Author Topic: Working around autoteambalance  (Read 791 times)

Offline Graven

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Working around autoteambalance
« on: January 28, 2011, 04:43:43 pm »
Hi Guys
I play a lot of siege recently and I noticed that people try to avoid being transferred by autoteambalance script. At the end of round you can see a number of people joining spectator and then re-entering the winning (usually attacker) team.

I think this is even possible because of the latest changes to the CRPG. Back before the 'big patch' you could not re-join from spectator - no idea if it was a bug or a functionality but it worked perfectly as a way of avoiding such behaviour.

Can I get your thoughts on that? I suggest to make this bannable exploit like placing the construction sites to block entrances and in a future patch chadz can bring back the team lock.

Offline Graven

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Working around autoteambalance
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:08:29 pm »
None? Honestly? None has anything to say about this annoying and low behaviour? Might this be that most of ppl just doesn't want to know that this 'feature' exists so that they can exploit it?

I am just playing a siege game on EU 5 where most of the Shogunate uses this exploit to get they constant x5 while all the other players are kicked in the ass turn after turn. And before anyone jumps out - its not the flag balance, it's done on purpose.

Can we please please please make this a bannable offence? Games are pointless when you keep loosing to such unfair behaviour. This is a team game and everyone should have fun not just a chosen few that are exploiting.

Offline Bensbane

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boobiland
  • Game nicks: Bensbane
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »
Well man, let me say.

This after noon I played liked,.. 2 hours in the loosing team,... not one only victory for two hours long and allways x1 multipliers,... is this supposed to be fun ? Hum ?

After what I change to attackers and got 3 lvls in 30 minutes with my nearly constant x5 and finally had some fun. Is this bannable ? If it is, I simply quit, no need to be boored by the game.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 11:33:38 pm »
Make it so you can't rejoin from spectate. Used to be that way. Otherwise the purpose of auto-balance is defeated is it not?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Graven

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 11:22:19 am »
@Bansbane : You are correct and my suggestion is not aimed at making the game less fun, I would like it to be fun to everyone and not a chosen few. Exploiting the balance system to receive your multiplier is not a way to go though. If you lock team selection then the balance will throw you into the winning team once in a while resulting in a moderate money/xp gain. It's not going to be constant x5 but not a constant x1 as well so it would be fair.

Lock the team selection in the next update chadz please. Hear the poor peasant call :P

Offline HoboJoe

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 07:59:08 pm »
Not sure if it's possible, but choosing spectator should restore your multiplier to 1, and you wouldn't get an increase even if you'd join the winning team. Much like when you join the server.
I am American, and therefore it is my business to meddle in other peoples affairs.