaged even if it wasn't used for a whole round.

Also maybe remove horse upkeep if the horse lives, that'd be a nice change.

if you add higher then x5 then expect a lot of banner stacking when clans are on servers. I have already seen it many times playing. A few players leave and rejoin to the clan that is on to stack with the clan. I don't think this would be a good idea in my opinion.