Author Topic: Banned from EU official [Seige+Battle] Server  (Read 418 times)

Offline Frederick

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Banned from EU official [Seige+Battle] Server
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:10:57 pm »
Ingame Username: Useless_Knube

I tried joining the EU official battle server, on the first attempt I received a 'User disconnected' message, after connecting the second time, I was kicked and the message log said I was banned. I tried the same thing on the euro-seige server and got roughly the same thing. [disconnected twice and then banned] I joined the NA server but did not have this problem. [thankfully]

Now I'm not sure if being disconnected twice was the cause [or the effect] of being banned or whether the two are completely unrelated. Because I don't know precisely why I was banned I'm going to post all possible theories and try and give as much information as possible. [Even if it turns out to be inconsequential]

First, I don't remember being kicked from the server prior to leaving it myself [intentionally] And I do not remember anything being said to me immediately prior to leaving. I usually switch between EU and NA server when the latter becomes more populated than the former. [EU ping averages 120, NA averages 38, so the size of the server is the main determinant for me].

I was kicked by an admin once from a server, but I cannot remember if it was on the NA or EU server. The offense was for creating a poll to kick myself, but I was able to rejoin the server promptly after being kicked, so even if that kick occured on the EU server, it probably wasn't the reason for the ban.

I've been kicked a few times, especially from the EU server, whenever the server population was very high. But I had figured that these kicks were some automated feature  designed to reserve slots for admins or preferred players. [I was kicked from a server before I had created my first character] But none of these kicks were bans. [according to the gamelog]

The other possibility is the accusation of leeching. On one of the maps [I had just switched from a ninja-character to a crossbow character] I had made a bad habit of missing enemies and either nearly hitting allies or accidentally hitting them, so the next round I stayed on a bridge towards the back of the map and waited till most of the team was dead before doing anything.

I left euroserver to play on NA server some time during the afternoon, because I wasn't kicked or banned at any particular time I can't remember when my EU server gaming changed to NA server gaming.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
Re: Banned from EU official [Seige+Battle] Server
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 09:22:41 pm »
You were banned by me yesterday for leeching.

First time I spectated you, you were standing firing crossbow bolts directly into the air while the enemy was charging through the front lines to your left before cutting you down, you made no attempt at moving to defend against them.

The second time I spectated you, you ran directly onto the same bridge and fired bolts into the sky again, I warned you with something along the lines of "Useless_Knube, stop doing what your name says and stop leeching." to which you made no response.

The third round, you ran onto the bridge again, I waited to see if you would react when you were one of the last three alive on the team, you did not, so I banned you for two days, which was rather light considering the number of times I gave you chances to do something and with people telling me that you were doing nothing.

You will be unbanned: 14/09/2011 at 00:07:55.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Frederick

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:23:41 pm »
alright

"The third round, you ran onto the bridge again, I waited to see if you would react when you were one of the last three alive on the team, you did not, so I banned you for two days, **which was rather light considering the number of times I gave you chances to do something** and with people telling me that you were doing nothing."

If you think the duration is too short then just extend the length of the ban  [In response to the Double-Starred Quote ]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:29:17 pm by Frederick »

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:04:07 am »
Why would you want to increase the ban time..? The community always throws up the unexpected I suppose!

I'm not going to increase the ban time, it'll stay as it is, i'm pretty sure you won't leech again whether or not there is a prospect of a longer ban.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are