Author Topic: Hi guys!Quick question!  (Read 966 times)

Offline illicit87

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hi guys!Quick question!
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:29 pm »
After seeing someone do well as a horseback Crossbowman I decided to try it out. I don't think I was counting on the price of getting there being so high but oh well! It's the only way I can help out and score some kills since I am HORRIBLE at melee combat right now! (I die in single player!)

Someone In-game said that your character's weight affects the accuracy/reload time of Crossbows as well as mount speed? Is this true? Because I am using some Nobleman's armor with the default armor and my draw/accuracy are getting slightly better over time as I level my horseback archery (not sure if crossbows go off of that for mounted) and crossbow weapon Skill (along with weapon master). I tend to get 1 shotted in melee and MAYBE 2 shotted by bows (which fire MUCH faster if I get dismounted) So which armor type should I get and which horse would be best for what I am trying to do? (basically pick off melee from medium/short range and harass calv)

I am saving for the light crossbow (have the hunting) and am using the worst horse known to man (But it gets me from a-b most of the time) I would assume the Arabian or the corser would be best (leaning towards corser for the higher speed) Also does athletics increase crossbow reload time or accuracy at all? Someone said it makes 2 handed weapons swing faster.

Thanks in advance for answering my nooberific questions!

Chubs

(Yeah, I tried using Search but with a million questions and 1 search allowed every 15 seconds it was taking awhile)

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
Re: Hi guys!Quick question!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:30:04 pm »
+1
Armor slightly kills accuracy and reload time for xbowmen if you have 150-170wpf (which I hope you will get, weight affects more on lower wpf)
Also a helmet has a 3x nerf on wpf per weight point(wpf points get reduced by 3- weight and not one for example), gloves have 2x nerf on wpf, athletics only affect running speed on ground.
For reloading crossbows only WPF will help (slightly), also horsearchery ( I believe so, might be wrong) increases your accuracy on horse, I'd recommend you getting light xbow, a rouncey(courser/arabian warhorse later whichever you prefer), steel bolts a mace (2h) and some light armor (under 15 weight overall), also after lvl 25 generation 1 you'll get upkeep meaning the more expensive gear you use the more you will have to pay to upkeep it.

(Im not sure if all this is valid, might have mixed up some stuff with archery or simply forgot some things)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:44:43 pm by Mtemtko »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 01:01:51 am »
Courser is the worst horse for horse archery because the faster the animal the worse your aim will be. Your xhairs will blow up to huge sizes if you ride a courser.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 01:42:27 am »
Armor slightly kills accuracy and reload time for xbowmen if you have 150-170wpf (which I hope you will get, weight affects more on lower wpf)
Also a helmet has a 3x nerf on wpf per weight point(wpf points get reduced by 3- weight and not one for example), gloves have 2x nerf on wpf, athletics only affect running speed on ground.
For reloading crossbows only WPF will help (slightly), also horsearchery ( I believe so, might be wrong) increases your accuracy on horse, I'd recommend you getting light xbow, a rouncey(courser/arabian warhorse later whichever you prefer), steel bolts a mace (2h) and some light armor (under 15 weight overall), also after lvl 25 generation 1 you'll get upkeep meaning the more expensive gear you use the more you will have to pay to upkeep it.

(Im not sure if all this is valid, might have mixed up some stuff with archery or simply forgot some things)
Very right, just gonna point out one thing I noticed. Mtemtko says that Horse Archery increases your accuracy on horse. That is not exactly true. What it does is DECREASE the accuracy penalty for shooting when MOVING on a horse. So yeah, it makes you more accurate when moving on a horse and shooting. Also, standing still on a horse and shooting is exactly the same accuracy as standing still on the ground and shooting.

DISCLAIMER: This information is from Native. Might have been changed in cRPG.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline illicit87

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 08:05:15 am »
Oh ok thanks! So when you say no more than 15 weight overall do you mean total of body/gloves/head? Or All items? (weapons included)
Currently using Hunting Crossbow, Steel Bolts (3 slots) Nord Nobleman chest, peasant hat, and peasant boots. I've seen a few horse archers use some sort of mail but the one other crossbow horseback rider I saw used what looked like black cloth and a headpiece.

Just trying to earn some gold to buy all of this stuff! lol

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 05:28:36 pm »
Oh ok thanks! So when you say no more than 15 weight overall do you mean total of body/gloves/head? Or All items? (weapons included)
Currently using Hunting Crossbow, Steel Bolts (3 slots) Nord Nobleman chest, peasant hat, and peasant boots. I've seen a few horse archers use some sort of mail but the one other crossbow horseback rider I saw used what looked like black cloth and a headpiece.

Just trying to earn some gold to buy all of this stuff! lol

First of all. DO NOT USE NORD NOBLEMAN OUTFIT! The "fancy pants" armour, like noble suits and dresses, are now very expensive and very useless. They are meant to look good only.

Secound of all, the weight penalty applies to ARMOUR only. Not weapons or ammo (or horses, derp) and it is at 7.X where X is a number I can't remember. You can still have a bit over it without that much penalties, but don't overdo it.

The weight is also x3 for helmets and x2 for gloves. So a helmet that weights 1 will have an applied weight of 3. Remember this.

Personally I would use something like this:
*colour* tunic over mail (choose own colour), weight 9.5
Rus cavalry boots, weight 0.8
Leather Gloves, weight 0.0 (so doesn't affect anything)
Felt cap, weight 0. Wont do any good, but looks badass. You can also go no helmet.
Which gives you a total of 10.3 weight, which is a bit penalty, but not that much.

But really. Just take what you like and thinks looks good and which isn't any heavier than 13-15. That's when the weight becomes too much for your accuracy.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline illicit87

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:53:50 pm »
Thanks I ended up getting mail hauberk, mail gauntlets, Tagancha Helm and Wrapping boots. I've noticed my not dying power go WAYYYY UP. And my accuracy hasn't seemed to drop too much. After using crossbows I was tired of getting spammed to death by bows though so I re-specced and purchased horn bow. Forgot that it takes 50% of my experience though so when I re-applied points I couldn't use the bow or the mail yet. Thanks for your help and patience!