Author Topic: Support weapon with 2h agility..?  (Read 710 times)

Offline pratolli

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Support weapon with 2h agility..?
« on: September 21, 2011, 09:46:45 pm »
Greetings guys, I realised that I must buy something to counter Ranged guys and Horsemen, but I don't know what.

I thought about buying the Crossbow, since from it needs takes up only one slot and it doesn't require any particular skill to use it.
But I'm not that sure that it is a good purchase, since from I can buy any good throwable weapon (like shurikens) or a Lance.

Ah, yes, I'm an agility-based 2h weapons user (ninja?) and I don't want to be too slow.
I currently use the Katana.

Offline Player_01

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Balls deep!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Former Union Knight (FUK)
  • Game nicks: Emperor_Loki, FUK_Loki_STF, Roseash
  • IRC nick: Player_01
Re: Support weapon with 2h agility..?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:22:11 pm »
I have a joke ninja character and this is what i've found from personal experience.

Snowflakes are a really good short to mid range support, of course since my joke character only has 9 strength he doesn't throw very hard. It comes down to what you want to use your ranged component for.

To counter ranged characters i'd want snowflakes since you can chuck them faster than they shoot, but you still gotta close the distance.
For cavalry I would prefer something heavier hitting like a crossbow or war darts with a higher PT.

EDIT: I neglected the question about speed. Since it comes down to weight. (AFAIK) It depends on what you want to lug around, to my surprise a Heavy crossbow/steel bolts is actually lighter than two stacks of snowflakes. You gotta make the personal decision on whether or not you want slow heavy damage at a range or quick shorter range attacks.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:31:49 pm by Kneegrow »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:23:55 am »
If you can spare some proficiency into it, which you can if you are agi, you want to go with the crossbow.  Its probably the best sidearm in the entire game at two slots for it and bolts.  It does work better on urban or village maps than open plains, though.

Throwing is cooler though, if more expensive and less accurate.

Offline pratolli

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 01:41:47 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I think that I'll bow the Crossbow.