Author Topic: fair cav behavior on battle servers  (Read 24180 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Yes, I'd very much like to have your oversized ego's on the other team.

Ditto  :lol:
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:31:01 pm by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo

Just dont feel too bad when we trample you flat into the dirt (our oversized ego's add to the crushing) ;)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
About helping inf teammates :

When your friends are clearly outnumbered, usually a simple couched lance flyby will net you a clean kill and make things a little easier for the team

When the fight is pretty much even, usually 1v1 fights, you can try to bump or lance the enemy, depending on the cases. The last strategy also works very well :

When your team outnumbers the enemy, you can add a lot of pressure on the enemy by simply standing there, slowly riding around the enemy with your lance prepared, ready to rush. You will probably not attack at all but it will confuse the enemy and make things easier for your team. This also works in even fights and is the least risky of all tactics.

You can even use the time you circle around the mob to analyse the battlefield and seek opportunities elsewhere.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
i also hate it when i collide with a friendly cav which rears my horse and gets me killed.
Here is a protip, ALWAYS GO RIGHT. if we can all agree to this, such unsightly collisions will be a thing of the past.

I have to go left...I can only shoot on the left hand side  :P

Careless trampling of teammates at spawn however.. We'll prepare for a small or severe ban from me if I see it. The more excessive the harder the ban. Could be 30 mins or 2 days depending on severity. This kind of jackass behaviour can ruin the day for many players. We come to play here to escape from the rotten RL out there, trying to have some fun, and some careless troll may ruin it all.

There is also certain "Loose horse within the first 40-50 seconds and respawn with fresh horse", "Horse Sharing" abuses that will lead to Essay bans. (GK you are warned)

Pretty sure you can't ban for bumping a few team mates on spawn. Certainly not if it's just careless. Deliberately yes. But not if it's just carelessness. And how does receiving a slight knock on spawn ruin your day?

Again...stop making up stuff about GK.

No problem for us. We like our x5's  :P
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:49:36 pm by Overdriven »

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX

as an archer i often shoot into melee fights if i see the outcome of the fight being 50/50 for both player or if i think the enemy has a higher chance of winning than my teammate. Why? because there is a bigger chance of me (if you are a decent archer, that is) hitting the enemy than the teammate, so in the long run, shooting into fights like those helps your team. Ofc it goes wrong very often, but if it goes right just a tiny bit more, it is worth it. If my teammate has the largest chance of winning the fight, i wouldnt dream about shooting into it - why risk getting your teammate kileld when he can easily win?
For me, this game is about having your team win, so if shooting into a melee fight works out more often than not, it will increase my team's chance of winning more often than it decreases the chance, which will make my team win more in the long run - so that is exactly what i will do; shoot into melee.

Yeah, but this doesnt help your team very much, you cant see in the future, how the melee fight will happen. And the allies is most likely to have their back towards u= bigger area to hit. And a good infantry will use the teammate as cover from the archer= even smaller area for the archer to hit the enemy. So if the fight is 50/50 and you want to try and help your teammate, yours chances of hitting is prob only 40% on enemy and 60% on the friendly.

And yeah very very good archers might be able to do it some of the times, but many archers either dont give a fuck, or think that they are better than they actually are. So many of them end up shooting into melee.

Many archers also just shoots into melee combat, no matter who the are + many players dont know their teammates by just looking at gear, but they still shot into the melee fight instead of finding another target.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:56:35 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
When your team outnumbers the enemy, you can add a lot of pressure on the enemy by simply standing there, slowly riding around the enemy with your lance prepared, ready to rush. You will probably not attack at all but it will confuse the enemy and make things easier for your team. This also works in even fights and is the least risky of all tactics.

You can even use the time you circle around the mob to analyse the battlefield and seek opportunities elsewhere.

This suggestion is a great one. Occasionally I'll do this to confuse a plated guy or whomever from getting cocky in a fight against 4 of my allies. Usually the distraction works and sometimes I can even get a bump or non-moving lance shot in there.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
This suggestion is a great one. Occasionally I'll do this to confuse a plated guy or whomever from getting cocky in a fight against 4 of my allies. Usually the distraction works and sometimes I can even get a bump or non-moving lance shot in there.

yes, this is something i do regularly. When a group of enemies outnumbers a group of friendlies, i will see if they notice me, if they dont, i will try to couch lance one. Then i will wait just barely outside of whatever weapon range. Often 3 or 4 enemies will turn to attack me, when they notice im not attacking they either try to get me (in which case i ride around to hit the rest of their group in the back) or they will follow the rest of the group, in which case keep coming close to make em turn around.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
There is also certain "Loose horse within the first 40-50 seconds and respawn with fresh horse", "Horse Sharing" abuses that will lead to Essay bans. (GK you are warned)

Pretty sure you can't ban for bumping a few team mates on spawn. Certainly not if it's just careless. Deliberately yes. But not if it's just carelessness. And how does receiving a slight knock on spawn ruin your day?
Again...stop making up stuff about GK.

Are you serious there Overdriven ? Can't you READ PROPERLY what Thomek wrote ?
Since you seem having problems, i'd like to help you out and enlighten you :
-Horse sharing is bannable, aka spawning on a horse at 6:58, dismounting, joining specs, joining again a faction, on a horse.
-I find Thomek to be a reasonable admin, and if he says "Gk, you are warned", then there's obviously data behind it. He's no nuffen, so he gives a warning, so don't just do as if nothing happened.
-I find you VERY rude evading Thomek's point, and telling him to stop making stuff up, since he didn't do that at all. I wouldn't mind you be muted for disrespecting admin's warning AND admins in general.

Cavs reputation are ALSO dependant on forum, sadly. And seeing Overdriven lobbyism and "i can't read properly" posts, there's little wonder a lot of people find Gks irritating. Luckily, they (Gk) have some very good members (aka Kerrigan, Elmer, Chagan_Arslan) who makes the clan forgivable.
(click to show/hide)

Edit : Since Overdriven won't post anymore, i won't either, so i'll edit. xD
I don't see HOW you can be "pretty sure admins can't ban because of bumping", he's the admin, he knows the rules, usually. And "because of careless" IS a good reason for banning : i can't care less about my teammates, i'll just bump all thoses in my way. Then again, i'm sure you just used a wrong wrong, cause i know Gk don't bump at all (or very uncommon) at spawn, because they're being carfull.
I do admit your post wasn't clear, since you quoted all of Thomek's posts, to speak about the ban without saying wich one you were refering to "bumpity bump" or "sharing". Since the "bumpity bump" didn't concern Gk, imo, i thought it was the second point. My bad there. Not having english as a main language doesn't help. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:58:46 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Are you serious there Overdriven ? Can't you READ PROPERLY what Thomek wrote ?
Since you seem having problems, i'd like to help you out and enlighten you :
-Horse sharing is bannable, aka spawning on a horse at 6:58, dismounting, joining specs, joining again a faction, on a horse.
-I find Thomek to be a reasonable admin, and if he says "Gk, you are warned", then there's obviously data behind it. He's no nuffen, so he gives a warning, so don't just do as if nothing happened.
-I find you VERY rude evading Thomek's point, and telling him to stop making stuff up, since he didn't do that at all. I wouldn't mind you be muted for disrespecting admin's warning AND admins in general.

Cavs reputation are ALSO dependant on forum, sadly. And seeing Overdriven lobbyism and "i can't read properly" posts, there's little wonder a lot of people find Gks irritating. Luckily, they (Gk) have some very good members (aka Kerrigan, Elmer, Chagan_Arslan) who makes the clan forgivable.
(click to show/hide)

This is the last time I post here. I said nothing about GK horse sharing other than that I would claim he is just making stuff up. I have never once seen a GK do that, nor, I hope, will I ever see them. Thomek has posted in many nerf cav threads so I can't take him seriously on stuff like this at all. And how do you know he's not making stuff up Bulzur? You're just assuming because he has a nice shiny admin badge, that he wouldn't do that. But have you ever seen a GK horse share? Somehow I doubt it, otherwise you would of stated as such. Furthermore, saying 'GK' targets it at the whole clan. I know I have never done it, nor have plenty of other GK's. So rather than him soil the name of the entire clan, he should name specifics. He should also handle it like a proper admin and pm the people in question. Naming an entire clan in a random thread on a forum is not professional, and to be frank, a bit of a ridiculous thing to do for a game admin. So it is HE who is out of order Bulzur.

My part about the bannable bit was him raging at horse bumps on round start and saying he will ban people for it. Which is unreasonable. It had nothing to do with horse sharing so I'm not sure why you went on that massive tangent there when that was 1 small line in my post and also only the last line of Thomeks post.

I guess it's not me who can't read.

Anyway...I don't disrespect admins at all. I've never once been in trouble with an admin in game. But admins are still human, and they can say silly things like warning an entire clan. An admin badge on a forum does not change that at all.

I'm done with the ridiculous cav arguing for a while now. Seeing as it's the same few people over and over it's getting rather old. There's hardly a refreshing new opinion from random people in this place.

Edit : Since Overdriven won't post anymore, i won't either, so i'll edit. xD
I don't see HOW you can be "pretty sure admins can't ban because of bumping", he's the admin, he knows the rules, usually. And "because of careless" IS a good reason for banning : i can't care less about my teammates, i'll just bump all thoses in my way. Then again, i'm sure you just used a wrong wrong, cause i know Gk don't bump at all (or very uncommon) at spawn, because they're being carfull.
I do admit your post wasn't clear, since you quoted all of Thomek's posts, to speak about the ban without saying wich one you were refering to "bumpity bump" or "sharing". Since the "bumpity bump" didn't concern Gk, imo, i thought it was the second point. My bad there. Not having english as a main language doesn't help. :rolleyes:

It says nothing in the rules about careless horse bumping, only about deliberate acts of griefing/teamwounding which could be related. But again only if it's deliberate. So if it's careless/accidental. Then there is no reason to ban at all, especially when there could be a ton of reasons for it.

I thought it was pretty clear with my post. I said the bans in context of the bumps and the defending GK was an individual line quite clearly targeted at his accusation. But yeah...no worries.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:41:39 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
If we see a player doing that in GK he will be relayed the warning, please point it out to us if you see a GK player horse share :)

Edit : This my last post... I will put across my opinions in the form of angrily thrown javelins :P
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:12:06 pm by Lorenzo_of_Iberia »
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
OP udpdated.   now i know what i like about coffee.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Only read the first page, generally agree with what's being said.  Just wanted to add (if someone hasn't already).

Infantry when you spawn, realize you have cavalry trying to get past the infantry, if it's a tight alley or bridge out of spawn, try to leave one of the sides open for cav to pass on by.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline LLJK_Siggy

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Fighting for Democracy across all of Calradia
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_SIGGY_AMERICA
I glanced over the OP and didn't read any of the rest of the thread but how about you don't tell me how to ride my internet horsie.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Wtf is horse sharing, I don't get it.

Something like spawning, giving your horse to someone then go spec and join the team again with your horse ?