Is Cavalry ruining your fun?

Yes
65 (33.9%)
No
91 (47.4%)
I play as Cavalry
36 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Author Topic: Is Cavalry ruining your fun? (poll)  (Read 2550 times)

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
Re: Is Cavalry ruining your fun? (poll)
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 01:45:18 am »
I agree that the heavier horses need some sort of nerf, but light cavalry is fine as it is.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2758
  • Infamy: 1339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 02:01:16 am »
Armored horses have big models which means they bump much more often than unarmored horses. That's a huge advantage in battle.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 02:02:14 am »
+1
Armored horses have big models which means they bump much more often than unarmored horses. That's a huge advantage in battle.

Easier to shoot at too, and also easier for melee to hit the horse before the rider can strike back as well due to the model sticking out more.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 02:02:23 am »

Well duh, so wut?

it costs loads to buy, to upkeep, need big skill to ride, what´s the fucking problem.  You guys want us to ride around on donkeys?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 02:02:39 am »
+1
Simple question. I'm just curious since I recently started playing this game and it's just hilarious how i get 30+ kills every map and everyone hates me cause im new. Cavalry is like a Car in GTA with lances

P.S. you cant buy a pike cuz its not good enuff to kill cav

omg ur new 2? wanna start a clan?

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 09:47:05 am »
I don't get why people hate on cavalry.  I think it's important for games like this to have a way for people without much computer gaming ability to be able to log in and get some kills and feel good about playing.  Not everyone can be an expert archer, but everyone CAN be an expert cavalryman.  Without noob friendly ways to play, this game would be dead in a week!
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 11:13:08 am »
+1
No.

As we templols say to tommy, haters be hating, Jetpony be racing.
(Well we don't, I just made that up, we say some other shit I forgot)
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 11:27:25 am »
Friendly cavalry: YES, learn when a 2hander has the group fight covered and stop trying to steal his kills which will almost always result in their death. This is not all cav just the kill hungry ones, they need to L2P.

Enemy cavalry: NO, like everyone else said if you get killed by one you weren't concentrating (my main issue) or they did rather well to backstab you in a group fight or bump you and not their team mates.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 11:35:42 am »
Friendly cavalry: YES, learn when a 2hander has the group fight covered and stop trying to steal his kills which will almost always result in their death. This is not all cav just the kill hungry ones, they need to L2P.

The problem being, some infantry, and especially 2h, don't understand that turning around their enemy like two dogs sniffing each other's ass is highly detrimental to their team. Infantry, ranged and cav are unable to help you and finish the combat quickly and without risks if you keep on protecting the guy you are fighting. I see many clever infantry that deliberately go away from their enemies for a second or two, just to let the friendly cav bump or kill the poor enemy.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 646
  • Infamy: 1027
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 02:01:39 pm »
Easier to shoot at too, and also easier for melee to hit the horse before the rider can strike back as well due to the model sticking out more.

From archers point of view, yes. But as infantry armored horses are my weakness cause:

- noob teammates ride them, bump me, take my hp away (only when I wear low armor), make me easy prey while I'm on the ground
- it's much easier for enemy to bump slash me
- they have lots of armor and lots of hp which means I can't kill them like I can kill non armored horses with my super duper practice sword :mrgreen:

Bump slash is my only weakness since they nerfed horse speed a bit (haven't been killed by couched lance since they nerfed cav :D). Without bumping an army of 10 cav would have issues to kill little ol' me :wink:

But I dislike cav only when I'm playing twohander. When I'm using polearms I luv them. You have no idea how great it feels whenever some turd try to ride over me (confident like most nabs are when they see person in rags with a pitchfork :wink:) and I drill a hole in charger's head and afterwords kill them with the very same pitchfork while they are hiding behind a shield, using spamitar in full heraldic plate :lol:

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 02:21:28 pm »
I´m pure Xbow, and as long as the rider is not in full plate, I simply one shot him if he approaches me :D

Speed bonus working against cav ftw. Crossbowmen do that to me a fair amount...especially as I can only really take 1 bolt regardless of the type of xbow:P

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 02:24:55 pm »
I don't dislike facing cavalry, and looking out for them.
I hate being bullied (aka bumped) by them wich happens at least twice on every map. Of course, this tends to happen when i'm duelling another melee, chasing down this damn xbow before he reloads, etc... Wich is really... frustrating.

I like watching noob cavs, teamkilling friendlies while trying to "help", missing the thrust on an unaware archer, not even bumping him, "insert other noob moves here" but still succeeding in outliving most inf, and getting 3-4 kills each round. And important ones, not just peasant. It feels so easy... so i tested it... and it is... and it's fun bullying others.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 05:49:29 pm »
Few things are as gratifying to smack a lancer's head off when he misses you. They bring a lot of tears to my eyes but sometimes they are of laughter. Now roofcamping archers is another story.

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2011, 05:54:18 pm »
No.I like cutting off fulspeed coursers legs,with my german poleaxe
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 06:20:30 pm »
It's actually been brought up before, but making breakable lances would go a long long ways towards balancing cavalry. I don't think anyone has a problem with spear cav or 1 hand cav, it's just lances that people complain about I think. It would be a nerf, for sure, but people could still use spears, and it would give people a reason to draw that sword they never use until they get dehorsed. :)