Author Topic: Cav spawnrape issue  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: Cav spawnrape issue
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 05:54:15 pm »
One of the things I hate about cav is that the friendly cav doesn't cover the infantry at spawn. I recall only few that actually stuck around with the purpose of protecting the spawn. They want easy kills. Anti-cav cav should realise that protecting spawns also gives the an oppurtunity to kill enemy cavs where they are very vournable. Since they are away from their main force they should be deliciuos targets.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 06:58:38 pm »
+2
Maybe the devs can code in a "spawn lock" where for the first 15 secs of a battle no one can move even though they are spawned in to let other catch up. It would make battles more epic and exciting if everyone was on the same page after spawning in, instead of on the fly.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 12:20:01 am »
Thats pretty common cav strat.

Rush enemy spawn and kill afk´s to feed E penis then when finished take out solo targets and then go in and backstab everyone busy fighten.

Constant whine threads have diminished cavalry to nothing but. People nerf cav and expect them to still charge head-on...? 1h's have taken out my horse before and they still do so consistently. But, I digress.

To the issue at hand: A delayed spawn for cavalry would be no problem for me. 5-10 seconds after others start spawning would, in my opinion, give the infantry a sizable boost in the distance able to be traveled before being attacked. As a dedicated cavalryman for... a LONG time, I would support an implementation of a delayed spawn (But only for a few seconds. Anything more would be a bit unfair.)

Maybe the devs can code in a "spawn lock" where for the first 15 secs of a battle no one can move even though they are spawned in to let other catch up. It would make battles more epic and exciting if everyone was on the same page after spawning in, instead of on the fly.

Or this. I like this.

stuff

Ontopic: it works sometimes but many times I'm facing 3+ cav alone so if I manage dehorse one I'm good :) It's curious how rarely cav actually backs off when they see someone with a long pole at the spawn. As if killing spawners is just so tempting they're willing to risk it.

And people also need to realize that not all cav is good... in fact about 30% of cav is horrible, another 30% is fair, and the other 40% have at least an idea of what they're doing or are good. So, the amount of cavalry isn't always the problem, since there's still about maximum 25% of the playerbase made up of cav in one game.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:24:12 am by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 12:11:05 pm »
Could there be something done about that? Its so fucking annoying to get a couched lance in the back right at spawn. Especially some GK's are really proud of this lame "tactic".
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 12:16:20 pm »
Free kils. If a team can't handle the cav coming after them early then that's not our problem.

I've started doing that wait on spawn afk thing more with my hoplite. Gotten so many easy free kills myself doing that.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 12:43:03 pm »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Arkonor

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arkonor
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 01:58:09 pm »
You can spawn for the whole first minute of the game. If we say that a mounted guy can move 4x faster then running infantry you would need to make the travel distance from one spawn to the other on foot 4 minutes total to never be killed by an enemy cavalry at your own spawn when you spawned. Imagine how long it would take to find that lone new player that is lost in the end.

I'm actually guessing they move faster then 4x also so this is probably not doable at all unless you just lower the spawn time but then you just miss the round and the possibility of a multiplier for that round. So would be even worse for you. So yeah don't really see a way out of this problem without creating new ones.

But yeah we could make the maps a bit bigger if there was for example made a winning condition that if one side has 5x more troops then the other they win the round then and there. But then we would miss those epic comeback moments.

Guess I could go all day with if that and if this :P

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 04:12:18 pm »
I would just love to see some kind of initial invulnerability after spawning for several seconds, UNLESS you spawn on a horse or move away a certain distance from your spawn point.

This would also prevent those ugly situations on small maps, where the teams spawn in line of sight to each other, and arrows start hitting immediately. There is nothing more frustrating than spawning and receiving a headshot. I want to PLAY the game, not sit in spectator without own fault.

I hate cav making afk or autowalker kills, not because I think their victims don't deserve it, but simply because I don't grudge them those easy kills. Infantry has to work hard to get a 23:2 ratio. Cavalry doesn't, it's easymode, and I played cavalry for a long time and had good stats, so don't tell me anything about it. Cavalry is more about knowledge and experience than about skill and reflexes, which are way more difficult to obtain, and thus I think it's unfair if cavalry has good stats.

Not that I would care about good stats, but many other players do. And when we are playing on that snowy map with the river in a kind of valley, seperating the two teams from each other, and houses on the slopes, I usually (acutally ALWAYS) spawn on the disadvantaged side of the map, the one without that house with the big roof (I guess this side loses 75% of all rounds). And as to be expected, my team, due to poorly placed spawn points, rushes forward like lemmings, crosses the river, and gets raped on the other side by the enemies, because latter stay together more by default due to the map design and their archers can shoot the infantry from above.

We lose one round after another, and one of my teammates write: "I don't know why we get raped always that much. What should we do?" and I answer "You are charging them uphill, while their archers can shoot you into your sides or back. Just wait on our side of the river, they will come." but a cavalry player writes "just charge harder" or something like this. "Joker, you have 1:3, you know shit about the game. Listen to ABSDEFG_cav, he is right" Was the answer I got. If I could have killed by pressing a button, I would have pressed that goddamn button.  :mad:

(I was playing pikeman, and my team failed to stick together, so whenever I chose to follow someone he got chopped down, my protection was gone and I got raped with my own pike sticking out of my ass)

So if we would get the scoreboard removed, I guess a lot of cav players would become more reasonable while playing, because their kill greed would be lowered. And then you could clearly see who really made the kills for helping his team, and who only wanted to amass frags. Because latter will stop with certain behaviours.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 04:20:36 pm »
Horses need to randomly explode, killing their riders in a glorious fireball for the amusement of all.  This of course would automatically result in a horse upkeep bill every time it happened.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...