Author Topic: Polearms now collide with ground & overheads with teammates in EU 1 !!!  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Polearms now collide with ground & overheads with teammates in EU 1 !!!
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2011, 04:13:53 pm »
+1
Would someone please explain in a cogent and understandable English sentence what you are all talking about?  I've read 5 pages of indirect references to WSE, whatever that is, and still don't really know what the changes are.  Is there some readme, cleverly hidden away, that would explain the effects on polearms?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2011, 04:17:42 pm »
+1
Is there some readme, cleverly hidden away, that would explain the effects on polearms?

Lol have you been playing crpg long?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2011, 04:35:45 pm »
+2
Would someone please explain in a cogent and understandable English sentence what you are all talking about?  I've read 5 pages of indirect references to WSE, whatever that is, and still don't really know what the changes are.  Is there some readme, cleverly hidden away, that would explain the effects on polearms?
Sigh. Before you could swing your weapon through the ground and, if at a certain range, buildings/objects/teammates. This has now been fixed. Same with the polearm overhead now having a hitbox behind it (like 2h does) for friendlies and not just enemies.

WSE is Warband Script Enhancer. It is something that cmpx made and which opens up for a lot more modding/changes/whatever of the warband engine. Check the taleworlds forum for more info about it. Some other mods use it already.

And readmes. They don't exist in cRPG. We are lucky if they just give us a listing of changes (like chadz did here) or a post where they inform that they have changed a long standing and well known problem like the thread you are reading now.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2011, 04:42:45 pm »
+1
Thank you for taking the effort to answer zapper.  I appreciate that answering, what seem to be basic questions, may be exasperating.  It is helpful to people however.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011, 04:45:01 pm »
+1

What if I haven't?  Does your answer do anything to help me out?
In the time it took you to write a lame answer, you could have written a useful one.

Offline DKriza

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Bandits
  • Game nicks: Kriza_the_Prankster
  • IRC nick: Kriza
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2011, 04:58:26 pm »
+1

Thats the saddest thing with this mode, you cant ask for help from people (devs) that should help you or inform you.
Even if they respond to question, its 50 % chance that they are trolling and lying.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2011, 07:37:58 pm »
+1
Beginners help and guides. Nobody is allowed to troll there. Ask any questions you'd like there. If someone goes "herpaderpa ya noob lulzorz!" then contact this guy. He will remove their posts and warn them.

But before you do any of those. Try the Search function in the top right. You wonder what WSE is? Type WSE in the search bar and look through the results after someone explaining it.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »
+1
This has now been fixed. Same with the polearm overhead now having a hitbox behind it (like 2h does) for friendlies and not just enemies.

The dozens of TKs I've gotten from the backswing of my Long Bardiche on overheads would seem to indicate that this has always been the case.

I'm glad they fixed the groundstabbing business, but I'll miss polearm overheads magically going through teammates. That was a fun mechanic to abuse.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2011, 07:45:09 pm »
+1
What if I haven't?  Does your answer do anything to help me out?
In the time it took you to write a lame answer, you could have written a useful one.

Well I know nothing about it. So no it would have taken me a lot longer because I would have had to find out myself. But tbh I've gotten used to the fact that things get changed in patches/server side and no one tells you what the hell has been changed half the time. The last patch had the longest changelist I think I've ever seen in crpg. Just figured if you've been here since jan (that's when you signed onto forums) you would have known that. Hence the post.

It was a joke anyway. More of a dig at the fact devs rarely post anything about what they change/why they change it than a dig at you. So chill out a little  :)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:53:14 pm by Overdriven »