Author Topic: New strategus map, EU/NA Split  (Read 31111 times)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
Re: New strategus map, EU/NA Split
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2011, 08:59:38 am »
The_Angle, getting mad at strat 2.0 results errday.

For content: Is there any word of controlling a village/castle/town of the opposing server type, ie a NA clan controlling an EU based village, for a certain amount of time will flip it? I know it was mentioned as possibility for the future but did not see if it was implemented in the next round?

The entire point of this is no, you can't flip it.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2011, 09:09:56 am »
+4
It doesn't matter how many people are on the servers. What matters to me is people willing to play strategus. And strategus also means forum.

Also, stop referring to the "winner" or "loser" in that poll. It wasn't about winning or losing, but to get an accurate picture of the ratio of eu vs na players. No one "won", because everyone will have a fair share of the map, according to their playerbase. It sounds as if people think that Europeans will have an easy time, while NA will be crowded. If the vote is correct, and I think it is, everyone will have the same ppp (players per pixel). If it seems to be off, we can maybe do another vote halfway through the game and flip a few fiefs over (if those are in NA hand already)

But in general, i agree with matey - allowing to switch a fiefs server after it's conquered will just promote the opposite of what we want. Therefore it will be better to not have that option.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2011, 04:16:50 pm »
It doesn't matter how many people are on the servers. What matters to me is people willing to play strategus. And strategus also means forum.

Also, stop referring to the "winner" or "loser" in that poll. It wasn't about winning or losing, but to get an accurate picture of the ratio of eu vs na players. No one "won", because everyone will have a fair share of the map, according to their playerbase. It sounds as if people think that Europeans will have an easy time, while NA will be crowded. If the vote is correct, and I think it is, everyone will have the same ppp (players per pixel). If it seems to be off, we can maybe do another vote halfway through the game and flip a few fiefs over (if those are in NA hand already)

But in general, i agree with matey - allowing to switch a fiefs server after it's conquered will just promote the opposite of what we want. Therefore it will be better to not have that option.

I hope when EU developers realize that there are far more NA clans then they currently think, that this will happen and NA will get a few more fiefs.  Also, probably about that time to:

LOCK THE THREAD
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2011, 04:19:16 pm »
I think chadz might have better access to accurate stats about the playerbase than your sources Kesh. Incidentally, where do you get these random numbers and percentages you're always throwing around?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2011, 04:32:54 pm »
I think chadz might have better access to accurate stats about the playerbase than your sources Kesh. Incidentally, where do you get these random numbers and percentages you're always throwing around?

exxageration.
Though in terms of ACTUAL players playing, i'd say they servers are fairly equal. NA players are dumb, or don't care, about strat. I can tell you from experience that when strat first came out, everyone wanted to know what it was. But, what killed it for a lot of people were clans(specifically EU ones who like to stomp any problems out in their claims: EX: fallen). THe randoms on NA just don't want to play anymore after that. Hopefully with the gearing up towards the individual it might make more randoms play more!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2011, 04:37:10 pm »
exxageration.
Though in terms of ACTUAL players playing, i'd say they servers are fairly equal. NA players are dumb, or don't care, about strat. I can tell you from experience that when strat first came out, everyone wanted to know what it was. But, what killed it for a lot of people were clans(specifically EU ones who like to stomp any problems out in their claims: EX: fallen). THe randoms on NA just don't want to play anymore after that. Hopefully with the gearing up towards the individual it might make more randoms play more!

What do you mean by actual players? cRPG players? Did you not read the last page or something? When it comes to Kesh and this subject, exageration isn't the term, ignorance is. Literally did not have the first clue about the approximate number of EU crpg players at primetime, yet felt qualified to come on the thread and make a bunch authoratitive posts throwing around percentages like it was a researched economics paper instead of stuff made up on the spot cause it sounded good (for one side of the argument, obviously).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:44:58 pm by Oberyn »

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »
Incidentally, where do you get these random numbers and percentages you're always throwing around?

We must be looking at a different server list to him.

I have no idea why you keep posting bullshit number like 400-something.

I had to cut and copy as i took a 4 screenshots of the entire list but as off 8:20 on a week night 40mins before what you would call peak time we have a nice ammount online : )

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2011, 04:50:42 pm »
70% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2011, 04:52:11 pm »
+1
We must be looking at a different server list to him.

I had to cut and copy as i took a 4 screenshots of the entire list but as off 8:20 on a week night 40mins before what you would call peak time we have a nice ammount online : )

You have got to be kidding - you included the EU3 test battle that half the players were NA??  That people made a special point of showing up for - I'm sure that doesn't skew the numbers lol.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2011, 04:54:33 pm »
You have got to be kidding - you included the EU3 test battle that half the players were NA??  That people made a special point of showing up for - I'm sure that doesn't skew the numbers lol.

EU server with an EU ping, dont come out with excuses, you were talking about server population : )

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »
Theres 314 on at the moment at 4pm, people are still working and getting home from collage : )

Offline Blast_the_Grey

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2011, 07:56:32 pm »
KOGOŚ TU POPIERDOLIŁO

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2011, 08:13:43 pm »
So at our coming home time we have 314 players yesterday na didnt even have 150... at there coming home time, Kesh are you starting to get the point ? stop making up numbers and stats that are quite easily proven wrong!! Also were are all these Na clans? why do they keep getting talked about but are not actually appearing?

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:37 pm »
Guys.... i would give up. In his/her mind NA is the best, no matter what.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2011, 08:44:13 pm »
Guys.... i would give up. In his/her mind NA is the best, no matter what.
And they got loads of players, more clans than EU and all are über skilled and ungay like us Europeans.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia