Author Topic: Ban request - Venrich  (Read 2049 times)

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ban request - Venrich
« on: September 15, 2011, 04:12:50 am »
At the end of a round Venrich intentionally team killed another player so that it could be a "1 v. 1" battle with the enemy. He lost, resulting in many of us losing our multiplyers (I had x5). I would consider this team killing, griefing and douchebaggery. I have no photos but it was witnessed by the whole server so someone can back me up on this. He deserves a 3 day ban at least.

Offline venrich_III

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Ban request - Venrich
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 05:02:27 am »
It was not intentional.
I even said "Crap" "sry" after the tk.
Smellmyfinger badgered and complained for an hour straight.   Frankly, I think he needs time to cool off.
He may have said it was on his "bucket list" to get someone banned...but I'm not sure that was him, or another guy.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:11:50 am by venrich_III »

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 05:16:15 am »
Wasn't me. I was badgering you though, is that a crime? You know full well it was intentional. You wanted to be the hero.

You did a 180 jump and killed your teamate on a horse. How could that not be intentional (there were only 3 people in play). You cost me my x5 and cost us the match. You deserve a ban. Next time you decide to be a hero, don't.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 06:34:51 am »
Greetings,

First thing first, calm thyselves.

If the accusation rings true and is testified by witnesses, such act will be judged accordingly. (To anyone that has witnessed the incident, please post here without any rage or spam, and also keep personal comments to a minimum.)

However, venrich the Third will then be given a chance to apologize in public as an appeal of his good will to not do such act again.

This request will be left open for the time being.

Regards,
Gear

P.S.: Were there any admins present during the incident? Some clarification of the whole incident would be appreciated.

Offline venrich_III

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 06:06:08 pm »
Gear,
The level demeanor is much appreciated. I don't know if any admins were present.

(For what it's worth from the mouth of the accused.) I will convey requested clarification from my POV.

At the end of the round in question, I and one other teammate were left against Kekekek (spelling?) from Chaos. It was a pitched fight with my cohert on horseback - and me, a sword and board, slightly seasoned infantry man. The attacks came to our enemy in waves, testing his/her manual block prowess again and again... to little effect. He/she had the skillz. I would move in - attack, block, attack and move out. Then my teammate would gallop in and try his hand.

And so it continued for some time.

Eventually, my shield in tatters, I attempted to back off from the enemy. In that attempt, I spun-swung backwards and slayed (to my shagrin) my closer than expected banner mate. I felt compelled to pause, and type the interjection "Crap" followed later by a "sry!". I proceeded to fight miserabaly and die in a puddle of my own fail.

Plainly and to the point...
I TKed. It was an accident to which I felt bad and apologized. Smellmyfinger saw it differently, and feels vengence is needed. I empathize with that feeling for balanced justice, but I did not appreciate the grief he gave in its wake.

Smelly, no hard feelings -- I would ask that next time you witness a TK, you make some consideration for it being a mistake. If you feel it warrants a Ban post in the forums, that is one thing. But badgering someone online for an hour is another. Don't besmirch someone so aggressively based on your POV.

Sincerely,
Venrich

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:16:32 pm by venrich_III »

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 06:24:08 pm »
That was beautifully written.  :shock:
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 06:27:12 pm »
^ So according to you, you "accidentally" did a 180 jump, killing Kekeke who was riding behind you...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that even possible? Fighting someone 1 v. 1, in what world would you need to jump back on and slash when the enemy you are fighting is right in front of you? See how much sense that makes? I would understand if there was another cav on the other team, resulting in you killing your teammate who rode up behind you. However, you were well aware the only enemy you had to take down was right in front of you.  That was beautifully written , I will give you that. I would accept your apology if you admitted to intentionally killing him but you "accidentally" doing a 180 and slashing him is laughable  :lol:.

See, I'm not so much angry about the fact that I lost my x5 (although I was pissed about it at the time). I'm angry about the fact that if I, or someone else who was newer did this we would be banned on the spot. Since you are great at this game (I will admit) you are one of those assholes who thinks you're above everyone else. If I had done this, YOU or someone like you would have made this topic and everyone would have come out of the wood-works to support you. Since its a little guy like me, against a good player like you, nobody gives a fuck.

Admins I ask you to look at his paragraph in very basic detail. Ignoring his great writing and cordial bullshit, the tl;dr version of his post is "I accidentally 180 jumped and killed my team mate. Smellmyfinger saw it differently, he thought it was on purpose". Its obvious bullshit

Like I said, the real story is you think you're above the game. You wanted to be the hero and take on this guy 1 v. 1. You team killed and you failed. You deserve just as severe punishment as I would get for doing such a thing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:28:28 pm by sylentknyte »

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 06:55:36 pm »
Greetings again,

sylentknyte, I'd like to ask you to cool off and not make any hasty assumptions. Good player or bad, popular or infamous, none will be above the rules that are written in the Official Server Rules.

Before this topic was posted, I have never met venrich_III or encountered him in game (Or can't remember any).

What I require for now would be the name of the tk'd teammate and details from both him and Kekekee.
(Also any witness that would willingly testify for this incident)

And please read my post thoroughly next time, if you will:
please post here without any rage or spam, and also keep personal comments to a minimum.

Regards,
Gear

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 07:04:40 pm »
^ Thats fair. I'm not pursuing this anymore. Venrich knows what he did. See you on the battlefield mate.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 07:15:53 pm »
I can atest that was was statwhoring yesterday. Hiding in the back until about 3-5 enemies left before he started to show up to fight.  I saw the jump slash kill in question and it was 100% intentional.

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 07:19:02 pm »
I can atest that was was statwhoring yesterday. Hiding in the back until about 3-5 enemies left before he started to show up to fight.  I saw the jump slash kill in question and it was 100% intentional.

THANK YOU! Now at least I don't look crazy.

Offline venrich_III

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 07:38:02 pm »
Smellmyfinger/sylentknyte,

I'm not a well-known player.
I'm not really that great of a player.
I don't know the community that well.

You made a lot of assumtions that were not correct - would you consider that you also perhaps were incorrect about my TK being intentional? I'm telling you that it was an accidental TK.

Regardless of the outcome of this event, at least consider that last part.

Sincerely,
Venrich

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 07:46:02 pm »
^ I truly apologize for assuming such things. However aren't you ignoring the fact that Digglez just confirmed the intentional tk? Can't you just admit it because now that I have someone on my side, I'm not giving up this cause. If you don't admit is in my opinion its one count of team killing, douchebaggery and lying to an admin. I'd give you a week.

Sincerely,
Smellmyfinger
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:50:29 pm by sylentknyte »

Offline venrich_III

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 09:28:57 pm »
Gear - I don't remember the name of the team mate I accidently TKed. KEKEKEK was the enemy player left alive. Sorry, not much help there.

Smellmyfinger,
I have no issues with Digglez. I don't know him. It's his point of view that the TK was intentional. Whether I agree or not has little weight to these affairs. His point of view does not 'confirm' anything. I won't start slinging mud just because what Digglez says doesn't mirror what I said happened.

You on the other hand, Smellmyfinger, have been very rude and coarse since I first met you last night. It continues on these forums, no matter how civil I treat you. I feel like you've blown a single TK far out of porportion because of your personal beliefs. I have never had any issues with the community until you, last night.

I'm done checking this thread. I'm asking you to not badger me any more online. Whether there's a ban applied or not, put this behind you please.

My thanks to the community for the chance to say my peace.

Sincerely,
Venrich
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:39:19 pm by venrich_III »

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 11:06:41 pm »
Stfu dude. This is the internet and we're talking about a game. I'm not running for an election, I'm trying to convey the point that you did something wrong and you deserve to be banned. You want someone to aruge with you in a poetic way, join a university debate team. Theres nothing fancy about it. Btw I'm willing to bet you check this thread again, whether you reply to me or not.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:09:00 pm by sylentknyte »