Author Topic: Horse Bumping  (Read 13322 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Horse Bumping
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:28 pm »
Exactly. A shield is there to protect you. You can't think seriously to be allowed to simply negate the shield only because you are noble cavalry?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2011, 01:04:32 pm »
Excuse me, there is just one major flaw here... no 2h sword has enough pierce damage to "1 hit kill" cav.

Guess you've never heard of speed bonus, and sweet zone of damage? ect ect
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2011, 01:04:53 pm »
+1
Excuse me, there is just one major flaw here... no 2h sword has enough pierce damage to "1 hit kill" cav.

Well, in most case this is correct, but you can reasonably expect any cav that managed to come close to you for some reason to have taken an arrow or a bolt.

Futhermore, I'd like to add that I can do this all day long as 2h. And if I'm not that confident, I just block down. Something pikemen can't do anymore trololo.

I wonder why are maul or poleaxe users still allowed to block. Those are more unwieldy than the puny 2,45 m longspears and 3m pikes we have.

Important tool for cav? LOL, no it's just fucking EZ mode like bumping everyone and getting kills without any effort. It SHOULD be removed. If an 1h cav gets me without bumpslash that's what I call skill.

It means that now, 1h cav already had like 0 range (meaning their only kill opportunities are unaware people), but additionaly, if they decide for some reason to attack an aware footman, the footman can recklessly attack while throwing himself under the horse because it means he is invulnerable to the rider. And that is broken. Moreover, For 1h cav, the simple slash without bump is extremely unreliable, your target can be unaware but move sideways for some reason, it will either result in you missing or bumping thus being interrupted.

When your 2h sword that protects you from cav, is the all around best duelling weapon and weights nearly nothing will cost 30k gold (horse + 1h wep, I forget the shield because I'm kind), we'll talk about EZ mode.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2011, 01:07:12 pm »
Those long 2h swords are for sure not the best duelling weapons.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2011, 01:12:23 pm »
Those long 2h swords are for sure not the best duelling weapons.

Then I wonder why all the best 2h duellers use them. They must like challenges.

Exactly. A shield is there to protect you. You can't think seriously to be allowed to simply negate the shield only because you are noble cavalry?

Lance cav is a counter to shielders in some way because they lack range. But it's often pretty easy to hit the horse before the rider can hit you (if he goes for the no-bump strategy which is usually more rewarding, and much easier if he tries to bump you). He has a 1h just like you. When shielders turtle up against a 1h cav, no wonder they are bumpslashed, it's not the good reaction (just like turtling against a maul)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1296
  • Infamy: 820
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 01:14:58 pm »
Guess you've never heard of speed bonus, and sweet zone of damage? ect ect

Only bad cav die to two handers.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2011, 01:28:50 pm »
When shielders turtle up against a 1h cav, no wonder they are bumpslashed, it's not the good reaction (just like turtling against a maul)

This doesn't mean that bumpslash kills are justified. What you gave is an explanation, not a (gameplay related) reason for bumpslash.  :wink:

And btw I am for removing or heavily nerfing blockcrush, too. In my eyes only things that require skill should lead to kills. That's why archers should be happy to encounter their class at all if I was the developer of cRPG.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:30:04 pm by Joker86 »

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2011, 01:42:33 pm »
Agree with Joker, bumpslash is unrealistic easymode. 1h cav should support teammates or attack unaware enemies and not bump everyone and kill. For frontal assaults there is lance cavalry. Different roles on the battlefield make teamwork important and the mod deeper.
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2011, 01:43:30 pm »

Yup.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2011, 01:44:27 pm »
if I was the developer of cRPG.

Thank god it stops there!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2011, 01:47:10 pm »
+1

Hardly. Head on a 2h lolstab can hit the horses head/neck long before the heavy lance gets close. If you have enough ath it's easy as a 2h to put yourself in the position to do that no matter how much a lancer is trying to avoid you/strike you from an angle.

Whether you kill the horse or not depends on a lot of variables. But there's always a good chance that you will.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:45 pm »
A 2 hander can out reach lance, you see it constantly, because the height of the horse and rider are taken into account for reach of his lance, while 2 handers get a hefty bonus to their reach on stabs. And anything below a destrier can be 1 hit by the strength stacking 2 handers we have here in NA, especially since everyone and their mother has MW 2 hander, though it may be different in EU.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2011, 01:56:08 pm »
Hardly. Head on a 2h lolstab can hit the horses head/neck long before the heavy lance gets close. If you have enough ath it's easy as a 2h to put yourself in the position to do that no matter how much a lancer is trying to avoid you/strike you from an angle.

Whether you kill the horse or not depends on a lot of variables. But there's always a good chance that you will.

Nope. Maybe vs GK's but try it vs Tommyyy for instance.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2011, 01:57:06 pm »
Thank god it stops there!

Yes, you are lucky there, as there current developers allow you to keep on with your EZ mode kills, whatever this would be. Ranged combat, cavalry, overhead blockcrush...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2011, 01:57:40 pm »

All the good cav (Oberyn, Tommyy, that other templar guy, Riddaren maybe) can lance any 2h before they can stab them. It's not that hard a concept, though mastering it takes practice. You just turn your horse away from the 2her and thrust at the same time.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.