Poll

Did Archery change at this pack?

Yes, Archery Fucked.
Yes but archery is one best in game
No, Mainly no changes
WTF?!What is mean of Archery? Forget it...

Author Topic: [Poll]Archery is Worse or Better for Now?  (Read 3294 times)

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
Re: [Poll]Archery is Worse or Better for Now?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 10:22:21 pm »
+1
I have a nice shielder alt and he seems fine from archers, the main point to remember is to point the shield in the direction from which archers are firing from :P if they have multiple angles then you have to wonder how you got into such a position ;)

on the subject of KD's who the hell cares? :P Having a nice high KD is all good and well but my build often comes out negative because I spend all map chasing off and deterring lancers who would drop all the 'pro' players high kd's significantly. I may have a low KD but I know many more team deaths would occur if I dont play my subtle part ;)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 01:18:33 pm »
if they have multiple angles then you have to wonder how you got into such a position ;)

By playing c-RPG? How're you going to magically stop ten thousand archers from spreading out?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 02:02:41 pm »
By playing c-RPG? How're you going to magically stop ten thousand archers from spreading out?

archers going rambo on flanks can be taken out by cav, and even if they are dodging and somehow playing rambo and not dying they should be too focused on dodging cav to be firing at flanks. In village maps archers have an easier time but in this case they have outmanoeuvred you and your team hasnt responded correctly (which is fine) it just means you are getting flanked which is part of the game. In this case its a matter of not having a plan and responding to a threat that maybe someone should have called out.

I dont wanna go through every scenario but basically it either comes down to your team not responding to archers roaming about getting free shots, or your team has just been defeated through solid tactics and now you have to somehow convince your pubbie team to also come up with a plan :P

But really if you have 3 archers firing at you and its not the end of the map, then your team is majorly screwing up somewhere (I suspect cavalry) and if you are losing out because of it then maybe you should sort them out with a real plan :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html