Author Topic: Horse Bumping  (Read 13330 times)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: Horse Bumping
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2011, 02:00:19 pm »
Only bad cav die to two handers.

I've killed the best cav players with a MW GGS.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Gortha

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2011, 02:01:11 pm »
Something interesting. Bumping with your horse now interrupts your attack  :| Bumps the rider as well as the person.

Going to see a lot more lancers now I think.

Rediculous.
Mega Cav-Nerf.

Also unrealisitc... The Impact is nearly not there for a rider. His Horse is far too heavy...

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2011, 02:01:40 pm »
All the good cav (Oberyn, Tommyy, that other templar guy, Riddaren maybe) can lance any 2h before they can stab them. It's not that hard a concept, though mastering it takes practice. You just turn your horse away from the 2her and thrust at the same time.

Yes but at lot of it depends on who the 2h is. A quick 2h can easily adjust himself to take into account the turning of the horse. It's really not that hard. And most of the best lancers avoid aware 2h because of it.

Only the worst 2h won't be able to do this.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2011, 02:02:03 pm »
Wooki Monsta approves of these changes.
As a cav i can see that this will balance the game a bit more.
And as for 1hcav dissapearing, i see plenty of 1h get kills without bumps. Maybe itll make shielders more immune to 1h cav, but other than that it seems balanced.

Oh and as for people who complain that its "not realistic". First of all, realism isn't what chadz is after. Secondly, Bumping a 80 kilo man in 20-30 kilo armor out of the way would send a SERIOUS jolt through the horse.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:03:30 pm by Wookimonsta »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2011, 02:02:33 pm »
Nope. Maybe vs GK's but try it vs Tommyyy for instance.

Done it to Tommy, Torben, Leed, Oberyn............... Any other good lancers out there?
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2011, 02:05:36 pm »
Done it to Tommy, Torben, Leed, Oberyn............... Any other good lancers out there?

Then you woke up.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2011, 02:06:37 pm »
Ye was about to say... almost every lancer has it done to them by the better and more aware 2h players :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2011, 02:13:54 pm »
Agree with Joker, bumpslash is unrealistic easymode. 1h cav should support teammates or attack unaware enemies and not bump everyone and kill. For frontal assaults there is lance cavalry. Different roles on the battlefield make teamwork important and the mod deeper.

Okay, I will analyse who you are referring to with that "everybody" there.

Polearms ? Impossible, the horse is stopped or killed and/or the rider is killed.
2h ? Impossible 2h thrust are 2 to 3 times longer than any attack of a 1h on a horse. The rider dies.
Archers ? Yes but only if the 1h cav manages to come up close without loosing his horse or being killed by an arrow. The horse will atleast take an arrow, probably in the horse's head if the archer is aware of him.
Throwers ? Nope. You or your horse dies before you can come close.
Crossbowmen ? Only if they haven't seen you before they shot. If they see you and they have a bolt loaded, you are better not trying anything if you want to keep your horse (and usually yourself too) alive.
Other cav ? No bumping on other cav, einstein.
Finally, we have shielders. As they still often do the mistake of turtling up against a 1h cav, they are the only real "aware and easy kills" of 1h cav. If they react correctly, however, the 1h cav might still kill them but at the expense of a big slash in his horse.

Also, about this lance outreaching 2h nonsense, I did it myself with a DGS against many cav. It's just piss easy. On the other hand, outreaching a DGS as lancer requires perfect timing and that the 2h doesn't time his thrust right.

Anyway, even if it was true that lances outreach greatswords, why bother when you can jump on the side and slash them, dodge backwards, block or even chamber the lance (the easiest chamberblocks IMO).

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2011, 02:15:23 pm »

Also, about this lance outreaching 2h nonsense, I did it myself with a DGS against many cav. It's just piss easy. On the other hand, outreaching a DGS as lancer requires perfect timing and that the 2h doesn't time his thrust right.

It's simple math, brah. The lance is longer.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2011, 02:18:31 pm »
Then you woke up.

With an erection.

Yes but at lot of it depends on who the 2h is. A quick 2h can easily adjust himself to take into account the turning of the horse. It's really not that hard. And most of the best lancers avoid aware 2h because of it.

Only the worst 2h won't be able to do this.

Atleast you're a good comedian :lol:

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2011, 02:19:29 pm »
It's simple math, brah. The lance is longer.

Use your simple math, accounting for distance to horse head not rider, length gained by both weapons on attack. Your simple math might give you the right answer then ;)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2011, 02:20:46 pm »
Use your simple math, accounting for distance to horse head not rider, length gained by both weapons on attack. Your simple math might give you the right answer then ;)

Indeed: the lancer will hit first. Obviously not if he keeps riding straight towards the 2her. But as I've said two times already, all you need to do is steer away from the 2h player who tries to stab you and stab him back.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2011, 02:23:43 pm »
Indeed: the lancer will hit first. Obviously not if he keeps riding straight towards the 2her. But as I've said two times already, all you need to do is steer away from the 2h player who tries to stab you and stab him back.

unless the 2h player adjusts his position accordingly, with normal athletics and reduced turn speed of most horses (maybe arabian is an exception) you should be able to counter this turn :P arabians are far less common now due to riding 7 needed ;)
Your local Jav Cav

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2011, 02:24:02 pm »
Okay, I will analyse who you are referring to with that "everybody" there.

If you want be head-on horseman then take a lance and if you want play light horseman with sword then attack busy or unaware enemies from the side or from behind and profit.
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2011, 02:24:21 pm »

And all a 2h need do is move towards the horse...hell if you can't get there. Block down.

Also take into account that a lance is held half way down, and as someone else has said, the height of the horse.