Author Topic: Damage the rider when their horse is killed  (Read 844 times)

Offline Fatwalrus

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Damage the rider when their horse is killed
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:57:17 pm »
+3
Would it be possible to add -some- damage to the rider when he falls off his horse and is crushed by it?

Nothing drastic, something similar to being trampled by his own horse at the same speed it was traveling when it died.
If possible give credit to the person who killed the horse.

I think the overall [Charge damage] Vs. [Armour of the average rider] Vs. [overall Hitpoints] of each of the horses would all balance out nicely so that it wouldn't be a a big problem for cavalry unless they are riding around naked on a warhorse. I think it would be nice to add because its realistic, not game breaking and adds a little reward for downing a horse.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Clan MacLeod(just kidding no clan...yet)
Re: Damage the rider when their horse is killed
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:07:05 pm »
I think it's a great idea. When a rider was thrown off his horse in those times they were injured and some times killed by the fall/throw.

Unfortunately, I don't they can program that in game-wise. The only thing that causes damage are the tips of weapons and arrows and bolts. There's usually an invisible box
at the tip of a weapon and when it comes into contact with someone or something or its bounding box the thing being hit takes damage.

The fall won't give it damage cause you're not being hit, unless when someone swings at you or thrust through you and the horse and kills horse and rider. I've seen that happened.

But, you're talking about falling damage. They could take falling damage as if falling from a very high wall and taking damage. That happens. But, again, they would have to program it to where when falling of a horse it triggers high falling damage.

That would be great, would be cool and it'll make it more realistic and less gamie/gamy(game-y) Cause cavalry just ride around like nothing and pick off people easily and take no
damage when someone finally brings them down. The rider just gets up(especially if it's an armored rider) and keeps killing without injury from the fall.

Good suggestion.
Game Characters: Volos, Volossa, Ashalem, Vorexuonek, Brun

Offline Rogue_Eagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:57:02 am »
yeah it's a cool idea, if it wasn't on top of the riding getting bumped when he hit someone.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 07:23:24 am »
hmm i think they "sorta"implemented that idea but i could be mistaken

in native during siege battles if there was never an easy way to get out of the castle i would just get a cav class and jump off the wall thus killing the horse yet i was always perfectly fine. i tried it twice in crpg i died both times so i never ventured further into it ,assuming they messed with it in the code to make it so that was impossible but i could always go and try again to see if it was merely a fluke
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 09:45:55 am »
interesting idea, perhaps riding skill should dictate how much dmg you take. High riding means you take little, low riding means you take alot.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 09:54:43 am »
^and the more heavy the armor the harder u fall  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Fatwalrus

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 01:44:09 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't they can program that in game-wise. The only thing that causes damage are the tips of weapons and arrows and bolts. There's usually an invisible box
at the tip of a weapon and when it comes into contact with someone or something or its bounding box the thing being hit takes damage.

I know nothing about coding in M&B but based on other games/code this should be possible. There must be some kind of trigger or event attached to falling off a horse, so you could theoretically just add a damage component to that event without anything in game physically causing it. I think the tricky part would be setting an owner of the damage and making the damage vary based on horse speed.

But it wouldn't have to be done exactly as I described anyway, anything is a bonus.  :mrgreen: