Author Topic: Dtv bots hitting trough other bots  (Read 618 times)

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Dtv bots hitting trough other bots
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:30:51 pm »
when im playing  dtv and 3 bots start follow me there is nothing to do if the firt one can hit me im dead cos second and third one can hit trough  the first one remove that shit NO trough hitting in dtv plz (sry for my bad english, hope u understand my point in this text)
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline sgallaty

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Dtv bots hitting trough other bots
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 01:38:45 am »
Not sure what can be done, this is a limitation of the engine itself, and is a common problem in singleplayer. 

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 02:08:33 am »
Not sure what can be done, this is a limitation of the engine itself, and is a common problem in singleplayer.
They just made it so weapons collide with the ground, I'm sure they can do the same with enemies

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 08:53:59 am »
They do normally, it's just that friendly fire was turned off. This means that you can swing through your own friends, but so can the AI. Personally, I think it's better with FF turned on.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 03:46:13 pm »
They do normally, it's just that friendly fire was turned off. This means that you can swing through your own friends, but so can the AI. Personally, I think it's better with FF turned on.
You remember the huge glitch that happened by teamkilling in DTV, leading to massive xp gain and mass ban for the people who did it?

That. That is the reason FF is off.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 01:33:23 pm »
You know that this is also happening on battle and siege servers?

Few days ago I saw byzantium_Renegat inside some ruins close to a wall, with 3 guys infront of him. The third guy had a pike and just poked him through the two other guys infront of him when he wanted to hit the first one. So he died. That was completely weird and is happening very often.

Please oh great dev team, start fixing some of the wellknown bugs instead of making new shit allday

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 01:44:07 pm »
+1
Yeah one of then most annoying things about dtv. You think you're only facing 1 opponent in a line at a time, then bam a maul comes through the face of the one in front.