Author Topic: End the bunny hopping madness  (Read 9961 times)

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
Re: End the bunny hopping madness
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »
No problem, we will nerf cav to compensate. Thanks for bringing this up.
Leave us alone!

Compensate them by giving them higher wpf penalty threshold? So they can at least wear light armor with no penalty or medium armor with reduced penalty.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 05:12:41 pm »
I like the idea. And it really wouldn't nerf archers significantly. I mean, fuck, its not like an archer's sole job is to begin running away the moment enemies are spotted in the distance, and then begin jump shooting. The jump, spin, gay technique generally happens when the fights almost over, and, lacking the support of the normal, manly infantry, the archers must run away.

And they would still run, if this suggestion were implemented. They could even draw while on the run. They could still kite.

But they couldn't jump-gay.

NERF CAV NERF CAV NERF CAV (almost forgot)
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 06:26:59 pm »
Well even if you take away jumping...you should still be able to run and draw. Either that or add a mechanism where you can notch an arrow in a separate movement and then fire. Like crossbows do. Because you sure as hell can run with an arrow notched and that would at least allow archers some degree of ability to run and fire quickly.

The problem is, realism definitely can't be used in this case. Because if we argued realism we'd give archers the ability to have a couple of sheaths of arrows, a longbow and a decent weapon like a bill hook, a pick or some basic swords with some PS added. Seeing as archers did actually have fairly decent weapons and often did get into the main fight alongside men at arms ect.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 06:31:42 pm »
I think archers should be able to do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TusQGmO-5Do
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sWalker

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 06:40:22 pm »
The sWalker completely approves of this change...we, as archers, should never run.  Please ban this move completely to encourage my brothers to stand and fight...but, give us at least half of our shoot speed back so that we can compete with xbows.

+1

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 06:58:26 pm »
The sWalker completely approves of this change...we, as archers, should never run.  Please ban this move completely to encourage my brothers to stand and fight...but, give us at least half of our shoot speed back so that we can compete with xbows.

+1

Why aren't there fewer running archers like yourself.

You should have an sWalker Archer Q&A thread. So people can ask you questions about archers, like why they never stand and fight etc
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 07:05:43 pm »
would be nice if OP used the correct terms.  THere is no bunny hopping in CRPG, as you get stopped after a jump and have .5-1 second cooldown on jumping again.  The term you are talking about is JUMP SHOTS

THIS is bunny hoping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6jm9iGW2Co

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 07:13:28 pm »
+1
I would be ok for jump shooting to be removed if jump slashes/stabs were also removed, for they are as equally stupid/unrealistic/anythingelseyouwanttocomplainforthesakeofanerfimtwelvewhatisthis about.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 07:18:32 pm »
I would be ok for jump shooting to be removed if jump slashes/stabs were also removed, for they are as equally stupid/unrealistic/anythingelseyouwanttocomplainforthesakeofanerfimtwelvewhatisthis about.

Well, not really. Jump shooting is actually really effective. Melee jumps aren't.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 07:19:20 pm »

This.

I say, we nerfed horsie maneuver, let's nerf human maneuver now. Human beings can't run at full speed then make a U-turn without slowing down on flat ground, even naked. The top running speed is probably too low, but the acceleration and turning speed are way too high  (I heard it could be possible to mod that with WSE).

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2011, 07:21:42 pm »
Melee jumps aren't.

Melee jumps are bloody effective  :shock: Certainly for taking down cavalry. And I've killed a fair few people with my 2h by throwing them in and catching someone off guard and in the head. They are risky, and not worth it against good opponents. But that's not to say they aren't effective if done well.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 07:23:21 pm »
Plz don't quote tears post since it makes hes gibberish visible to me  :rolleyes:

Also lol for comparing melee jump and slash to archers kiting every1 and their mother without9 ath.... another useless post from tears...
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2011, 07:24:16 pm »
+1
Edit: Meh decided to stop

I will leave this thread now.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:25:32 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2011, 07:29:06 pm »
Remove all actions during jumping. Going after ranged only is stupid. No block/attack chambered with any weapon while in air.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 07:34:44 pm »
Plz don't quote tears post since it makes hes gibberish visible to me  :rolleyes:

Also lol for comparing melee jump and slash to archers kiting every1 and their mother without9 ath.... another useless post from tears...

I did nothing to compare those two. Kiting archers will still plug you without the jump, as the jump is only needed if the target is super close or has a shield (Like when sWalker or Glen_Beck jumpshots over a huscarl). Taking out bunny hopping has nothing to do with ending kiting, as I almost never use it and manage to make those lives I kite living hell if they do not have a shield.

I simply compared jump shooting with jump slashing, both of which are equally absurd, you are the one who brung up comparing melee jump slashing with archers kiting.

Also, lol on you blocking me but people quoting me anyways... I warned you that was gonna happen when I explained to you how to block people  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.