Author Topic: New strategus map, EU/NA Split  (Read 31080 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: New strategus map, EU/NA Split
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2011, 04:35:31 pm »
+1
According to the numbers chadz posted, EU should actually get a SMALLER percentage(roughly 10% decrease) and that 10% should go to China/asian pings or have no set server defined.

So, basically NA and EU are far closer in population terms than EU's been trying to say. (20% diff rather than than a 30% dif) For all of his moanings kesh was actually right about 1 point. NA and EU are closer pop wise than people really believe. Though at this point everyone's beating a dead horse cause the decision and map are done.

(Oh btw, about Kesh's rampant bitching, etc. It's an American thing to do. Don't like the outcome, Make yourself as publicly visible as possible and perhaps you might actually force a change. Politicians don't like outspoken people thus outspoken people often influence outcomes. Demagouging =) )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2011, 04:42:32 pm »
:rolleyes:

So basicly the stats from the website arnt accurate, the poll isnt accurate and server browser information isnt accurate.

All three have been presented to you as hard fact.

You have brought nothing to this debate other than random stats and claims.

Ill gladly run around in circles with you if your side of the arguement is this weak  :D

Wow, you must be one of those people that belives in ghosts because 36% of the population believes in them.  Don't you unerstand Statistics are not hard facts.  If you have ever worked with them in polls/surveys etc. extensively you would understand how easily manipulated the numbers are and they don't even need to be because they are often flawed from the start because of improper questions (no question for asian server to eliminate skewed calculation and discount the peopel who have 300 ping in both NA and EU), improper controls to measure against (did the server during the first week strategus was down so lot less active players, rather than start a survey during startegus with an active link to the vote on the actual strategus page), improper data collection techniques (forum poll), etc. etc.

You haven't run circles around anyone VVar - all you've done is climbed on other people's backs on what they did adn then called other people names, kind of sounds like you are an unintelligent 14 yr. old that probably has never taken a statistics course in his life and belives exactly whatever statistics advertisers feed him.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:44:27 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2011, 04:54:26 pm »
+1
Wow, you must be one of those people that belives in ghosts because 36% of the population believes in them.  Don't you unerstand Statistics are not hard facts.  If you have ever worked with them in polls/surveys etc. extensively you would understand how easily manipulated the numbers are and they don't even need to be because they are often flawed from the start because of improper questions (no question for asian server to eliminate skewed calculation and discount the peopel who have 300 ping in both NA and EU), improper controls to measure against (did the server during the first week strategus was down so lot less active players, rather than start a survey during startegus with an active link to the vote on the actual strategus page), improper data collection techniques (forum poll), etc. etc.

You haven't run circles around anyone VVar - all you've done is climbed on other people's backs on what they did adn then called other people names, kind of sounds like you are an unintelligent 14 yr. old that probably has never taken a statistics course in his life and belives exactly whatever statistics advertisers feed him.

Im 24 going on 14 for sure ill admit that but what im getting at is at least people have brought some sort of information towards this, you seem to just write something that has no proof or back up.

Im not climbing onto anyones back other than yours kesh and its only because you continue to post how mad you are about something thats been decided already and that has been put to the community to decide. If what you say is true and that NA just dont come on the forum then whos fault is that? EU?

If so then awesome looking forward to sitting in the 2/3 side of the map while your fighting over who gets to sit next to the seaside.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2011, 05:36:32 pm »
+2
(Oh btw, about Kesh's rampant bitching, etc. It's an American thing to do. Don't like the outcome, Make yourself as publicly visible as possible and perhaps you might actually force a change. Politicians don't like outspoken people thus outspoken people often influence outcomes. Demagouging =) )

Some Americans.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2011, 05:47:57 pm »
 :lol:

I think you will find that the statement that only 36.6% of people who voted in the poll voted NA and that 63.4% of people who voted in the poll voted EU is very much a cold hard fact.
I think you will find that the numbers that chadz posted with regards to the origin of people by their website stats are pretty factual too.
Nor are the claims being made from these simple stats anything that does not make sense nor are the claims being made with them even IMO tenuous or weak, they are not being misused.

---

They are very simple statistics with very simple conclusions being drawn from them and chadz is not actually a politician or one for really giving a fuck what people think (in at least as much as I have been able to tell) so I doubt he is trying to skew the stats for some weird political reasons. There is not much you can do to bend stats this simple nor is there any reason to!

Suggesting that the crpg statistics you have been presented with are being manipulated to serve some sort of secret EU favouring agenda is hilarious. Well done.
Paranoid delusions much.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2011, 05:48:25 pm »
NA IS REALLY BIG GUYS! HONESTLY! WAY BIGGER THAN EUROPE! EVERYBODY KNOWS THERE IS ONLY TWO EU PLAYERS WHO HAS MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #216 on: September 22, 2011, 05:52:50 pm »
+1
Populaton Wise, US is fourth in the world ;p

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #217 on: September 22, 2011, 05:55:41 pm »
+1
Anders is right.

We should give China and India at least 1/3 of the map.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #218 on: September 22, 2011, 05:56:08 pm »
;p

But we are talking about cRPG.

Seriously though. We really are only 2 players with loads of extra keys, playing over 12 different time zones (yet still have a decent ping) with multiple accounts using autoblock and killing this mod just to fuck with you NA people.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #219 on: September 22, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »
;p

But we are talking about cRPG.

Seriously though. We really are only 2 players with loads of extra keys, playing over 12 different time zones (yet still have a decent ping) with multiple accounts using autoblock and killing this mod just to fuck with you NA people.

Ah but you said NA. You Didn't specify what you were referencing. Thus my statement counteracts your argument ;p

That doesn't even include Canada or the Latin American/Caribbean areas.

:)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #220 on: September 22, 2011, 06:12:09 pm »
+1
This thread is surprisingly stupid considering I have yet to argue in it.

I see my plan of posting enough drivel on these forums to lower everyone's IQ has worked! Bwhahahahahahahahahaha!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2011, 06:12:48 pm »
:lol:

I think you will find that the statement that only 36.6% of people who voted in the poll voted NA and that 63.4% of people who voted in the poll voted EU is very much a cold hard fact.
I think you will find that the numbers that chadz posted with regards to the origin of people by their website stats are pretty factual too.
Nor are the claims being made from these simple stats anything that does not make sense nor are the claims being made with them even IMO tenuous or weak, they are not being misused.

---

They are very simple statistics with very simple conclusions being drawn from them and chadz is not actually a politician or one for really giving a fuck what people think (in at least as much as I have been able to tell) so I doubt he is trying to skew the stats for some weird political reasons. There is not much you can do to bend stats this simple nor is there any reason to!

Suggesting that the crpg statistics you have been presented with are being manipulated to serve some sort of secret EU favouring agenda is hilarious. Well done.
Paranoid delusions much.

Wow, the whole point flew right over your head.  I never said chadz was manipulating data.  I was saying that the forum poll was inherently flawed to begin with as a fact-finding tool and therefore the results are flawed as well.  You are right in that 36.6% of the people who voted in the poll voted NA, but its nowhere near "cold, hard fact" as you like to put it that the community playing cRPG and involved in Strategus is 36.6% NA (the website stats date back for a long time and include probably more inactive people than active people as the population of this mod has changed and many accounts are inactive now).  I am asking you to not blindly accept improperly collected data at face value (just because it favors you and the rest of EU), because you ignore all the hidden assumptions in that data collection that make that data results highly inacccurate (think +/- 20% within 1 standard deviation). 

P.S. I am sure if the poll had shown 60% NA you would be arguing about how inaccurate the poll is too, only okay with it because it favors your side.  Thats the problem with an inaccurate form of data collection - you get massive deviations from accuracy so it could easily have been 20 or more percentage points higher for either side.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:15:19 pm by Keshian »

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2011, 06:23:00 pm »

USA is actually 3rd. But what i will point out to you is...

Population

Europe - 731,000,000

NA - 528,720,588

Happy pwned day.

: )

EDIT. Changed to NA.

Still pwned : _)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:28:08 pm by VVarlord »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2011, 06:25:40 pm »

Population

Europe - 731,000,000

USA - 312,266,000

Happy pwned day.

So lets get this right you count all 30+ countries in Europe's population and only the U.S. for North America, talk about skewing the data.  Why don't you add in Canada and Mexico and Brazil and a few more South American countries and you will find it is slightly more than 731M.  Happy pwned day.  :D

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2011, 06:26:42 pm »

Population

Europe - 731,000,000

USA - 312,266,000

Happy pwned day.

A better comparison would be Europe vs North America, but the Europe number would still be higher of course.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:27:54 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.